Is this correct?

Is this correct?

Postby Gatsby » Mon May 06, 2019 4:00 pm

"164 of 167 12/22/2017, 10:41 PM
Example
Let's assume that filter group consists of three filters called filter A, filter B and filter C (in this order).

When filter group settings are Minimum count of filters to pass: 3, Maximum count of filters to pass: 3 then:
If filter A accepts a ticket and filter B accepts the same ticket and also filter C accepts the same ticket then the whole filter group accepts
that ticket. Group's sub-filters are bound with logical operator AND.
If any of group's filters rejects a ticket then also the whole filter group rejects that ticket. Note: if filter A rejects a ticket then filters B and C
are not evaluated at all and the whole filter group rejects that ticket immediately to increase filtering speed

When filter group settings are Minimum count of filters to pass: 1, Maximum count of filters to pass: 3 then:
If any of group's filters accepts a ticket then also the whole filter group accepts that ticket. Group's sub-filters are bound with logical operator
OR. Note: if filter A accepts a ticket then filters B and C are not evaluated at all and the whole filter group accepts that ticket immediately to
increase filtering speed.
If filter A rejects a ticket and filter B rejects the same ticket and also filter C rejects the same ticket then the whole filter group rejects that
ticket
."

This was taken from the EL Documentation pg 165.
Gatsby

Re: Is this correct?

Postby tdnl46w » Sun May 12, 2019 4:26 am

It's correct. Basically,...once a filter rejects a ticket, then there's no point in filtering it any further from the remaining filters in the hierarchy. This reduces processing time.
tdnl46w

Postby Gatsby » Thu May 16, 2019 12:00 pm

Ok, i can understand that.

So, if i want that all the filters are applied i must choose min=1 and max=1. That way the filtering process will be cumulative and every ticket rjected/accepetd from each and every filter will be added, isn´t so?

Thanks.
Gatsby

Postby tdnl46w » Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 am

Setting the group(s) minimum and maximum count to pass at; min=1 and max=1, means that only one of any of the filters can pass per ticket.
tdnl46w

Postby Gatsby » Sat May 18, 2019 2:51 pm

So, how would you make them work separetly. Meaning, having an end result with all the filtered tickets from each individual filter?
Gatsby

Postby tdnl46w » Sun May 19, 2019 5:47 am

tdnl46w wrote:...once a filter rejects a ticket, then there's no point in filtering it any further from the remaining filters in the hierarchy. This reduces processing time.

Correction. The wording and underlined text in the original post is still correct. However in my reply above, this may only apply to the same filter group and under certain count of filters to pass conditions.

Gatsby wrote:So, how would you make them work separetly. Meaning, having an end result with all the filtered tickets from each individual filter?

If I'm reading correctly, by "end result" you want to see/list which complex filters each ticket is accepting and rejecting?
tdnl46w

Postby Gatsby » Mon May 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Hi

Suppose you have three filters.

If
Filter 1 alone accepts 100 tickets
And
Filter 2 accepts 100 tickets
And
Filter 3 accepts 100 tickets

Then i want that 300 tickets in package (minus the ones that are common to either one of the filters). I suppose logical operator OR won´t result, because if filter 1 accepts that ticket, that´s it, it won´t be analysed in filter 2 and 3. If i use operator AND, it won´t work either because if filter 1 rejects tickets that could match the conditions on filter 2. So, i guess i must use a group with conditions min=1 max 1, the same group with min=1 max=2 and another one with Min=3, max=3. The end result of this would cover all the tickets from each filter, plus the common tickets. Don´t forget that when the "ladder" of filters are applied they don´t start each other with the selected universe of tickets (ex: full wheel), but with the rest of tickets that the previous filter let pass. That way, if you use in filter 1 "ODD/EVEN" and in filter 2 "HIGH/LOW", putting OR will bias the package because will accept more tickets that respect first the "ODD/EVEN" condition and only then analyse the rejected ones to see if the "High/LOW" condition is respected. If the condition AND is used it will only accept tickets that respect both conditions in "ODD/EVEN" and "LOW/HIGH", what is not intended. So, what i want is to each filter to operate independently over the same universe of tickets (full wheel).
Gatsby

Postby tdnl46w » Wed May 22, 2019 1:14 am

Setting the filter group 'count of filters to pass' at min=1 and max=3(operator OR), then the results will be any combination of those three filters. This should cover the results you need?

I'm not sure of how the program handles tickets after they are accepted/rejected in relation to the other remaining complex filters, but I asked for something similar in this topic; here. So you may end up having to RUN each filter separately and insert/merge(etc.) to get the package results for individual filters.
tdnl46w

Return to Anything Else