5/39er's

5/39er's

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:23 am

I'm only working with a 5/39 lotto but, this isn't to say that some of this will not work for other lotto's as well, you will just have to test them out for yourselves.

1. Column 0 is one of the most important columns to watch for indications of possible numbers in the next drawing and movement of increase or decrease. Example, look in the Statistics page>Calculate stats for>Winning Numbers>Latest>ascending. In keeping within the Segment default range of 6/12 you want to look at how many numbers are in Segment 3 ranges 13+, 65% of the time one or more of these number hit in the next drawing wether column 0 is increase or decrease. There are 4 to 6 numbers within this range about 69% of the time. The more numbers that are within Segment 3's range the better chance of one or more of these numbers are likely to come up in the next drawing. Look at the numbers that are in Segment 3's range and then look to see if those numbers appear in the top 50% of the top occurrence numbers, one or more of these numbers might just be one of the numbers that you want to consider for the next drawing.

2. Create a template package of overlap 2 and overlap 3 numbers (Ticket Generator>Ticket numbers range 1 to 39>Genreate tickets with random numbers>Maximum overlap 2 numbers and maximum overlap 3 numbers) save ovrelap 2 to file overlap2 and save overlap 3 to file overlap3. Open overlap3>Filters>Winning Numbers History Filter>Sums>Lookup Min & Max Ranges, find the column that has the lowest min diff (lowest min diff is the highest negitive value example, -90 is lower than -80) and raise the min lowest value by 1 (if the lowest min value is -90 subtract 1 making that min value -89) Matching Tickets: Remove>Ok, this should leave one ticket but it can leave more. Look at Statistics page>Show Stats for: Ticket Numbers>Calculate Stats for Ttickets in the Package>Occurrence>descesning. At leaset one or more of the numbers that show an occurrence above 0 should appear in the next drawing about +90% of the time.

3. Using the the overlap2 and overlap3 you are going to do the same thing as you did in strategy 2 but first you are going to go to the WN History page and run a simulation and find the columns that have an indicator of increase/decrease of 70% or better. Write down the column numbers that have an increase/decrease indicator of 70% or higher and then go to Filters>Winning Numbers History Filter>Sums>Lookup Min & Max Ranges. Once you have the Ranges for overlap2 or overlap3 go to the column that you found to have the highest percentage possibility of increasing and subtract 1 from the Max diff leaving all of the othe columns as they are. Click Remove under Matching Tickets: and click on Ok. This should leave you with one ticket most of the time but it can leave more. Go to the Statistics page>show Statsfor: Ticket Numbers>Calculate stats for Tickets in the Package. Go to Occurrence and set for Descending, at least one of the numbers that have an occurrence of higher than 0 should appear in the next drawing. Do this strategy for all of the columns that have an indicator of 70% or higher. Be sure to reset the Lookup Min & Max Ranges before working each column.

4. Make an overlap 1 and save it to file. Open the overlap1 and go to Filters>Winning Numbers History Filter>Lookup Min & Max Ranges. Look at the Min & Max differences and these can be helpful indicators of what columns might possibly increase or decrease. For example if the columns Min is -51 and the Max is 17 most likely the column will decrease in the next drawing. If the columns Min is close to even for example Min -30 Max 31 this is an undecided and it can go either way. If the columns Min is -14 and the Max is 30 most likely the column will increase in the next drawing. Although thIs increase/decrease can and does work well, it is not fool proof and the increase/decrease indications can go the other way.

Using strategies 1, 2, 3, and 4 can help you in increasing your chances of having all of the numbers in the next drawing but does not guarantee that you have all of the numbers or all of the numbers in one combination. I have found that if you are on the right track that most of the time using the basic filters such as odd/even, low/high, Position Filters>Numbers Range, Numbers Groups, and Match Winning Numbers will not filter out very many combinations. If you still have too many combinations use the Systematic Selection at it's default of Leave every 2nd ticket in the package can work well.

NOTE: Using strategies 2 and 3 it could be to your benifit to keep track of each columns set of numbers as each columns set of numbers most likely will only contain one of the numbers in the next drawing but, they can contain more than one number in the next drawing also. You may want to take each set of numbers from each column workout and go to Filter>Match Numbers>Place an X on the numbers from each column workout and place an X in the Match 1 box.

