Segment Wildcards

Segment Wildcards

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:15 pm

Can someone explain how to use segment wildcards and what advantages are possible?

Thanks
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:35 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
Can someone explain how to use segment wildcards and what advantages are possible?

Thanks
[/quote]

Padawan, I think Red Devil requested that feature because he uses 1 digit for segment 1, ex: for 2-0-3, he will use only the 2-?-?, the other segments can be anything. He can explain it better, look for a post by him or maybe he will see this thread.
CARBOB

What is the Segment Wildcards?

Postby lottoboy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:43 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

What's the Segment Wildcards and where I can find it? :vogel:
Thanks.

Best,
lottoboy
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:32 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]

Thanks
[/quote]

version 1.0.3 has a bug that treats all first numbers in segment combinations as a wildcard. it should be fixed in version 1.0.4:

http://www.expertlotto.com/files/previe ... 0.4.plugin
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Red Devil » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:53 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=PadawanLotto]

Thanks
[/quote]

Padawan, I think Red Devil requested that feature because he uses 1 digit for segment 1, ex: for 2-0-3, he will use only the 2-?-?, the other segments can be anything. He can explain it better, look for a post by him or maybe he will see this thread.
[/quote]

Carbob,Padawan

That's exactly right, I only use 1 digit normally the 1st of the segment which is why I requested this feature. It has to be easier to predict just 1 digit than all 3, if you read my earlier posts on this and look at the stats I provided, you will see that not many tickets are left after filtering c-9, c-10 or c-11 using just the 1st digit.

I'm afraid I am not participating in the forum much at present as I have moved house, I have been gazumped on 3 purchases and am currently living in rented accommodation until we can hopefully move into our 4th attempted purchase, then I can set up another intermnet account. Until then I am using my work's account which is limited. I do check in once a day if possible.
Red Devil

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:13 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
Carbob,Padawan

That's exactly right, I only use 1 digit normally the 1st of the segment which is why I requested this feature. It has to be easier to predict just 1 digit than all 3, if you read my earlier posts on this and look at the stats I provided, you will see that not many tickets are left after filtering c-9, c-10 or c-11 using just the 1st digit.
[/quote]
I coundn't find any posts where you talked about using wildcards with segments othe than the one where you requested this feature and I saw no results stats either.
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:37 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=Red Devil]
Carbob,Padawan

[/quote]
I coundn't find any posts where you talked about using wildcards with segments othe than the one where you requested this feature and I saw no results stats either.
[/quote]
Never mind I found it I was looking for wildcards in the text and/or subject.
PadawanLotto

Postby Red Devil » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Padawan,

It was some time ago and your correct wildcard wasn't mentioned. The only reason I used the name wildcard in my latest post is because of standard terminology when using searches. The only thing I regret is that I suggested the ? I should have asked for # and then I wouldn't have to use the shift key when entering segments in the text editor. :red:

I know at the time a few people were interested in the post.

Red Devil
Red Devil

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:01 am

I may have been on lotto sabatical durring that time you had posted the idea but, I tried it for tonights Ohio 5/39 and it turned out not too bad. I brought down the amount of combinations choosing the first segment position and leaving wildcards for the other 2. I did counts with Multiple Segments keeping only the combinations that had a count of 1 in columns -5, -6, and -7. I then used my best safe filters, final combination count was 300. At that point I didn't know where to go and was really burnt so, I keep the 300. I didn't have the jackpot combination but i did have 1 match 4, 2 match 3, and 33 match 2, total payout would have been $353. Of course I would never play $300 worth of tickets but there is promise there. I'm not real shure what happened but I do know that I lost it at column -4 where the segment 1-1-3 some how got filtered out.

Great strategy, somebody has got to hit a jackpot here some time, EL has come a long way since I purchased my copy.

Good Luck!
Padawan
PadawanLotto

Postby Red Devil » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:55 pm

I agree
Red Devil

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests