package stats

package stats

Postby alland » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:43 pm

why is it that the package stats segment info per column does not actually match what the segment is, though the segment calculator shows what is correct.

ie 2,3 ,5 ,16, 20, 37 column 0 shows 5-0-1 when actually should be 2-0-4.

i am using 7/7 segment split

thanks

allan
alland

Postby stan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:04 pm

the most likely reason is that package tickets are different from winning numbers tickets, even though they have the same numbers...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:10 am

[quote=stan]
the most likely reason is that package tickets are different from winning numbers tickets, even though they have the same numbers...
[/quote]

sorry , i dont understand , what is the point if they do not show the correct values we are looking for??

so what do they represent?
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:17 am

[quote=alland]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

sorry , i dont understand , what is the point if they do not show the correct values we are looking for??

[/quote]
Evey time that you update the winning numbers history the segment possibilities change and will not reflect past drawing segments. The segment calculator is going to highlight the segments for the last drawing, if you have updated the winning numbers history the segments will not be correct.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:09 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=alland]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Evey time that you update the winning numbers history the segment possibilities change and will not reflect past drawing segments. The segment calculator is going to highlight the segments for the last drawing, if you have updated the winning numbers history the segments will not be correct.
[/quote]

thanks , but i still do not understand what the segments in the package stats represent.

whats the difference between me and my computer?

you only have to punch the information in once to my computer. lol
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:38 am

[quote=alland]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=alland]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

thanks , but i still do not understand what the segments in the package stats represent.

[/quote]
The segments in the package stats represent the possible segments for the WN history. If the WN History is up to date and no drawings are skipped then the segments are the the possible segments for the next drawing. If you skipped the last drawing the segments are the possibles for the drawing that was skipped. Every time you update the WN history the segment possibilities change. The highlighted segments in the segments calculator are the segments drawn in the last drawing.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:54 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=alland]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=alland]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
The segments in the package stats represent the possible segments for the WN history. If the WN History is up to date and no drawings are skipped then the segments are the the possible segments for the next drawing. If you skipped the last drawing the segments are the possibles for the drawing that was skipped. Every time you update the WN history the segment possibilities change. The highlighted segments in the segments calculator are the segments drawn in the last drawing.
[/quote]

that is what i having trouble with , no drawings are skipped,but i check say the first seg in column 0 then goto wnh number history the segments from package stats do not reflect

2 , 3 ,6 ,11 ,26 ,39 wnh segments [0] 4-0-2 package stats

number 2 not drawn 15 weeks
number 3 not drawn 1 weeks
number 6 not drawn 4 weeks
number 11 not drawn 5 weeks
number 26 not drawn 1 weeks
number 39 not drawn 4 weeks

should be 5-0-1

i am using 7/7 segment split but have noticed same thing with other settings.i just ignored before ,but now i am really trying to understand why this is
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:56 am

I got to looking at the package stats and the segments calculaoter and I placed the past winning numbers history into the package and none of the segment patterns are right.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:00 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I got to looking at the package stats and the segments calculaoter and I placed the past winning numbers history into the package and none of the segment patterns are right.
[/quote]

i have noticed this for some time , but thought there was something i did not understand.

cheers for your pdf, helped me alot , cause also i do not have excel , i have open office.with your help learnt a fair bit today waiting for numbers to crunch.
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:02 am

[quote=alland]
that is what i having trouble with , no drawings are skipped,but i check say the first seg in column 0 then goto wnh number history the segments from package stats do not reflect

2 , 3 ,6 ,11 ,26 ,39 wnh segments [0] 4-0-2 package stats

number 2 not drawn 15 weeks
number 3 not drawn 1 weeks
number 6 not drawn 4 weeks
number 11 not drawn 5 weeks
number 26 not drawn 1 weeks
number 39 not drawn 4 weeks

should be 5-0-1

i am using 7/7 segment split but have noticed same thing with other settings.i just ignored before ,but now i am really trying to understand why this is
[/quote] could there be a drawing missing or a drawing with the wrong drawn numbers? Say when entering numbers insteatd of a 27 a 26 was typed in by mistake. This will cause problems in your segments being correct.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:05 am

i will reload database and check
alland

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:07 am

[quote=alland]
i will reload database and check
[/quote]

though should it matter? the database is the source of all the info
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:24 am

Ok, I did a test and I reproduced the same results as you are getting. I skipped the last drawing in which the numbers drawn were 1, 2, 3, 9, 36. I loaded a full package and calculated stats for tickets. I chose the winning numbers 1, 2, 3, 9, 36 and filtered Leave 5 to 5 and calculated stats. The statistics page WNH Segments show the correct segments. The segments calculator segments were correct but, the package stats segments were wrong. Now this was after I had already been doing some other filtering and calculations. So I shut down EL and started fresh and went straight to filtering for 1, 2, 3, 9, 36 and then checked package stats and they were correct.

Now I have notice since I started working with the Multiple Segments Filter that sometimes when I filter for one single segment from column 0 that when I go to the package stats column 0 segments contain more than that one segment. Say I filtered for 2-2-1, column 0 in package stats should have only 2-2-1 in every combination but, it isn't always like that. I then shut down EL, open it backup and start again and everything seems alright.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:44 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
Ok, I did a test and I reproduced the same results as you are getting. I skipped the last drawing in which the numbers drawn were 1, 2, 3, 9, 36. I loaded a full package and calculated stats for tickets. I chose the winning numbers 1, 2, 3, 9, 36 and filtered Leave 5 to 5 and calculated stats. The statistics page WNH Segments show the correct segments. The segments calculator segments were correct but, the package stats segments were wrong. Now this was after I had already been doing some other filtering and calculations. So I shut down EL and started fresh and went straight to filtering for 1, 2, 3, 9, 36 and then checked package stats and they were correct.

Now I have notice since I started working with the Multiple Segments Filter that sometimes when I filter for one single segment from column 0 that when I go to the package stats column 0 segments contain more than that one segment. Say I filtered for 2-2-1, column 0 in package stats should have only 2-2-1 in every combination but, it isn't always like that. I then shut down EL, open it backup and start again and everything seems alright.
[/quote]

i have found the same that is why i have been checking calculator and not package stats, and wanted to find out what package stat segments relate to
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:55 am

It is most likely a problem with the program some where like memory overload. I use to work with graphic programs and some years ago I had one program that after you had so much data infomation built up it had problems clearing the memory cache and I would have to save everything and restart the program to clear the memory.

The segment calculator won't show you the segment patterns for the number combinations individually unless you only plugin one number combination at a time.
PadawanLotto

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests