Segments and Number Reduction

Postby stan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:34 am

[quote=CSenior]
[quote=stan]
[quote=CSenior]
Stan~ On the Multiple WNH Segment filter can you add the ability to also load a package directly into the filter? Just like when you load a package into the Simulation tab within WN History. Thanks.
[/quote]

sorry, what do you mean here??
[/quote]

Currently for using the Multiple WNH Segment filter you have to export segments, clean them up in excel (ie: delete dates, drawings, and other info) leaving only segments, then re-introduce them via a text file into the filter. What I am asking is instead of doing all the steps above why not add the ability for introducing the package directly into the filter just like you would from the Simulation tab. I hope I explained it well. If not, I will put together pictures later to show you exactly what I mean. Thanks.
[/quote]

ok, but what would be the source of those segments? package stats page? wn history page?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:35 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
Problems that I have found are moving segments from Excel to a text file. Even if you setup the import to include the commas, when moving the data to a text file it leaves spaces that have to be cleaned up. Of course you are not going to be able to import all of the possible segment patterns into Excel due to column limits. I also found that you have to be careful when editing the text file when removing segment patterns that you don't want. If you leave spaces the filter will read those spaces as all 0's and leave all combinations in the package, not filtering anything out.I haven't one a whole lot with this filter yet as the movement of data is difficult due to formating and editing problems.
[/quote]

i'll revisit the input file parser and try improving it a bit then
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:05 am

[quote=stan]
[quote=CSenior]
[quote=stan]
[quote=CSenior]
Stan~ On the Multiple WNH Segment filter can you add the ability to also load a package directly into the filter? Just like when you load a package into the Simulation tab within WN History. Thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Currently for using the Multiple WNH Segment filter you have to export segments, clean them up in excel (ie: delete dates, drawings, and other info) leaving only segments, then re-introduce them via a text file into the filter. What I am asking is instead of doing all the steps above why not add the ability for introducing the package directly into the filter just like you would from the Simulation tab. I hope I explained it well. If not, I will put together pictures later to show you exactly what I mean. Thanks.
[/quote]

ok, but what would be the source of those segments? package stats page? wn history page?
[/quote]

Package stats.
PadawanLotto

Postby CSenior » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:02 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=stan]
[quote=CSenior]
[quote=stan]
[quote=CSenior]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Package stats.
[/quote]

Agreed. Thanks Padawan & Stan.
CSenior

Postby stan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:54 am

well, i can do that. but wouldn't the filter be too restrictive then? if you paste segment combinations for all history columns then there'll be only one matching ticket...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:05 am

[quote=stan]
well, i can do that. but wouldn't the filter be too restrictive then? if you paste segment combinations for all history columns then there'll be only one matching ticket...
[/quote]
Package Statistics is where I get the segment patterns for processing. You would have to do some pre-filtering and choose one segment at a time from column 0 then, run Count passing tickets, move data to Excel for more filtering and then back to Multiple WNH Segments Filter. From there you would have to save the results and move to the next segment in column 0 that you want to use.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:59 pm

correct if i wrong, but i have made a full wheel of 33 segments over 7 columns , not package stat segments, although they should be covered.

i have 70,000 segment combinations ( which i have split into 3 parts) to enter into multiple segment filter to filter package of 1.5 million tx.

bit time consuming , but is this the right process ?
alland

Postby Jerzy » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:55 pm

If I skip the last draw from the data base, enter the last draw segment paterns line into the Multiple Segments filter and select Leave, the filter will remove from the package all tickets with exception of the jackpot ticket. It tells me that this filter works correctly.

When I test randomly created segment lines, usually no ticket is left in the package. And using past draw segment lines for the next draw removes all tickets from the package. Past segment lines were correct for specific past draws, but for the next draw seem to be irrelevant.

Each possible number combination in the package has its own specific segment patterns line (one only) which is valid only for one draw. It changes after each draw.

There are much more possible segment lines than tickets in the package because the segment patterns in the line are not arranged in ascending (or desceding) order and they repeat. I do not know the formula to calculate the number of possible segment lines.

Alland, if there is a correct segment line for the next draw among 70,000 segment combinations you plan to use, you will win the jackpot. It's simple.

There is a possibility that among these 70,000 segment lines many of them will be ineffective for the next draw, and the resulting package reduction will be small. Unfortunately, 70,000 is only a small part of all possible segment line pool.

I am not sure how to use this filter. I plan to wheel the top 21 segments , 6 segments in a line, 80 lines in the wheel, and use in the multiple segment filter just to see how it works. I expect that 80 segment lines can remove several tickets.
Jerzy

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Limit your segment patterns to just the ones that apply for the next drawing.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:31 am

[quote=alland]
correct if i wrong, but i have made a full wheel of 33 segments over 7 columns , not package stat segments, although they should be covered.

i have 70,000 segment combinations ( which i have split into 3 parts) to enter into multiple segment filter to filter package of 1.5 million tx.

bit time consuming , but is this the right process ?
[/quote]

i am running out of time , part 1 of 3 has taken 22hrs with dual core.

have to work out a way to filter segment combinations from the wheel i created before filtering, like being able to introduce to el just segment combinations and then using existing compound filters to reduce combinations then run thru mutiple segment filter.

also is there a way of increasing cpu usage , at the moment with this filter running only uses 50%-60% , when i run two expert lotto's uses 100%.

would like to increase cpu to around 75%.anyone have some input into overclocking with asrock dual series.

cheers

allan
alland

Postby Jerzy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:22 am

allan,

If your EL uses only 50% of dual core processor, probably your EL is not configured for multithreading (not enabled to use 2 cores of the CPU). But I might be wrong.
Jerzy

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:23 am

Update the last drawing, load full package, calculate stats for ticket numbers not winning numbers, filter with your best, calculate stats for segments, choose the top occurring segments from column 0 one at a time and filter using leave for the first segment, move to Excel for cleanup and back to Multiple Segments filter to get the count, move back to Excel to filter out unwanted segment combinations, move back to Multiple Segments filter and click leave, ok.

There is no need to wheel any of the segments they are already wheeled for you when you enter your last drawing and load a full package and calculated the stats for tickets. The Multiple Segments filter runs slower the more combinations that you filter that is why it is best to prefilter and then choose one segment at a time from column 0 to filter. Although, even if you lower the amount of combinations with prefiltering and filter the combinations for the ones where the count is 1 in columns -5, -6, and -7 there will still be more combinations than is affordable to play.

Last nights Ohio 5/39 I started with 575,757 combinations prefiltered down to 116,700 before choosing the top 6 segments from column 0. After filtering using Multiple Segments filter with a count of 1 in columns -5, -6, and -7 I ended up with 67,970 combinations and no more safe filters left to use. At this point I was back to making guesses to reduce the combinations down farther, this is where the mistakes are made. The 67,970 did have the winning jackpot combination but, my guestimates lost the jackpot combination.
PadawanLotto

Postby Toonio » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:41 am

Hi

is there possible to use only the first numbers of segments? Then you have 7[sup]11[/sup] combinations to use. Then filter conditions must be at least 10 from 11 must pass. What do you think about this? I tried to use these first digits but filter doesn't work now such way...
Toonio

Postby Red Devil » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:20 pm

Stan,

I would like to see this implemented as well is it possible to have a wildcard like? to miss digits out.

eg.

3-0-3,4-1-1,2-?-?,3-?-?,?-?-3, etc

I use mainly the 1st digit of the segment as I posted last year, sometimes the 2nd or 3rd but only 1 digit, you can still get good results, I posted the stats previously.

What do you think?

Red Devil
Red Devil

Postby Picsou » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:45 pm

Hello to all

You work on segments and search the best 0 -6 segment
Imagine that:

on your excel file you convert the "name" of segment in numeric.
ex: Segment 6-0-0 =1, 5-1-0=2,... 0-0-6 =28 (for a 6/49 loto game)
After you add date and all information to convert it on a import loto game.
you have created a result file for a loto 7/28 game.
if you want you can make other file 3/28, 4/28... or divide your segments 0 -7 on two file 4/28.

you import after this in expert loto like a new game.
After like a classic loto game you can have statistics on it, best triplets, quads, pendads, etc....

i have not tested, only an idea (??)

cdt
Picsou

PreviousNext

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests