License upgrade question.

License upgrade question.

Postby Hitman » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:18 pm

Hi!

I have an expired license.
EL 5 is working but I want a new license.
How to proceed in order to do it good way?
What are exactly the steps?
I want to reinstal the EL because it is broken (I accidentally deleted some files from the installation folder), this means it will remove the old expired license, right?
Do I need to download that EL version I bought at the time when I bought the license or it can be the current one?
First input the old license and then the upgrade license? How to do it? What are the exactly steps to do it?
What if I format my PC and then install a new version of Windows? What I will do then? My new upgraded license already deleted, right? So, how to keep it working?
Thank you so much!
Hitman

Re: License upgrade question.

Postby tdnl46w » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:39 am

For a new computer, new OS or format(etc.), to reinstall EL, I have to do these steps;

- Install the original EL version you registered the full license key on. If you don't have that version, you may need to email EL support for it.
- Then update the original version to the newest version using a yearly renewal license key.

However, if a yearly renewal license key was expired at the time when you had to reformat/new computer(etc.), after installing the original registered version again, to get the latest EL version, you will have to purchase another yearly renewal license key(afaik).
tdnl46w

Re: License upgrade question.

Postby Skinto » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:38 pm

Ive recenlty got a new lap top , Im needing a key to register my expert lotto on new lap top
Ive tried e mailing but had no reply .
Any Help
Skinto

Return to Anything Else