Quads

Quads

Postby supernova » Wed May 05, 2010 1:24 pm

G`day stan,
i`m new to E.L and i have found it to have some very useful features.What i would like to suggest (perhaps somebody has made this suggestion in the past ,any way here goes) in the stats section you have pairs and triplets with the capability to filter any set or sets of these pairs or triplets.This here is very powerful if you now how to exploit this feature,but could you create a quad filter the same as these.I understand that in my 6/45 lotto there is around 125000 possible quads,but what you could create is a filter which creates these quads (on the fly)so to speak on a previously reduced package after filtering, so only the quads in the actual package will be shown,and this filter must have the same filtering capability as the pair and triplets filters. Can this be done?
supernova

Re: Quads

Postby stan » Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

well, there's 'consecutive quads' filter which accepts/removes tickets with quads like 1-2-3-4, or 23-24-25-26

i can add a 'generic quads' filter as well but you'd have to enter the quads you're interested manually using keyboard instead of selecting them from a list.
another option is to make a text file listing the quads and then use 'match numbers from file' filter.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby supernova » Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 am

Hello stan,
Thanks for your reply,if i am to understand correctly are you not a very experienced programmer who worked in a highly technicule field.I`m not having a go at you, i just presumed something like this would be a walk in the park with someone with your expierience,or am i missing something here,that it is not programmaticly possible?The reason is obvious when you sit down and think about it for a minute,we are trying to push the numbers to top occurrences,so why not push the triples and quads to top occurrences (i mean after targeted filtering -which can be done partially in your software but with others as well).Just think about was this means and you will see the potential power that can be unleashed here.So please can you give me a straight answer on this, other wise i`ll will have to find a programmer that is capable of such a feat if it is possible .
Cheers!!!!!
supernova

Postby stan » Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 am

the straight answer is i'm not going to implement quads filter
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Thu May 06, 2010 12:36 pm

btw, there are stats tables for triplets/quads/pentads. so you can calculate quad occurrences for package tickets and then filter the package directly from statistical table, which is probably what you want...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby supernova » Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Hello again Stan,
You say there are stats tables for triplets quads and pentads,in the the current version of E.L ?
If so could you please direct me to the area please!!
supernova

Postby stan » Thu May 06, 2010 1:22 pm

you need 'expert lotto pro' (the paid-for version) to get quads and pentads stats. in the free edition there are only pairs and triplets ('statistics' page, 'calculate stats' button then select 'quads' in 'show stats for' combo box)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby supernova » Thu May 06, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi Stan,
i have E.L pro ,i bought it around a month or 2 ago,are you saying that the quads and pentads filters should be right after the triplets ,if so thats not the case in my software ,right after triplets is the number matrix filter! Or maybe i`ve misunderstood you?
supernova

Postby Viking » Thu May 06, 2010 2:07 pm

supernova wrote:Hi Stan,
i have E.L pro ,i bought it around a month or 2 ago,are you saying that the quads and pentads filters should be right after the triplets ,if so thats not the case in my software ,right after triplets is the number matrix filter! Or maybe i`ve misunderstood you?

Hi Supernova

You must go to this link and download the plugin and install it http://www.expertlotto.com/en/download/beta.htm. It is also other filters there that you can try.
Viking

Postby stan » Thu May 06, 2010 2:19 pm

sorry, i forgot these stats are optional plugins. pls see viking's link above
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby supernova » Thu May 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks Stan and thanks Viking,
found the plugins installed them and working just fine,and yes it is exactly what i was after,and my apologies Stan if you might have taken offence to some of my past comments,i tend to jump the gun a bit,being new i guess it pays to do my research to discover what really happening on your site.
Thanks Again!!!!
supernova

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests