Hot Average and Cold Numbers (HAC)

Hot Average and Cold Numbers (HAC)

Postby farnarkle » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:22 am

G'day Stan and Members

This newbe is having an interesting time studying the nuances of EL.
Until I get a handle on all this I will probably appear as thick as a brick - but please be patient - I'll no doubt get the hang of it eventually.

One of the options I want to develop is the HAC numbers. i.e the number of times each number has been drawn in the WN history as a percentage of the winning tickets history.
e.g. Taking the EL 6/49 - I load the winning numbers into a package and go to the stats page - calculate stats for all draws (in my package that is 960 tickets) btw I now realise I don't have to load the winning numbers into a package in order to be able to calculate these stats - Anyway I calculate stats for Ticket Numbers - giving me ten columns of calculations - the first three being:- Number, Occurrence, [%]. Rather then the percentage being calculated on the number of times a digit has been drawn in the past 960 tickets - which I thought logical given that a number can only appear once on any ticket - it appears as a calculation of the number of possible positions on these tickets - i.e. 960x6 = 5760.
Example:- Number 4, Occurence 136, 2.4%. As a percentage of the drawn tickets it would be over 14%.
As a result I have 3 questions.
Q1...Do I need to calculate this percentage manually?
Q2...Can I find the calculation I want elsewhere in EL?
Q3...What use is there for the % currently showing in Ticket Number stats?
Keep up the good work - let's help each other win heaps.
farnarkle

Postby stan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 am

[quote=farnarkle]
Q1...Do I need to calculate this percentage manually?
[/quote]
i guess you do. the percentage is value_in_the_given_row / sum_of_all_values_in_occurrence_column * 100
Q2...Can I find the calculation I want elsewhere in EL?

i don't think so

Q3...What use is there for the % currently showing in Ticket Number stats?

see Q1. it has better use for sum and/or odd/even stats
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

WN History

Postby farnarkle » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:46 am

Stan - thanks for getting back so soon on this - looks like I'll have to do things manually.

I'm also trying to come to grips with the WN History page and am reading as much as I can find in the forum. However in spite of the dedicated forum on this subject it seems there are bits and pieces of useful info and tips in all forums - which is pretty frustrating and confusing trying to remember if I've read before eslewhere.

Is there any way of you getting all the WN History info into the one place?
farnarkle

Postby stan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:46 am

i'm afraid you'll have to use search function in this forum to get info on wn history.

expert lotto documentation is our weak spot... :red:
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:10 pm

Your documentation isn't weak Stan, just some of us are a little thicker in the brow area ;-)
Maryland

Return to Tips + Tricks