Bonus numbers

Bonus numbers

Postby niceguy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:41 am

Hi Stan
Just wondering if it is or would be possible to make it so that when going into "statistics", you can have Expert Lotto always include the bonus numbers in the statistics results, without having to tick the "include bonus number" box each time? :-D Thanks
niceguy

Postby stan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:54 pm

well, it is possible. but unless you find at least 3 other expert lotto users with the same request i'll rather spend my free time on features that would be appreciated by more users:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Picsou » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:38 pm

Hello

I track only the 6 / 49 good numbers
I want to continue to choose if i want to include or not the bonus number.
so, please, bonus number must to be an option to select if you want

cdt
Picsou

Postby niceguy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:49 pm

Good as. It's just that I normally include bonus numbers in my calculations, & every now & then I realise have forgotten to click the "include bonus number" box. This can be quite annoying if this happens after you have for example just done a print out of all the statistics pages,( sometimes 50 to 60 pages) & have to start all over again because you have forgotten to include the bonus numbers. I seem to remember it mentioned once before? I just thought it might be a relatively easy task to put another box under the exsiting one called something like " always include bonus numbers" that we could leave permanently ticked to overcome this problem, & for those that don't need it just leave it "unticked". Be interested in others comments :-D
niceguy

Postby Jerzy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:27 am

niceguy,

Some people never use bonus numbers statistics in their calculation or estimations. I am one of them. There is no hard evidence that including bonus numbers data increases the chances of winning anything.

It changes the nature of game, eg. 6/45 lotto, after including bonuses, becomes 8/45 game. It only gives the player a false perception of what happens and can cause mistakes in estimations.

Having said that, I can also notice that changing the option "Include Bonus" to Always Include Bonus could be satisfactory to you without causing unnecessary inconvenience to other EL users.

Actually, "Include Bonus" can stay as it is, but the program should remember this setting (checkbox selected) and in this case bonus numbers should be included in calculations.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Falcon » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:06 am

I like the idea of these sorts of things stored in Preferences. For me including bonus numbers in one's calculations is a do it always or do it not at all type of thing.

r

falcon
Falcon

Postby Maryland » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:09 am

I like the way it is at present, optional.
Maryland

Postby stan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:09 pm

i can make expert lotto 'remember' your last choice for bonus numbers in stats. would that be enough for you?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby laurontario » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:47 pm

[quote=stan]
i can make expert lotto 'remember' your last choice for bonus numbers in stats. would that be enough for you?
[/quote]

That's exactly what I wanted to suggest you - I guess everybody would be happy.
I personally don't look at the bonus number...
laurontario

Postby niceguy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi Stan Yes, if you can make E/L remember what you last had the "include Bonus number" box marked as (i.e. ticked or unticked), that would be exactly what I want. This way it keeps everyone happy & gives us the option of whether you like the bonus number included or not. :-D
niceguy

Postby niceguy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:56 am

hi Stan
I have noticed now that E/L remembers to include the bonus number each time I go into statistics. I assume you have upgraded this?? :-D Many thanks for that Stan.
niceguy

Postby Howard » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:11 pm

I am trying to generate a package that does not include the bonus number and/or thereafter take a look at the package in statistcs in such a way that the bonus number is ignored. I gather from what I read here that there is an include bonus number tick box already in either or both of these areas. I have searched for that box but cannot seem to locate it. Can one of you shoot me a quick note advising where that box is? Would be most appreciated.
Howard

Postby Jerzy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Howard,

Include bonus check box is located in the left upper corner of the Statistics page under "Calculate stats for". This checkbox becomes available when you unselect Tickets in the Package checkbox.

Include bonus option can apply only to Winning Numbers (the passed drawings). It would be impossible to apply Include bonus to the package because the package is actually generated for the next drawing and we do not know its result.

So the package is always without bonuses, because there can't be any.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Include Bonus # tick box prob

Postby Howard » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:18 pm

Thank you for your reply. What seems to be happening in my case is that the Mega Millions charge that I am looking at has a "Tickets in the Package" lettering and box that is completely greyed out. The next line has an operating "Winning Numbers" and box. There is no third line containing the "Include Bonus" number box or option listed in this particular chart although when I look at the the same chart in the "Expert Lotto 6/49" database all of the options appear. I guess that the way I'm trying to use that particular database is wrong or possibly some other error. Please advise.

Next, I generated the last post concerning the inability to find the bonus number because I was using the package generator to try and generate the maximum possible number of tickets that could be created from the 5 x 56 database without including the bonus number. Is there a way of generating such a list without including a bonus number. Again, please advise. Thank you.

HHS
Howard

Postby Jerzy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:25 am

Howard,

What I wrote regarding the "Include bonus" option was relevant only to a typical lotto game where bonus numbers are drawn from the same set of numbers as the main numbers. I didn't know you play the Mega Millions which is a powerball game where bonus number is drawn from a separate set of numbers.

In powerball games the option "Include bonus" doesn't exist on the Statistics page and on the package page the bonus numbers are included in the combinations, because a powerball is a part of a combination.

I loaded Mega Millions NY into EL and generated a full package of 175,711,536 combination, but I could not see any combination in the Package page. I suppose there were too many combinations to show. However, it is possible to see the full package of the Australian 5/45 Powerball which has much less combinations (approximately 55 million).

Jerzy
Jerzy

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests