Help with complex filter for Multiple Sum History levels

Help with complex filter for Multiple Sum History levels

Postby D1Magnet » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi I’m trying to build a complex filter using multiple numbers/ number ranges as estimates for each individual sums history level.

This was mentioned back in 2010 by djdez on this page for History Sums http://expertlotto.com/en/forum/viewtop ... =14&t=1513

(I've also put in a feature request for a specialized history sum filter that could read values from eg a text file, as mentioned on the webpage)

So far, I’ve built a complex filter for each sum history level, entered my estimate for the individual level, ticked at least 1 to 1 levels must pass. (see attached screenshots)

The problem I’m having is that the first filter accepts and rejects tickets correctly. When it gets to the second filter underneath it, this filter is not accepting tickets & it rejects the tickets found in the first filter above it, rather than accepting its own tickets & then reducing the overall package total.

I’ve right clicked and pressed preview on all the filters underneath the first one, and they seem to work correctly on their own, in that they accept and reject tickets. But they are not combining into the overall output of reducing the total package down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
D1Magnet

Re: Help with complex filter for Multiple Sum History levels

Postby tdnl46w » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:04 am

Click on your main complex filter group -> "Complex Filter DEMO TEST",...then; "Minimum count of filters to pass:1" and "Maximum count of filters to pass:11"(or the filter counts you need to pass). Does this work?
tdnl46w

Postby D1Magnet » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi tdnl46w thank you for your reply.

This demo test has 7 levels (or conditions) that I put in to test out how it works. When I do minimum 1 to maximum 7 must pass, I get 6.5 million combinations left. When I do 2 to 7 must pass I get 1 million combinations. At 3 to 7, it finds 0. I've tried 6 of 7 to pass and the accepted/rejected windows show numbers in there, When I tried 7 to 7 must pass, there were no numbers in the lower windows, the first window would accept 1 million, and the second would reject 1 million, and the lower windows were blank.

Thanks
D1Magnet

Postby tdnl46w » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:31 am

The minimum/maximum count of filters to pass is the range of filters you want to accept or reject in a group. So if you select a range of 2 to 7 must pass, then it means at least 2(any 2) up to 7 must pass. If you select 3 to 3 must pass, then exactly 3(any 3) must pass(etc.). The combinations of ranges and how each filter is setup is what changes the accepted/rejected results in each filter(s) row. Hope this helps.
tdnl46w

Postby D1Magnet » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi tdnl46w thanks for your response above

At first when the filter was not accepting tickets at the 3rd level, I couldn’t understand why it wouldn’t accept 7 to 7 levels, or even 6 to 7 levels must pass in my demo test.

I also tried it on another complex filter of 35 sum filters. At 10 out of 35 filters to pass, it had reduced the whole package of 5 million combinations down to 1 ticket, at 9 out of 35 it was 53 tickets

It seems this complex filter accepts about 28.5% of the total sum levels in filtering out the whole package before it becomes 0. eg 10/35 = 28.5%, 2/7 = 28.5% (as tested in the demo) And it doesn’t seem to work on the complete 7 to 7 or 35 to 35 levels must pass for example.

For interest, when I did it again on 26 filters, 8 of 26 gave 9 tickets including the jackpot when all correct estimates were used (and 7 of 26 was giving more tickets at the start)

So in the demo test as I had only used 2 history sum levels and 7 separate sum filter conditions, because only 2 sum levels had been estimated, the final output was 1 million before it dropped to 0.

In the filter with 35 levels, the final output was 1 before it dropped to 0 as more sum levels had been estimated

If I understand correctly, when 10 out of 35 levels must pass (for example) does that mean it allows for up to 25 of them to possibly be inaccurate but at least 10 must be accurate estimates?

Thanks
Last edited by D1Magnet on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D1Magnet

Postby tdnl46w » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:49 am

Hi D1Magnet.

I may have misread the screenshots as they had 1 to 1 levels must pass in their filters,...are you using; 35 levels per filter(s) in a complex filter group, or 35 filters with 1 to 1 levels(or more) in a complex filter group?
tdnl46w

Postby D1Magnet » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi tdnl46w

I'm using 35 sums history filters with 1 to 1 levels must pass in a complex filter group. Each filter has only 1 sum level ticked in it (no others).

Thanks
D1Magnet

Postby tdnl46w » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:48 am

In a complex filter 'Group' that has 35 History Sum filters in it. If you set; Minimum count of filters to pass: [10] and Maximum count of filters to pass: [35],...then a ticket must pass at least 10(any combination of 10) up to 35. So there would be a total of 26 ranges which can be any combination of the 10 to 35 count to pass(hopefully I worded that correctly). Any tickets that pass 9 or less are rejected. Let me know if this helps. ...I also agree it would be nice to be able to input history sums directly to a filter or from a file. So I might have to add to that feature request. :)

(edit:) I added a feature request in another topic that should also cover having to input history sums. Here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2967 If it gets implemented, then you could just copy and paste any sum table rows from a statistics table to the complex filter.
tdnl46w

Postby D1Magnet » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi tdnl46w thanks for your reply

From what I understand in two stages:

1) Any combination of 10 ranges, up to 35 must pass otherwise the tickets get rejected. So tickets passing 9 ranges or less are rejected.

2) With the other 26 ranges, (out of any 26 of these ranges), they are now being filtered down to a lower amount of remaining tickets

Please let me know if that’s correct regarding 2)

The feature request sounds good to be able to copy and paste sum table rows to a complex filter. I put in a request on this mantis webpage http://expertlotto.com/issues/view.php?id=224 as suggested in the 2010 forum post, regarding the multiple estimates for each individual history sum level.
D1Magnet

Postby tdnl46w » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:50 am

...1) Any combination of 10 ranges, up to 35 must pass otherwise the tickets get rejected. So tickets passing 9 ranges or less are rejected...

Yes, it is similar to,...pass this filter OR this filter OR this filter(etc.) until at least 10 pass. If not, then a ticket does not pass. It can get a bit tricky for some multiple filter conditions though.

...2) With the other 26 ranges, (out of any 26 of these ranges), they are now being filtered down to a lower amount of remaining tickets...

The amount of tickets remaining depends on the strategy and filter setup. It may take some testing before you find the right amount.

----

The History Sums filter in the statistics lists should cover the input feature requests, as you could save any filters for later, possibly replacing having to use a text file. The number differences sum statistics are just a smaller but similar version of history sums, so I'm hoping it shouldn't be a problem to implement. If not, then I'll add to the Mantis feature request.
tdnl46w

Postby D1Magnet » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Hi tdnl46w many thanks for all your help. :D :D :D
I think I understand the complex filter setup better now, and yes it would be great if the history sums filter is added to the statistical filters in the near future.
D1Magnet

Postby D1Magnet » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi I found the feature request I posted in Mantis was resolved back in 2012 as a history sums experimental filter plugin http://expertlotto.com/issues/view.php?id=149, and in the forum viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1999

My only request now would be is it possible to add the "clear all table columns" icon to deselect all history sum level check boxes, like the standard Sums History filter already has.

Thanks
D1Magnet

Postby tdnl46w » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:32 am

Good find, thanks for the info. I had uninstalled all the extra plug-ins a while ago as they may have been causing program issues. I will have to resinstall them, list what each one does and test again.
tdnl46w

Postby D1Magnet » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi tdnl46w, you're welcome, good luck with your tests & good idea on listing what each one does.
D1Magnet

Return to Anything Else