Statistics Expansion Request and New (?) Filtering idea.

Statistics Expansion Request and New (?) Filtering idea.

Postby Howard » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:43 pm

Looking at your "Statistics Tab" in the "Show Stats for" there is a "pairs" and "triplets" category. In another program that I used to use a long time ago, it was possible to run occurrence charts for "quads and "quints" that resulted in a surprisingly high number of occurrences in a large databases such as, for example, the New Jersey Pick 6 or Cash 5. Would like to know if you guys would consider adding occurrence charts filters for "quads" and "quints".

Now for the idea that I'm not sure is a new idea or one that cannot already be implemented through the program. At the outset I'm assuming that once I learn better how to use the program I will be using the Winning Numbers History or Wheeling capabilities of the program to generate packages containing a large number of potential bets. Using as a starting point your current statistics charts and the design of your occurrences charts already being employed by the triplets occurrences chart, would it be possible to design a filter that allows the user to place a check-off box next to any given row or "X" number of rows of an occurrence run and thereafter run the checked off rows against the potential bets for purposes of eliminating or tagging those tickets within the potential that pool.

For example, in the "Expert Lotto 6/49" a run of the triplets filter produces two sets of triplets that have hit nine times. They are 14-32-36 and 17-35-46. Supposing that I regarded these sets of numbers to be unlikely to hit in the next draw and therefore wanted to eliminate them from my package of 2500 potential bets. If the filtering process set forth above were available then one could take the check off box to the right of the two rows, run it against the 2500 potential bets and eliminate or tag all those bets in which above combination of numbers appears. If I wanted to the reduce even more of the numbers I can then check off all the triplets that hit on eight occasions (of which there are eight) and eliminate an even greater number of bets.

I am thinking that would be pretty good filter. What do you think?

HHS
Howard

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:21 pm

I think that this would all depend on the amount of past drawing you are dealing with, in the lotto that you are playing. In the Ohio rolling Cash 5 I filter out all past 4 and 5 matches and still have 5 matching numbers, of course within a large amount of combinations. There are only 1,054 total drawings in the Ohio rolling Cash 5/39.
PadawanLotto

Postby Howard » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:23 pm

Padawan with regard to your reply:

"...I filter out all past 4 and 5 matches and still have 5 matching numbers..."

I don't understand so I quess my suggestion wasn't clear enough. Permit me to amplify.

As a for instance, the NJ Cash5 has one set of paired numbers hitting as high as 75 times with other pairs hitting less on a descending basis. In terms of methodology suppose I wanted to eliminate all of those pairs that appeared as a pair in any of the 3500 or so prior numbers is it possible to devise a filter that would show me how frequently the "occurrence" occurred as does the current program--but also would allow me via check-off box to choose the occurence lines that I would like to eliminate. It seems to me that in this for instance the occurrence of pairs in past games happens too frequently to eliminate from a group of prospective bet slips numbers all the slips numbers in which numbers have paired before. The idea would be to whittle the group down and a line selectable filter would allow this.

The need for quads and quints also illustrates the point. The current history for that same NJ game demonstrates that 92 sets of quads have hit on three different occassions while only 5 sets have hit on four occassions. Figuring that the odds of that the odds of any given set of quads going on to hit a fourth time or that a set of quads will go on to hit a fifth time I might want to eliminate some or all of those quads while leaving others in because, for example, the numbers still look like strong players. Yet at the outset of bet slip selection, (and again I am no mathematician) I would guess that one could substantially reduce a bet slip pool of 10000 numbers if the quads (or quints) could be selected out in the beginning.

Whether dealing with pairs or trips (or the quads or quints that I would request be added to the program) user selectability (e.g. a check-off box or some other feature) is a key since the selection of all pairs, trips, quads and to a lesser extent quints nets an elimination of far too many numbers.

One other thought I have been assuming that a filter of this sort should be put to work on reducing a large group of numbers to a smaller group of numbers. Another very useful filter scenario would be to approach it from the end of the bet slip selection process. If for example you are down to say 10, 20, or 100 potential bets a filter that would allow the bet slips to be run against the number history and then display a list of the sets that have paried, tripped, or quaded listed by frequency would be a useful tool.
Howard

Postby Howard » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:34 pm

CORRECTION

"...suppose I wanted to eliminate all of those pairs that appeared as a pair in any of the 3500 or so prior numbers..."

SHOULD READ:

suppose I wanted to eliminate all of those pairs that appeared as a pair more then forty times in any of the 3500 or so prior numbers
Howard

Postby stan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:33 pm

it's possible to invoke filter window based on rows selected in statistics tables, isn't it what you're looking for?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Howard » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:05 am

It sounds like what I am looking for but just to be clear let me try a for instance using The Expert Lotto 6/49 database. Using you statistics package, there are approximately 60 or so partnered pairs that have hit 10 times in the database. Suppose I had a package of potential bets and wanted to eliminate all of those pairs that had previously hit 10 times. Can I select those rows (or for that matter other non contiguous rows run them against the bet package with a filter that says each one of you bet slips anywhere in your bet line are out of here?

