Segments and Number Reduction

Postby Maryland » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:31 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
With the wildcard feature it seems that you can not place a number value in the first segment place as it turns into a wildcard durring processing and leaves all combinations. If I set a segment to 2-?-? and have Multiple Segments filter process it the return is ?-?-? leaving all combinations. I can setup wild card like this ?-1-? and the filter will process the segment correctly. I still see no need in having wildcards in the segments as if you want all segments in column 0 to start with 2 then choose all segments in column 0 that start with 2. There is no sense in choosing two numbers and one wildcard in segments as there will be only one number possible to fill the wildcard space. If you are playing a pick 6 and choose 2-1-?, there is only one possible number that will fit in the wildcard position, 3.
[/quote]

Glad I saved my old version :-D. Maybe we're missing something here Padawan but I sure don't see any progress with this new version. It's kind of confusing. Now when I filter the file with excel, copy and paste I have to change all the ? to numbers. Before I could filter out all the segments with 3,4,5 in first position, now I have question marks and have to look at each one to see if there was a 3,4,5 in the first position. :wand:
Maryland

Postby stan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:22 am

[quote=Maryland]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
With the wildcard feature it seems that you can not place a number value in the first segment place as it turns into a wildcard durring processing and leaves all combinations. If I set a segment to 2-?-? and have Multiple Segments filter process it the return is ?-?-? leaving all combinations. I can setup wild card like this ?-1-? and the filter will process the segment correctly. I still see no need in having wildcards in the segments as if you want all segments in column 0 to start with 2 then choose all segments in column 0 that start with 2. There is no sense in choosing two numbers and one wildcard in segments as there will be only one number possible to fill the wildcard space. If you are playing a pick 6 and choose 2-1-?, there is only one possible number that will fit in the wildcard position, 3.
[/quote]

Glad I saved my old version :-D. Maybe we're missing something here Padawan but I sure don't see any progress with this new version. It's kind of confusing. Now when I filter the file with excel, copy and paste I have to change all the ? to numbers. Before I could filter out all the segments with 3,4,5 in first position, now I have question marks and have to look at each one to see if there was a 3,4,5 in the first position. :wand:
[/quote]

looks like a bug, i'll fix it
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:26 am

[quote=stan]
[quote=Maryland]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

[/quote]

looks like a bug, i'll fix it
[/quote]

Thanks Stan, Looks like installing the old version I still get ? marks
Maryland

Postby Toonio » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:23 pm

As I understand, then you can use wildcards on the second and third position of the segment combination. Then you can use 4-?-? instead of 4-0-2, 4-1-1, 4-2-0 for example. But when you use only the first positions of the segment combination, then you got your JP ticket after column -9. I play 6/48 game and this is what my practice shows me... :rolleyes:
Toonio

Postby stan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:31 pm

the bug with wildcards should be fixed in version 1.0.4:

http://www.expertlotto.com/files/previe ... 0.4.plugin

'counting of passing tickets' is multithreaded in the new version.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CARBOB » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 pm

[quote=stan]

'counting of passing tickets' is multithreaded in the new version.
[/quote]

"counting of passing tickets' is multithreaded in the new version"
Thank you Stan!!
CARBOB

Postby CSenior » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:06 pm

Thanks Stan! I can't wait to get home to test!
CSenior

Postby Falcon » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Stan,

I get this loading as Ver 1.0.3

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:48 pm

[quote=Falcon]

Stan,

falcon
[/quote]

oops, wrong packaging. i removed the file from the server and will fix it tonight (in about 4 hours)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:46 pm

[quote=Falcon]

Stan,

falcon
[/quote]Did you load the correct one as the one I downloaded and installed says segmentfilter - 1.0.4 - zip and inside the zip was JavaProject2.jar and segmentfilter.jar. I installed both and went to Preferences and in Plugins WHN Segments Filter the description it says Version 1.0.4. I tested it placing one number in the first segment position and widcards in the next 2 positions and ran a count and it all works like it is suppose to.
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:18 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=Falcon]

Stan,

falcon
[/quote]Did you load the correct one as the one I downloaded and installed says segmentfilter - 1.0.4 - zip and inside the zip was JavaProject2.jar and segmentfilter.jar. I installed both and went to Preferences and in Plugins WHN Segments Filter the description it says Version 1.0.4. I tested it placing one number in the first segment position and widcards in the next 2 positions and ran a count and it all works like it is suppose to.
[/quote]

I downloaded it as a *.Jar file and overwrote, not as a zip file. What is JavaProject.Jar?
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:03 pm

For plugins I download as a zip and then unzip, inside you will find the jar file pluins that I drag/drop into the plugins folder. As far as JavaProject I am totally clueless but I thought I should move it to the plugin folder, if there was any porblems I still can remove it.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:46 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
For plugins I download as a zip and then unzip, inside you will find the jar file pluins that I drag/drop into the plugins folder. As far as JavaProject I am totally clueless but I thought I should move it to the plugin folder, if there was any porblems I still can remove it.
[/quote]

please remove that file and download plugin version 1.0.5 instead.

btw, you don't have to unpack downloaded plugins. as long as the downloaded file has .plugin extension you can just copy/move it to plugin subfolder and expert lotto will unpack it itself at startup time.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests