Why your EL System doesn't work any more???

Happy Birthday to you Stan!

Postby lottoboy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:14 am

Tomorrow is Stan's Birthday.

I would like to express thanks for his great work with Expert Lotto.

Happy Birthday to you Stan.

In addition, I'm so sorry for my misunderstanding to EL before.

Best Regards,
lottoboy
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:08 am

[quote=lottoboy]
Hi, Sysp34:

Before using your renaming idea from your link, I want to tell you the detail about my downloading of the lastest beta

version (Build 997):

1) Go to EL--Download--BETA Version;
2) Right-click the download link and choose Save As;
3) When file browsing window opens, type C:expertlotto.jar into file name field. Then choose Save or Ok.
4) When the download is finished open file manager and go to C: folder;
5) Copy the downloaded file into the lib folder in my Expert Lotto installation, e.g. C:Program FilesExpertLottolib;
6) Start Expert Lotto, choose menu Help - About and found that the build number still is old one;
7) I have to repeat above operations and retype C:expertlotto.rar instead C:expertlotto.jar. But it still not working for me.

Before I downloading the WinRAR into my PC in 04/07/08, I had successfully downloaded the Buid 986 in 03/31/08.
The current status about my EL package in C folder is as below:

In my EL Package the file of license.jar has been changed to WinRAR compressing file;
There are three WinRAR compressing files: help(3524 kb), jh(489kb) and expertlotto(3002kb) and another lib package In the lib package of my EL.

In addition, I can not find any useful information about my downloading from WinRAR Help.

Could you give me some advices based to my current status above? Thanks.

Best,
lottoboy
[/quote] All of the steps you listed are correct but, you need to uninstall EL and reinstall fresh and then follow the steps you listed. Be sure to save your license to a safe place.
PadawanLotto

What's the wrong in my operations?

Postby lottoboy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:01 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=lottoboy]
Hi, Sysp34:

Before using your renaming idea from your link, I want to tell you the detail about my downloading of the lastest beta

version (Build 997):

1) Go to EL--Download--BETA Version;
2) Right-click the download link and choose Save As;
3) When file browsing window opens, type C:expertlotto.jar into file name field. Then choose Save or Ok.
4) When the download is finished open file manager and go to C: folder;
5) Copy the downloaded file into the lib folder in my Expert Lotto installation, e.g. C:Program FilesExpertLottolib;
6) Start Expert Lotto, choose menu Help - About and found that the build number still is old one;
7) I have to repeat above operations and retype C:expertlotto.rar instead C:expertlotto.jar. But it still not working for me.

Before I downloading the WinRAR into my PC in 04/07/08, I had successfully downloaded the Buid 986 in 03/31/08.
The current status about my EL package in C folder is as below:

In my EL Package the file of license.jar has been changed to WinRAR compressing file;
There are three WinRAR compressing files: help(3524 kb), jh(489kb) and expertlotto(3002kb) and another lib package In the lib package of my EL.

In addition, I can not find any useful information about my downloading from WinRAR Help.

Could you give me some advices based to my current status above? Thanks.

Best,
lottoboy
[/quote] All of the steps you listed are correct but, you need to uninstall EL and reinstall fresh and then follow the steps you listed. Be sure to save your license to a safe place.
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

I did following your instructions but the free version just make flashing and can not be open. What's the wrong in my operations? Thanks.

Best,
lottoboy
lottoboy

Postby sysp34 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:47 am

lb

you should find different file size between Build 997 and Buid 986 for a beta it should be increasing files size until stan find agile method to compress or to shorted the code.

here is my step to update latest version

1. go to jackpot forum to download latest beta for Pro Edition
or go to EL Download BETA Version for Hobby Edition

2. you will ask to save the expert lotto.jar just save in e.g. c:download
(note: you will ask to overwrite the files if you have the same file name in c:download or if you downloaded using download manager, the new files will be store as expert lotto.jar(1) and so on (some download manager prevent overwritting files)

3. go to c:program filesexpert lottolib and rename expert lotto.jar into expert lotto1.jar or something just in case something goes wrong with new version

4. copy expert lotto.jar from c:download into c:program filesexpert lottolib

5. fire up EL and see the new version

reinstallation method will be my last option when i can't lauch EL

if you have to re-install you may clean your registry using freeware registry cleaner (cccleaner)

download latest plugins

good luck
sysp34

HELP!

