Which Filter is best for this ?

Which Filter is best for this ?

Postby sliver » Tue May 29, 2007 3:28 pm

I have now been using EL for just about a year now. I’ve lost count of all the strategies which I have developed and discarded in the last 12 months. What I’ve come to realise is that most times in my final packages which I bet, I hardly ever match 5, 6, and only very few match 4s. So now I’m thinking that I could take advantage of this and build a different strategy which goes something like this:

I start with a full package for the 7/27 UK Daily Play (880,000 lines); I run all my best filters –single, compound and group – developed over the course of the last year. As an example I end up with a package with 55,000 lines. Now usually I either use the optimiser, best tickets or some other method to reduce this to a playable bet of 100 tickets. Sometimes I’m lucky and most times I’m not. This is where the twist comes in. Rather than play the final set of 100 tickets, I wil now use these 100 tickets as the basis for filtering a new full set of tickets, using the match numbers filter. The assumption is that none of the tickets in the 100 tickets will match 0, 5, 6, or 7. Therefore I go through each of the 100 tickets – I enter the numbers in each ticket in the match numbers filter, and choose, “leave match 1, 2, 3 or 4â€￾. At the end of this process, I end up with about 5,000 – 10,000 tickets which give good results when I reduce further.

Now my question to Stan or anyone else who has some ideas on this – what filter in EL is best to use on a pre-filtered package, to leave the package with a good representation and distribution of the numbers in the pre-filtered package. I don’t know if the question is clear, but assume I reduce a full package of 880,000 tickets to 55,000 tickets that contains the jackpot and many 2nd, 3rd and 4th prizes. What is the best filter to use to reduce 55,000 tickets to 100 tickets such that each of the 100 tickets will have at least 1 of the winning numbers?

I hope this makes sense, and any ideas on this will be much appreciated.
sliver

Postby stan » Wed May 30, 2007 4:28 pm

[quote=sliver:1180445321]
I have now been using EL for just about a year now. I’ve lost count of all the strategies which I have developed and discarded in the last 12 months. What I’ve come to realise is that most times in my final packages which I bet, I hardly ever match 5, 6, and only very few match 4s. So now I’m thinking that I could take advantage of this and build a different strategy which goes something like this:

I start with a full package for the 7/27 UK Daily Play (880,000 lines); I run all my best filters –single, compound and group – developed over the course of the last year. As an example I end up with a package with 55,000 lines. Now usually I either use the optimiser, best tickets or some other method to reduce this to a playable bet of 100 tickets. Sometimes I’m lucky and most times I’m not. This is where the twist comes in. Rather than play the final set of 100 tickets, I wil now use these 100 tickets as the basis for filtering a new full set of tickets, using the match numbers filter. The assumption is that none of the tickets in the 100 tickets will match 0, 5, 6, or 7. Therefore I go through each of the 100 tickets – I enter the numbers in each ticket in the match numbers filter, and choose, “leave match 1, 2, 3 or 4â€￾. At the end of this process, I end up with about 5,000 – 10,000 tickets which give good results when I reduce further.

Now my question to Stan or anyone else who has some ideas on this – what filter in EL is best to use on a pre-filtered package, to leave the package with a good representation and distribution of the numbers in the pre-filtered package. I don’t know if the question is clear, but assume I reduce a full package of 880,000 tickets to 55,000 tickets that contains the jackpot and many 2nd, 3rd and 4th prizes. What is the best filter to use to reduce 55,000 tickets to 100 tickets such that each of the 100 tickets will have at least 1 of the winning numbers?
[/quote]

i'm not sure there's any good filter for this purpose - each filter adds/removes its own properties to the filtered tickets. so it may be better to take the first xx most frequent numbers from those 55k tickets and put them into some wheel with defined guarantee
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Wed May 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Sliver,

Better you use occurrence at this stage, But don't expect the Numbers are up in descending order. jus find the ranges of past winning numbers with occurrences like 1 Number within the occurrences 1 to 7 , and 2nd Number from 3 to 14 like that. sometimes I use this method. But I am not sure about how your winning Numbers are in your lotto. jus give a try on this.

Good Luck.
Joe

Postby sliver » Wed May 30, 2007 9:48 pm

Ok, thanks for your ideas. I will see if occurences will work for this
sliver

Postby Joe » Thu May 31, 2007 3:37 am

[quote=sliver]
Ok, thanks for your ideas. I will see if occurences will work for this
[/quote]

yeah Good luck Sliver, I too still trying to filter to the amount what you trying to achieve. Hope HD filter works on this once we have improvements on this.
Thanks Sliver,
Joe

Return to Tips + Tricks