NOTE: Strategies 2 and 3 work their best when the Increase is high and the Decrease is very Low keeping in mind the low is the highest negitive difference.

I thought that I would create this 5/39er's thread for everybody that playss a 5/39 game and may have idea's and strategies that can produce at least one number from a minimum of 5 numbers about 90% of the time.
All Ideas are welcome.

Test out these strategies for yourselves and let me know what you think. Any questions, let me know I will try to he;p out the best I can.

Padawan
PadawanLotto

Hi Padawan

Postby Bobes » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:10 pm

Good idea . I am not sure as for the length of segments however you certainly know that you can set segments in Preferences→WN History→Default size for segments.
Once again , interesting idea. Thanks
Bobes

Postby BrianPA » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:50 pm

Thanks Padawan!!! I am also concentrating mainly on a 5/39 lottery. PA Cash5 to be exact. Right now I'm gathering data and stats for analisys of repeat number from past draw. In the past 2 years a number has repeated from the previous draw 54% of the time. I check out the latest column after running a +/- strategy and see if the highest #1 in that column (after ascending occurrence col.) is the repeat Number. Just gathering data right now, but maybe it could give you an idea. Check it out in your charts.

Brian
BrianPA

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:56 am

Hi BrianPA,
I only go back four weeks worth of drawings for that type of information. By your analysis you have a repeating number every 1.8 drawings, not bad. In the Ohio Rolling Cash 5 for the four weeks the repeat precentage was 54% of the drawings. Rolling Cash 5 draws 6 times pre week where PA Cash 5 draws 7 times per week so, you can see that this is fairly common for a 5/39.

One of the things that we have going for us is that the PA and OH 5/39's are drawn using a Mechanical Lottery Ball Machine to choose the numbers over a computer.

Analysis of this sort should be considered when choosing numbers for play and developing a strategy. I have been studying stock market investing here recently and one of the things that is stressed is to develop a plan and stick to it unconditionally, easier said than done. I feel that this is what it would take to be successful when playing the lottery.

Knowing that the lottery is drawing repeat numbers of at least one number from the last drawing about once every two drawings you would have to consider playing one number out of the last five numbers drawn in each combination.

Repeating numbers is just one of the common occurrences that should be considered when choosing numbers for play. Finding and utilizing commomn occurrences is part of a good strategy.

Here is something you can look at, in the Statistics page Calculate Stats for Winning Numbers>Latest>ascending, look at the numbers that are 13+. These are the numbers that haven't been drawn in the last 13+ drawings if there is more then 5 numbers in this list the better chance that Column 0 will be a decreaseing sum value. Look at the Occurrence>descending. If any of the numbers that are in the Latest 13+ since the last time they were drawn appear in the top 13 highest occurrence numbers these are good numbers to consider for the next drawing.

The use of FIlters>Match Numbers can be very helpful when you are looking for only one number out of five of more number such as repeating numbers from the last drawing.

Burnt at this point, more later.

Padawan
PadawanLotto

Let's Find Some Numbers!

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:51 am

Let’s Find Some Numbers!
Again this is for 5/39 and has not been tested on any other type of lottery.

Generate a full package of combinations and run a simulation.
Find the column or columns that have highest percentage of increase and/or decrease, 70% or better. You only need one column correct for this strategy.

1. Start with a full package of combinations.

2. Statistics Page>Calculate stats for Winning Numbers>Show Stats for Ticket Numbers>Latest>Ascending.

3. From the top of the number column highlight the first 13 numbers down.

4. Filters>Match Numbers Filter>Options>Clear, place an X on the numbers that are highlighted>Match 5>Ok.

5. Filters>Winning Numbers History Filter>Sums>Lookup Min & Max Ranges, choose the one History Index (column 0 thru -10) that has the highest Increase or Decrease percentage value from your earlier simulation. If it is an increase subtract 1 from the Max Diff value in the Differences page. If it is a decrease subtract 1 from the Min Diff value in the Differences page. Matching Tickets set to Remove and click Ok. Only work one column at a time to start, experiment later.

If any of the numbers from the list of the 13 numbers you highlighted are drawn in the next drawing and the increase or decrease indication was correct you should have at least 1 number correct out of the numbers left after filtering. There can be more then 1 number correct if there is more than 1 number drawn out of the 13 numbers chosen.

Follow the same procedure as above but choose the next 13 numbers and the last set of 13 numbers. You can even use the same History Index (column 0 thru -10) for all 3 sets of 13 numbers. Do some back testing and experimenting and see what you think.

Good Luck!

Padawan
PadawanLotto

5-0-0

Postby Maryland » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:49 am

Here's another little tidbit. In segments, whatever balance you use, when there is 5-0-0 you know it has all the numbers. So we can almost be certain that every winning segment isn't going to be 5-0-0. Say you have 3500 combos and one of the segments is 4-1-0 in statistics and it shows 1600 tickets for that setting well if you have all the winning numbers then the 1600 is going to have the winning ticket if that is the right setting. Cuts your tickets in half. Test yourself and check it out. Any ideas I'm all :listen:

Good Luck
Maryland

A bit of (hopefully useful) information

Postby Clem9403 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:09 am

I have a bit of info for picking the direction of the sums in the wnh. This may all be a fluke and/or coincidence, and I may be chasing something that's not there, but I've tried this on a pick 4 game as well as a pick 5. And although I've not done alot of back testing, it seems to work each time I've tried it. Maybe someone has tried this and know it's not valid. And if so, let me know, but here it is: I must warn you, it's TIME CONSUMING! But what I did was I loaded a full package. Then I went to WNH and updated the LOOKUP MIN & MAX RANGES. After this was complete, I put a '0' in the MIN colume of -1. (I will explain about col 0 in a bit). I clicked OK (also the settings were 'and' and 'keep'). After this was complete, I went to the STATS tab, updated the package and then selected TICKET NUMBERS. Now...what I did was print this page out. But what you are looking for are the numbers of the LAST DRAW. And when you find these numbers, you want to take notice of the 'occurences'. Like I said, I print this out, because we are not done yet! (TIME CONSUMING!!) Now, you must go back and reload a full package and do the same steps(you must update the LOOKUP MIN & MAX RANGES each time!), except this time, you put the '0' on the MAX side and click OK. Go to the TICKET NUMBERS page, update and look up the previous draw's numbers and occurences. In my limited back-testing, I have found that the colume (min or max) that had the BIGGER occurence count, that's where your '0' should remain. For instance, if one of my past draw's number was 3 and the occurence number for 3 was 3959 on the MIN side as appose to the 3 on the MAX side having an occurence of 2113, then I would put a 0 on the MIN side and that means that the next sum will be higher(or same). You will want to do this with each colume. As I stated before, I've not been able to do alot of back-testing due to the time it takes, but what I did do, was jump around, picking columes at random on differnt draws and games, and it seems that this process as been correct each time. BUT, for colume 0, it was a bit different. I don't think this process works for col 0 that well. I can't seem to find any sort of consistancy with col 0. If anyone can help test this out, I would appreciate it. I hope this isn't some sort of fluke or coincidence because although it's time consuming, it would be worth it if this info was valid and it helped someone win the jackpot! I await you all's input.
Clem9403

Postby Da80th » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:56 am

hi Clem9403,

First question, if you do Col -1 and put "0" in Min, what you put in the Max and what you do with other Columns?, I mean do you leave everything the same after you do the Lookup Max & Min Ranges, or are you unchecked the box on the left and only do Col -1 first?

When I did the first test for both Min and Max for Col -1, there was no ticket removed from the full package, so when I go to check Stat of Ticket then all numbers are equal in occurence.