Postby lottoboy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:38 pm

[quote=sysp34]
lb

you should find different file size between Build 997 and Buid 986 for a beta it should be increasing files size until stan find agile method to compress or to shorted the code.

here is my step to update latest version

1. go to jackpot forum to download latest beta for Pro Edition
or go to EL Download BETA Version for Hobby Edition

2. you will ask to save the expert lotto.jar just save in e.g. c:download
(note: you will ask to overwrite the files if you have the same file name in c:download or if you downloaded using download manager, the new files will be store as expert lotto.jar(1) and so on (some download manager prevent overwritting files)

3. go to c:program filesexpert lottolib and rename expert lotto.jar into expert lotto1.jar or something just in case something goes wrong with new version

4. copy expert lotto.jar from c:download into c:program filesexpert lottolib

5. fire up EL and see the new version

reinstallation method will be my last option when i can't lauch EL

if you have to re-install you may clean your registry using freeware registry cleaner (cccleaner)

download latest plugins

good luck
[/quote]

Hi, Sysp34:

Thanks for your sincere help!
My current trouble is re-installation. After un-installation for EL I downloaded the free edition but it can not be opened after winking by couple seconds. Today I downloaded the cccleaner
and made a cleaning for my PC and re-installed EL again but the free edition of EL still not working for me. Why? Please help me to resolve the trouble asap!!!! Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby sysp34 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:19 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
Hi, Sysp34:

Thanks for your sincere help!
My current trouble is re-installation. After un-installation for EL I downloaded the free edition but it can not be opened after winking by couple seconds. Today I downloaded the cccleaner
and made a cleaning for my PC and re-installed EL again but the free edition of EL still not working for me. Why? Please help me to resolve the trouble asap!!!! Thanks.

Best,
lb
[/quote]

well try download full package

MS Windows operating systems (98,Me,2000,NT,XP)

Linux, Mac OS, Unix and other

the free edition should be working.

then try register the pro edition. (see help how to register your copy)

download latest build

gl
sysp34

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Uninstall EL, delete all EL folders and shortcuts, run CCleaner, install EL.
PadawanLotto

Thanks!

Postby lottoboy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:18 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan and Sysp:

Finally, I have successfully finished the all downloading job after deleting
all EL folders and shortcuts from my C folder, then runing CCleaner. Now my build # is 997! Thank you, Padawan and Sysp!!!

However, I still have two problems as below:

1) If or not I must do those steps: Uninstall EL, delete all EL folders and shortcuts, run CCleaner, install EL when I want to download the lastest version of EL BETA in the future?

2) According to the instructions from "How to Install Plugins" in the Menu of Support:"Note: If you are running Expert Lotto Hobby or Pro Edition you can take advantage of the automatic plugin download and install feature. Select menu 'Lottery - Preferences - Plugins - Download More'. Please note that BETA version plugins must be downloaded and installed manually."
but I just took three plugins downloading automatically: Money, Plastic and
Winning Numbers Online Update instead all current plugins such as WinSum, Value Predictor, ...and Multiple WNH Segments Filter. Why?
How can I download
lottoboy

Sorry, I SENT AN INCOMPLETE POST JUST NOW.

Postby lottoboy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:29 am

Sorry, I SENT AN INCOMPLETE POST JUST NOW.
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan and Sysp:

Finally, I have successfully finished the all downloading job after deleting
all EL folders and shortcuts from my C folder, then runing CCleaner. Now my build # is 997! Thank you, Padawan and Sysp!!!

1) If or not I must do those steps: Uninstall EL, delete all EL folders and shortcuts, run CCleaner, install EL when I want to download the lastest version of EL BETA in the future?

2) According to the instructions from "How to Install Plugins" in the Menu of Support:"Note: If you are running Expert Lotto Hobby or Pro Edition you can take advantage of the automatic plugin download and install feature. Select menu 'Lottery - Preferences - Plugins - Download More'. Please note that BETA version plugins must be downloaded and installed manually."
Winning Numbers Online Update instead all current plugins such as WinSum, Value Predictor, ...and Multiple WNH Segments Filter. Why?
How can I do that if I have to download those plugins manually?

Is it corrsect such my operations as below?

Right-click the download link and choose Save as into C:Program FilesExpertLottoplugin.
Then, install those plugins by EL's instrucitions.

Thanks.

Best,
lb :vogel:
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:16 am

[quote=lottoboy]

[/quote] You do not have to uninstall to upgrade beta version of EL. The reason you had to uninstall this time was because you had incorroectly upgraded your last version.

Only offical version plugins can be downloaded with the automatic plugin download, beta plugins have to be downloaded manually and beta plugins are not all found in the EL main pages, some are found in the plugin development forum.
Right-click the download link and choose Save as into C:Program FilesExpertLottoplugin.
No, it would be best to download the plugins to a folder such as C:downloads and then move them from there to the plugin folder of EL. With EL beta builds download and save as .jar into the C:downloads folder, move the expertlotto.jar file to lib folder.
PadawanLotto

What will be happen?

Postby lottoboy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:22 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=lottoboy]

[/quote] You do not have to uninstall to upgrade beta version of EL. The reason you had to uninstall this time was because you had incorroectly upgraded your last version.

Only offical version plugins can be downloaded with the automatic plugin download, beta plugins have to be downloaded manually and beta plugins are not all found in the EL main pages, some are found in the plugin development forum.
No, it would be best to download the plugins to a folder such as C:downloads and then move them from there to the plugin folder of EL. With EL beta builds download and save as .jar into the C:downloads folder, move the expertlotto.jar file to lib folder.
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

Thanks for your sincere advices! I will download the all plugins by your and Sysp's instructions such into C:downloads first then move to my EL.

But I'm not sure what will be happen for my using EL in the future when I have directly downloded the Build 997 into C:Program FilesExpertLotto instead C:downloads folder first? Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:52 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
But I'm not sure what will be happen for my using EL in the future when I have directly downloded the Build 997 into C:Program FilesExpertLotto instead C:downloads folder first? Thanks.
[/quote] Do not download new beta builds of EL directly to C:Program FilesExpertLotto. Download new beta builds, save as .jar and save to C:downloads, then move to lib folder.
PadawanLotto

How can I do that next?

Postby lottoboy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:50 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=lottoboy]
[/quote] Do not download new beta builds of EL directly to C:Program FilesExpertLotto. Download new beta builds, save as .jar and save to C:downloads, then move to lib folder.
[/quote]
lottoboy

How can I do that next?

Postby lottoboy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:06 am

[quote=lottoboy]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=lottoboy]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

I have finished the downloading of Build 997 which went directly into C:Program FilesExpertLotto now. What will be the trouble for my playing
in the future? How can do that next? Cancel it then download it by correct way again? or others? Please let me know asap. Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

About the plugin development forum.

Postby lottoboy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:59 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]

[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

I have downloaded the all beta plugins manually by your advices. Thanks.

In addition, I visited the "Plugin Development Forum" just now. In deed, there are some plugins in the forum. Could you give me a list of the development plugins which should be useful to 5/39 based to your experiense?

Also, their file names such as TicktIndexSum. jar are different from the offical and beta plugins such as Segments filter-1.0.5. plugin

So how can I download and install those development plugins?
Is it same thing with beta plugins as you said? or others?
If I need to change their file names from .jar to .plugin after downloading into C:downloads? Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

PreviousNext

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests