Number Groups and Sum Range

Number Groups and Sum Range

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:11 pm

Easy way for determining a good sum range is to use the Number Groups filter. If you are playing a pick6 lotto the number groups should be set to 3 groups and the Numbers in group min 2, max 2 for all 3 groups. Generate a full package and filter it using the Number Groups filter at this setting. Go to the Statistics page and put a check in the Tickets in the Package box and Show Stats for Sum. This is the optimum sum range for the lotto that you are working with. You can verify the results by checking the actual drawn sums in the Winning Numbers Stats. You can also tighten the sum range by removing lower occurrence sums. If you use the Number Groups filter set as shown here you will lower the amount of combinations greatly and automatically be within the optimum sum range.

For you pick 5 players, generate a full package and set the Number Groups to 3 groups and Numbers in group min 1, max 2 for all 3 groups. This will give you the optimum sum range as described above.

Pool size doesn't matter and you can tighten the sum range by eliminating some of the lower occurrence sums.

Now you can choose to use the optimum sum range that you found by itself which will produce more combinations but your combinations will not be limited to the number groups range used to find the optimum sum range.

Using the Number Groups at the settings I showed you will tighten the combinations limiting them to the settings and the actual drawn nnumbers will have to fall in the set group range for a jackpot win. You will however have fewer combinations to work with and still have possibilities to pick up some smaller prize wins.
PadawanLotto

Something interesting!

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:35 am

I was playing around with Rolling Cash 5, Ohio's 5/39 and I generated a full package 575757 combinations and I was looking at filtering the package with a Low/High filter of only 4/1, 1/4 to find the optimum sum range and then I set the Number Groups to 10 groups @ min0 to max1 and filtered the combinations then Calculated the stats to show the sum and found 2 seperate sets of sum ranges. The first sum range runs from 48 to 94 and the second sum range runs from 96 to 154, pretty cool. don't know if there is any use to all of this but, it is quite different from anything that I have come across before.
PadawanLotto

Return to Tips + Tricks