Bonus As Main

Bonus As Main

Postby george39 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi There

Have been trying to set "Bonus As Main" under the Winning Numbers menu but the option to do this is greyed out and will not let me in.it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I remain unable to change that situation. I have obviously missed the point somewhere and would appreciate help to set me straight.
I should point out that I am currently in OZ LOTTO which is pick 7 from 45 plus two bonus numbers from same pool.

Thanks
george39

Re: Bonus As Main

Postby stan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:14 am

when i open 'oz 7 lotto' lottery that ships with expert lotto the 'bonus as main' action in the main menu is enabled and does work as expected.
did you setup your own lottery?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby george39 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Thanks Stan
Perhaps I did set up a new lottery when I started.
Have now gone back to square one and started again. All is now as you said, it opens with Bonus as Main in place.

Thanks again.
george39

Postby george39 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Sorry to be a pain but tonight when I opened EL5 the "Bonus as Main' option was once again greyed out. I then fully uninstalled EL5, then did a restart on my computer. I then fully reinstalled EL5 and filled in license info and lo and behold the 'Bonus as Main' option was then available.
I then exited EL5 and after 30 secs. reopened EL5 only to find the option greyed out again.
Obviously I must be doing something wrong - any ideas on what that may be ?
When I reinstalled I had virus checking turned off and firewall disabled which were turned back on after installation.
Your help appreciated.
george39

Postby Jerzy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:22 pm

In my experience, in a powerball game Bonus as Main option is greyed out, but in a agame with "normal" bonuses this option is available.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Jerzy wrote:In my experience, in a powerball game Bonus as Main option is greyed out, but in a agame with "normal" bonuses this option is available.

that's a different issue. in a powerball lottery the bonus ball comes from a different pool than the main numbers so it can be the same number as one of the main numbers. therefore it isn't possible to show bonus numbers as main numbers because some tickets would have duplicate numbers.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:03 pm

george39 wrote:Sorry to be a pain but tonight when I opened EL5 the "Bonus as Main' option was once again greyed out. I then fully uninstalled EL5, then did a restart on my computer. I then fully reinstalled EL5 and filled in license info and lo and behold the 'Bonus as Main' option was then available.
I then exited EL5 and after 30 secs. reopened EL5 only to find the option greyed out again.
Obviously I must be doing something wrong - any ideas on what that may be ?
When I reinstalled I had virus checking turned off and firewall disabled which were turned back on after installation.
Your help appreciated.

there's a bug in the application. i'll fix it in the next development build.
as workaround you can try opening a different lottery (any lottery) and then reopen again the previous lottery (you can use menu 'file - open recent lottery'). the menu action will be active then.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby george39 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Thank you Stan
At least I now know it's not me doing it.
I will look forward to your next rebuild. In the meantime the work around you advised seems to work just fine.

Tks again.
george39

Return to Anything Else