Check Package Winnngs

Discuss your strategies and tips for Pick 3 and Pick 4 lotteries here.

Check Package Winnngs

Postby feelinLucky » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:24 am

Hi Stan,

Is the payout information hard coded or in XML format? With the pick games there are multiple ways to win and EL only calculates one. Pick 4 example:

A straight hit like 9993 is also a 4-way Box win. The check package only counts the straight hit and not the additional 4 way box. I'm pretty sure there are other examples where additional ways to win are not counted.

I have attached an example pick 4 payout schedule.

Thanks

pick4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
feelinLucky

Re: Check Package Winnngs

Postby stan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:23 pm

You can use menu Tools - Lottery - Edit to change the list of winning combinations. But Expert Lotto may not support all the winning combination types defined in your lottery though.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby feelinLucky » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi Stan, Thanks for your response. Maybe I was not clear with the problem. The ways to win are supported in my lottery, but El only count one of the ways. In other words, you can win more than one way at one time.

Example:

If I hit 9990 straight as an example and played the number Straight and Box. I have won two ways. You have a straight win and 4 way box win because a 4-way box is 3 like numbers. That mean you have won in two categories, but when checked in EL it only shows the straight hit and NOT the 4 way box hit. In other words, there should be two amounts totaled, one for the straight hit and one for the 4 way box. You guys probably don't have pick games and don't understand how winning works.

See my example pix.

Thanks

cpw.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
feelinLucky

Postby stan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:14 pm

Ok, got it. But that's a limitation how the application works - it finds just the 'best' win from the list of winning combinations, it's not possible to produce multiple wins from a single ticket.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby feelinLucky » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:53 pm

No big deal, I'll just write something outside of EL to do the checking. Again Thanks.
feelinLucky

Return to Pick 3/4