Lets say for example 3,6,9,12,15,18 is in the potential bet slip package and I have selected a pair line (could be multiple lines though) in which the pair 9 & 18 appear. Can I run the the pair (or pairs) line (or lines)against the package and have it filter all bets where the 9 & 18 occur ANYWHERE in the bet line.

If so GREAT. Please send the filtering steps. Then my only remaining request is Quads & Quints please. Thanks.
Howard

Postby stan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:54 pm

[quote=Howard:1205280306]
It sounds like what I am looking for but just to be clear let me try a for instance using The Expert Lotto 6/49 database. Using you statistics package, there are approximately 60 or so partnered pairs that have hit 10 times in the database. Suppose I had a package of potential bets and wanted to eliminate all of those pairs that had previously hit 10 times. Can I select those rows (or for that matter other non contiguous rows run them against the bet package with a filter that says each one of you bet slips anywhere in your bet line are out of here?
[/quote]
yes

Lets say for example 3,6,9,12,15,18 is in the potential bet slip package and I have selected a pair line (could be multiple lines though) in which the pair 9 & 18 appear. Can I run the the pair (or pairs) line (or lines)against the package and have it filter all bets where the 9 & 18 occur ANYWHERE in the bet line.

calculate the stats, show 'pair' stats table, (sort the table by any column), select the pair(s) you wish to get rid of, click 'filter' button at lower left corner

If so GREAT. Please send the filtering steps. Then my only remaining request is Quads & Quints please. Thanks.

there already is quads and quints plugin which allows the same filtering, see the beta downloads page
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Howard » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:05 am

Stan:

Have't had time to try any of this yet but it (the filters, quads & quints) certainly sound like what I was looking for so thanks for your prompt reply. Will give them a try and let you know.
Howard

Postby Howard » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:29 pm

Stan:

I went on over to the Beta section and grabbed the statsquads.jar and the statspentabs.jar. The files download as "jar" files however and install manually doexn't see them. I have tried different things to try to install like renaming the extension, double clicking the "jar" extracting files from the jar all to no avail. Please advise as to how to install.
Howard

Postby Sledge » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:42 pm

Howard,

Try moving the files to C:Program FilesExpertLottoplugins (or what ever directory you have EL installed at)

Once you start the program it should recognize the new plugins.

Ted
Sledge

Postby stan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:04 pm

[quote=Howard:1206106175]
Stan:

I went on over to the Beta section and grabbed the statsquads.jar and the statspentabs.jar. The files download as "jar" files however and install manually doexn't see them. I have tried different things to try to install like renaming the extension, double clicking the "jar" extracting files from the jar all to no avail. Please advise as to how to install.
[/quote]

use these links:
http://expertlotto.com/files/preview/st ... 0.4.plugin
http://expertlotto.com/files/preview/st ... 0.4.plugin

and copy the downloaded files to 'plugins' sub-folder in your expert lotto installation, no expanding, no doubleclicking
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Filtering add-on setup problem

Postby Howard » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi Stan:

I've been off-line for a while because I had to redo my computer and while I was at it decided to upgrade. $$ unfortunately. Anyway I'm back, I have downloaded the files, and have again attempted to install them without success. I tried this two different ways in an effort to follow your directions to the "T". First, the files download as "statspentads-1.0.4.zip" and "statsquads-1.0.4 .zip". I have downloaded these files as "zip" files into the "plug-ins" directory under C:program filesexpertlotto hoping that when I started the program it would do what ever it had to do to the "zip" to make it work as a plug-in.

That didn't work so what I did next was to extract the "jar" files from the "zip" files. These files extract as "statsquads.jar" and "statspentabs.jar". When I place these files into the plug-ins subfile and to thereafter start the program, I get a series of flash screens which make it appear as though the program is starting but after the flesh screen sequence has ended, the program doesn't load and all that I have is my regular desktop. In order to get the program to perform normally, of course, I must remove the "jar" files just installed as per the above procedure. This is essentially the same problem that I had before redoing my system so I don't believe it is system related. In addition, when I boot under the XP side of my dual-boot system I get the same result.

Please advise as to what I need what I need to do to get these add-ons working. Thank you.
Howard

Postby stan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:20 pm

i'll try to record a video demonstrating how to download and install beta versions and new plugins. hopefully tomorrow or on friday
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Quads and Pentads work in 4.5.0

Postby Howard » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:49 pm

Stan loaded up 4.5.0 and tried one of quad/pentad install scenarios I had previously tried and, voila, so far seems to work just fine. Specificallly what I did was extracted the ".jar" file and dropped it into the "plugins" subfolder and it worked. As you will note from the entry dated 4/16/08 above I had tried this scenario previously in 4.2.1 and it did'nt work. So now I guess if you have any existing write-ups or suggestions of how I can use the filter indiividually or with other componants or filters please point me to them. Thanks.

HHS
Howard

Postby stan » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:51 pm

Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests