Saving Filter Statistics

Saving Filter Statistics

Postby Midas » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:24 am

Stan,

Under "Statistics - Filters", where the user can configure their batch filters for statistics display, can we have the ability to save and retrieve our different statistics filters. This would be very useful and save re-typing. ;-)

Many Thanks
Midas
Midas

Postby stan » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:32 pm

the list of filters in the stats is persistent across expert lotto sessions, isn't that good enough? - just asking what the use case is for this...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Midas » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:52 pm

:zzz:
Midas

Postby Midas » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:06 pm

The list of simple filters in the statistics is all well and good but restrictive. This by no means helps anybody to fully use the expert lotto statistics capability.

Already you have the compound filter which we can build up different combinations of filters and load them into the "statistics filter" for statistics, however if we want to look at different statistics on say another significant compound filter set, we have to re-type these combinations. This is extremely time consuming. Let me illustrate by example how the existing simple list of limited statistics is prohibitive.

Consider for (6/49) Lottery all the decade patterns under "Number Group".

2-1-1-1-1
2-2-1-1-0
3-2-1-0-0
3-1-1-1-0
4-2-0-0-0
4-1-1-0-0
5-1-0-0-0
6-0-0-0-0

To obtain statistics for these generic groups all of these patterns have to be configured under "Filter Statistics" for all patterns in the positions.

So the compound filter for all patterns in different position of 6-0-0-0-0 are:

6-0-0-0-0
0-6-0-0-0
0-0-6-0-0
0-0-0-6-0
0-0-0-0-6

The same procedure has to be applied for all the rest of the "Number Groups" and loaded into the statistics module for statistics. Note as you go up the list the number of combinations for the different positions increases.

There are many other such "generic filters" which are not available in EL but need to be covered. The position deficits as shown above have to be built for up nearly all filters in EL like Last digit, Panel, etc can all benefit from visualization of the above characterization.

So you clearly see, if we have the capability to save these "filter statistics" this would save a lot of re-typing during the execution of a lottery strategy.

I think such a feature is extremely enhancing for EL.

Regards
Midas
Midas

Postby stan » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:42 am

sorry if seem a bit slow today but i still don't see how 'load & save' in filter stats would help anything... you still have to create the filter somehow.
my idea for filter stats was that you'd use it to obtain stats for your existing compound filters. i agree it is a poor substitute for tracking of lottery stats that are not available in regular stats tables.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Midas » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Apologies for the double tap on the above message.

Perhaps it was not transparent in my personal example, this is a fault in my explanation which maybe others can better elaborate . This not say this feature is bad in any way it really is quite an original EL feature.

When you first introduced this feature, I immediately thought here was the tool to display the statistics for Joe's (or any developer's) different plugin filters. You will know that nearly all of his filters have no accompanying statistics, EL users have to use the "Filter Statistics", by building up compound filter combinations for visualization through this feature.

However the problem also lies in the ability to switch to different plugin filter sets to observe their statistics. This takes a lot of time retyping whereas saving and retrieving different filter sets into "Filter Statistics" would be very useful.

Best Regards
Midas
Midas

Postby stan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:48 pm

well, there's compound filter editor which can easily load and save compound filters so it might be a (poor) workaround.
i've already been thinking about extending this feature but it's more likely work for version 5.0 ...:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Midas » Sun May 04, 2008 11:03 am

Thanks the new enhancement it will be much appreciated! ;-)
Midas

Return to Tips + Tricks