Thanks,

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Joe » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:57 am

[quote=Clem9403]
I have a bit of info for picking the direction of the sums in the wnh. This may all be a fluke and/or coincidence, and I may be chasing something that's not there, but I've tried this on a pick 4 game as well as a pick 5. And although I've not done alot of back testing, it seems to work each time I've tried it. Maybe someone has tried this and know it's not valid. And if so, let me know, but here it is: I must warn you, it's TIME CONSUMING! But what I did was I loaded a full package. Then I went to WNH and updated the LOOKUP MIN & MAX RANGES. After this was complete, I put a '0' in the MIN colume of -1. (I will explain about col 0 in a bit). I clicked OK (also the settings were 'and' and 'keep'). After this was complete, I went to the STATS tab, updated the package and then selected TICKET NUMBERS. Now...what I did was print this page out. But what you are looking for are the numbers of the LAST DRAW. And when you find these numbers, you want to take notice of the 'occurences'. Like I said, I print this out, because we are not done yet! (TIME CONSUMING!!) Now, you must go back and reload a full package and do the same steps(you must update the LOOKUP MIN & MAX RANGES each time!), except this time, you put the '0' on the MAX side and click OK. Go to the TICKET NUMBERS page, update and look up the previous draw's numbers and occurences. In my limited back-testing, I have found that the colume (min or max) that had the BIGGER occurence count, that's where your '0' should remain. For instance, if one of my past draw's number was 3 and the occurence number for 3 was 3959 on the MIN side as appose to the 3 on the MAX side having an occurence of 2113, then I would put a 0 on the MIN side and that means that the next sum will be higher(or same). You will want to do this with each colume. As I stated before, I've not been able to do alot of back-testing due to the time it takes, but what I did do, was jump around, picking columes at random on differnt draws and games, and it seems that this process as been correct each time. BUT, for colume 0, it was a bit different. I don't think this process works for col 0 that well. I can't seem to find any sort of consistancy with col 0. If anyone can help test this out, I would appreciate it. I hope this isn't some sort of fluke or coincidence because although it's time consuming, it would be worth it if this info was valid and it helped someone win the jackpot! I await you all's input.
[/quote]

Great, let me give try with this,

It will be more easy to be understood your idea, if you give it step by step like padawan explained in above post

thanks
Joe

Postby Clem9403 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:08 am

Hello Da80th. I'm sorry, I should have explained it better! And yes, Joe, I think I will need to re-write this. But to answer your question Da80th, after you update the MIN/MAX RANGES, you leave everything AS IS. you only put a 0 in the min side first. You are working with only one col and one side(min or max) at a time. I hope this clears things for you...if not, by all means, let me know. In the meantime, I will re-write my post. Thanks.
Clem9403

Postby Clem9403 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:23 am

I may have to withdraw my findings. I may have found a flaw! Darn!
Clem9403

Postby Da80th » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:33 am

hi Clem9403,

OK, I found out you need to use Min Diff & Max Diff, the first test I used Min Sum & Max Sum. So my first question is resolved.

Second question, you mentioned "if one of my past draw's number was 3...", what you do with this:

# Min Diff Max Diff

9 57933 17402
21 36459 39512
23 59360 15974
25 46229 29887
36 60655 14555

The #9,21,23,25,36 were yesterday winning number. My question is if 4 out 5 drawn numbers show "higher" in the Min Diff, therefore we should put "0" in the Min Diff for Col -1?

BTW, after I updated tonight's winning numbers, Col -1 actually "Increase" with +12. So my first test looking good!

Thanks,

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Clem9403 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:39 am

I just used the number 3 as an example. And looking at your actual results, that's the first time I have seen 4 of 5 numbers increase. In my game, all the numbers were higher. But to answer your question, yes, since most of the numbers are higher on the Min side, you would put your 0 on the min side, meaning the sum will increase.
Clem9403

Postby Da80th » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:12 am

Same test, this time for Col -2

# Min Diff Max Diff

9 23434 51872
21 32104 43075
23 30886 44314
25 28343 46829
36 34650 40567

All five numbers show "higher" in the Max Diff, therefore Max Diff for Col -2 should "0".

Actual Sum for Col -2 for tonight DECREASE by -1

Here are Actual Sum for April 25:

04/25/07 Wed 286 [-13] 572 [+12] 969 [-1] 1240 [-2] 1580 [-16] 1953 [+3] 2312 [+19] 2573 [0] 2863 [-13] 3215 [-7] 3424 [+5]

This is too easy, I must be dreaming! I will continue with other Columns tomorrow.

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Clem9403 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:17 am

Nice!! Good luck!
Clem9403

Next

Return to Tips + Tricks