LE re-instalation

LE re-instalation

Postby andrzejs » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:20 pm

can EL be run on Microsoft Vista? If so could you please sent me a link
how to reinstall EL when one needs( I rememeber that subject was discussed before but I can not find it.)

Thanks
andrzejs
andrzejs

Postby stan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:27 pm

yes, expert lotto does run on windows vista, but i recommend using java 1.6 on vista - the application will look more native then.

to reinstall just download the installer from our website, install the free version, use the license file to unlock it (and download the latest beta version to take advantage of the new features)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

EL on Vista

Postby andrzejs » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:48 pm

Stan,

Thanks for the tips. EL is working OK on Vista but there is a problem with the installation of Beta plugins. EL does not see them. I have downloaded them on Buid 910 with .jar extension and coppied ones to plugins folder exactly like I did on previous Windows XP but those are not working on Vista. I am using java 1.6. The plugins: money, plastic, trend predictor are
working OK. the most important for me is a statistic digit plugin as whole my strategy starts from a last digit statistic.
Another question is what a file to copy from my old system to new one
to have old previous data draws and ticket settings so to avoid retyping and transffering. :rolleyes:
andrzejs

Postby stan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:13 pm

[quote=andrzejs]
Stan,

Thanks for the tips. EL is working OK on Vista but there is a problem with the installation of Beta plugins. EL does not see them. I have downloaded them on Buid 910 with .jar extension and coppied ones to plugins folder exactly like I did on previous Windows XP but those are not working on Vista. I am using java 1.6. The plugins: money, plastic, trend predictor are
working OK. the most important for me is a statistic digit plugin as whole my strategy starts from a last digit statistic.
Another question is what a file to copy from my old system to new one
to have old previous data draws and ticket settings so to avoid retyping and transffering. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

if you copy the contents of 'plugins' (e.g. c:program filesexpertlottoplugins) folder from your previous installation into the new one then the plugins should work fine.

all lottery related files are stored in 'data' sub-folder, so copying that whole folder into your new installation should work as well
make backup copies first, though!!
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

EL on Vista

Postby andrzejs » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:29 am

Stan,

Futher to the subject I have 2 problems with a Lottery Manager related to
2 different lotto games: one I have raised some time ago to change a cross mark shape to"X" and it was fixed as I remmeber on a build 783. When
I re-installed EL on Vista with a build 910 there is no that choice on Lottery Wizard - Edit labels and color setting - Plaslip. There is "check mark color" option but no any shape options. In property file related to that game
on a playslip section "checkmark.ellipse=false" and "checkmark.cross=true" but still prints an ellipse.
A second problem is related to another game and Edit Setting is not active
on Lottery Manager despite the fact a property file for that game exists and
tickets are being printed but I can not change settings unless I change them in a property file. The data subfolder for that game was coppied from Windows Xp. I suspect if I delete a data subfolder and create a game from a scratch it will be fixed.
Could you give me any advice on these above, please? :listen:
andrzejs

Postby stan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:44 pm

[quote=andrzejs]
Stan,

Futher to the subject I have 2 problems with a Lottery Manager related to
2 different lotto games: one I have raised some time ago to change a cross mark shape to"X" and it was fixed as I remmeber on a build 783. When
I re-installed EL on Vista with a build 910 there is no that choice on Lottery Wizard - Edit labels and color setting - Plaslip. There is "check mark color" option but no any shape options. In property file related to that game
on a playslip section "checkmark.ellipse=false" and "checkmark.cross=true" but still prints an ellipse.
[/quote]
no idea why it's not working. but adding the following line into your lottery properties file should do the trick:

[m]playslip.checkmark.cross=true[/m]

A second problem is related to another game and Edit Setting is not active
on Lottery Manager despite the fact a property file for that game exists and
tickets are being printed but I can not change settings unless I change them in a property file. The data subfolder for that game was coppied from Windows Xp. I suspect if I delete a data subfolder and create a game from a scratch it will be fixed.
Could you give me any advice on these above, please? :listen:

the lottery file is probably read-only. pls check the properties of that file in windows explorer
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Tips + Tricks