Complex Filter Sharing

Complex Filter Sharing

Postby dreamweaver » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:06 am

Hi Stan,

I am having an issue with a complex filter another user has shared with me. Under their system environment they are able to edit, and run the filter. When I open the filter sent to me I am unable to copy and paste as such I am attempting to perform a simple task of copying and pasting a single line filter entry. The pop up list functions are "greyed" out for pasting.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
dreamweaver

Re: Complex Filter Sharing

Postby stan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:16 am

dreamweaver wrote:Hi Stan,

I am having an issue with a complex filter another user has shared with me. Under their system environment they are able to edit, and run the filter. When I open the filter sent to me I am unable to copy and paste as such I am attempting to perform a simple task of copying and pasting a single line filter entry. The pop up list functions are "greyed" out for pasting.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Is the filter created for the same lottery that you're playing or a different one? If the lottery settings aren't the same (pool size, draw schedule etc) then you can just apply the filter but not modify it. And filters created for e.g. Pick 3 lottery won't even open in a Jackpot lottery.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby dreamweaver » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:55 am

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your response but the lottery is the Australian Powerball 6/40 and my colleague is playing the same game as well.

Cheers
dreamweaver

Postby stan » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:23 pm

So you can edit and change the settings for all filters in the complex filter? Do you have the same set of plugins installed as your friend?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby dreamweaver » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi Stan,

Yes we both have the same environments, all is the same. I have even tried to use the same filter in my DEV version I co-run with normal EL5 and still have the same problem.

Thanks Stan
dreamweaver

Postby stan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:18 am

Please send me a screen shot showing what the problem is. I'm not sure I understand what you're complaining about.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby dreamweaver » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:20 am

Hi Stan,

I think I have a workaround.. I am not sure why it was behaving the way it was but I copied the lines in the complex filter that was sent to me into a New Complex Filter and was able to edit the filter lines.

All good, thanks for your time anyway.

Cheers
dreamweaver

Postby Falcon » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 am

If you receive a complex filter as an email attachment for example and save this attachment into your Complex Filter folder then upon opening this new complex filter you may not be able to edit it.

However if you then 'Save As' and give it another name you will then be able to edit the filter.

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:57 am

dreamweaver wrote:Hi Stan,

I think I have a workaround.. I am not sure why it was behaving the way it was but I copied the lines in the complex filter that was sent to me into a New Complex Filter and was able to edit the filter lines.

All good, thanks for your time anyway.

Cheers

Maybe the original complex filter file had read-only flag set on.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else