Repeat numbers

Repeat numbers

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:45 am

Hi Stan
I have noticed that in the New Zealand lotto drawings,( & I think lots of others), that very often at least two numbers are repeated from the previous weeks draw, & very often all six numbers appear in a draw that have been drawn in the previous 5 to 10 weeks. Because of this, I think it would be fabulous to have a filter that you could include say any one or more numbers from last weeks drawing (or any amount of previous draws you want to select) in each ticket in a set of numbers you are about to generate. I looked at different ways of acheiving this but they all seemed messy & time consuming. I looked at the "match winning numbers filter", but that doesn't seem to do quite what I would like.......it seems to remove/leave tickets which match the" winning number selection" in the package whereas, I want to be able include tickets that contain say 1 number from a ticket three weeks ago, and one number from a ticket say 5 weeks ago Maybe not so much as a filter is needed, but a feature added to the generator to allow this to be done.? Put another way, I would like to be able to generate tickets containing from 1 to 6 numbers from a selected period of past draws numbers. ( e.g. the last 10 draws). Hope you can understand this ok, I look forward to your reply.

Postby stan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am

there was a feature request from one of our czech customers to add some sort of 'custom winning numbers selection' that would allow non-continuous selection of previous draws. e.g. select draws from 1 week ago and 3 weeks ago and 5 weeks ago starting from the latest draw in the database.
i think this custom selection in the match wn filter should solve your problem.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:43 pm

Great :-) I take it that you are going to add this feature in a future update? Does it mean we will be able to generate tickets that will have say 2 numbers from last week, 2 numbers from the week before included in the same ticket?, and be able to generate tickets that contain only numbers from say the last 4 draws etc.? :-) Many thanks

Postby stan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:50 pm

well, as i said - there will be a new wn selection method only but it should make the match wn filter more flexible.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:53 pm

Excellent, I look forward to trying it.

Postby stan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:16 pm

my todo list is getting longer every day ;-)

btw, can you pls change your email address in your profile in expert lotto forum? somebody tried to contact you and the email got returned as undeliverable.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:32 pm

No Prob........I recently changed my isp, (changed to broadband) thus my email addy has changed. :cheesy:

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:35 pm

Done :-D

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests