Ticket generator

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:22 am

What filters did you use?
PadawanLotto

Ticket generator

Postby RH » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:22 am

Hi

Used the WN History Sums filter, with +-10 from the sums.

Could not get less than 5200 tickets in the package.

Thanks for your help
Roy
RH

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 pm

Try shifting your mid point sum up or down a few numbers based on the the direction you feel that the sum value is going to move. You can still use the +/-10 margin of error and still bring down the amount of combinations that are produced.

I believe that the margin of error for the average sum value produced by the simulation is +/-10 by default, so if the sum avg is 650 you have a possible range of 640 - 660 to work with.

Say that you have a mid point sum value of 650 in one column, try changing that to 649 or 651 then run the filter and see what you get. You can do this for any of the sum differences but take it in small steps.

Look at the Summary Table for the most common movements for the column that you're working with. Try to get the mid point sum as close to what you think might result in the next drawing. Easier said than done, I know but, try it out and see if it helps.

You can also use some of the standard filters like sum, odd/even, and low/high to bring down the amount of combinations. Use the Statistics page and the back test to help you set these filters correctly, 70% to 80% is what to look for when back testing. If you use these filters first before you use the WN History filter you will have already lowered the amount of combinations that you are working with and this will make the WN History filter run faster.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:16 am

[quote=PadawanLotto:1145187153]
Try shifting your mid point sum up or down a few numbers based on the the direction you feel that the sum value is going to move. You can still use the +/-10 margin of error and still bring down the amount of combinations that are produced.

I believe that the margin of error for the average sum value produced by the simulation is +/-10 by default, so if the sum avg is 650 you have a possible range of 640 - 660 to work with.

Say that you have a mid point sum value of 650 in one column, try changing that to 649 or 651 then run the filter and see what you get. You can do this for any of the sum differences but take it in small steps.

Look at the Summary Table for the most common movements for the column that you're working with. Try to get the mid point sum as close to what you think might result in the next drawing. Easier said than done, I know but, try it out and see if it helps.

You can also use some of the standard filters like sum, odd/even, and low/high to bring down the amount of combinations. Use the Statistics page and the back test to help you set these filters correctly, 70% to 80% is what to look for when back testing. If you use these filters first before you use the WN History filter you will have already lowered the amount of combinations that you are working with and this will make the WN History filter run faster.
[/quote]

great post - i have nothing to add here, thanks :cool:
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Too many Tickets

Postby RH » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:05 pm

I rechecked the numbers and used sums which hit the following draw's winning number, then skipped it as in the expert lotto 6/49 example.
after using the Winning Numbers History Sums filter I ended up with 9337 tickets in the package. The jackpot number is there however.

I was under the impression that with a 6/42 lottery which has less combinations than a 6/49 (about 5.2 Million) I would end up with less than 196 tickets in the package after the Winning Numbers History Sums filter.

What am i doing wrong. I checked the winning numbers database as well and re imported everything from scratch.

Could it be that because our lottery skipped some days from its normal cycle (Monday and Thursday) and added a few other draws (which I removed from the database) the program is calculating the missing days???

I am quite new at this, I went through the ExpertLotto 6/49 example and the result is truly 196 tickets after just this filter. Where did I go wrong??

HELP! :-(
RH

Postby stan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:15 pm

[quote=RH]
I rechecked the numbers and used sums which hit the following draw's winning number, then skipped it as in the expert lotto 6/49 example.
after using the Winning Numbers History Sums filter I ended up with 9337 tickets in the package. The jackpot number is there however.

I was under the impression that with a 6/42 lottery which has less combinations than a 6/49 (about 5.2 Million) I would end up with less than 196 tickets in the package after the Winning Numbers History Sums filter.

What am i doing wrong. I checked the winning numbers database as well and re imported everything from scratch.

Could it be that because our lottery skipped some days from its normal cycle (Monday and Thursday) and added a few other draws (which I removed from the database) the program is calculating the missing days???

I am quite new at this, I went through the ExpertLotto 6/49 example and the result is truly 196 tickets after just this filter. Where did I go wrong??

HELP! :-(
[/quote]

i don't think you did anything wrong. if you did get the jackpot ticket after filtering then your filtering steps were correct.
the number of tickets left after filtering depends on the current state of winning numbers database. in some cases only a few tickets will fall into the jackpot category and in some cases the sum ranges are so relaxed that a lot of tickets will fit in.
i also think that you should be using narrower ranges, e.g. +7/-7 because you're working with only half of the tickets than the usual 6/49 lottery.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests