Suggested Filter

Suggested Filter

Postby Alcymart » Wed May 07, 2008 12:24 am

I modified this post and instead will suggest Stan some filters we can add in EL.

First off, a Last Draw Filter.
Here is what it would do:

The last Draw filter checks how many numbers repeat from the last Draw. This would be a filter in the Stats area similar to the diff count filter in that it would contain 6 rows. Here is an example of such a filter and its % stats.

repeat %
0 43.6%
1 41.3%
2 13.2%
3 1.8%
4 0.1%
5 0.0%
Alcymart

Postby niceguy » Wed May 07, 2008 5:54 am

Hi Alcymart, Whats outer & inner? Width of line??
niceguy

Hi Niceguy

Postby Alcymart » Wed May 07, 2008 8:10 am

The eqivalent of Width of Line in EL is our Ticket Numbers Range.

The equivalent of Inner Outer in EL is our Panel Filter.

Take Care
Alcymart

Postby niceguy » Wed May 07, 2008 10:29 am

oic Many thanks for that Alcymart. Are we allowed to ask what the "other' program is you refer to, & is it any good. ( In my opinion Expert Lotto is by far the best, I don't use any other). It is, however great to get ideas from other programs & adapt them to Expert lotto. :finger:
niceguy

Postby daniel » Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

[quote=niceguy]
oic Many thanks for that Alcymart. Are we allowed to ask what the "other' program is you refer to, & is it any good.
[/quote]

I think he's talking about LotWin?
daniel
daniel

Postby Alcymart » Wed May 07, 2008 7:47 pm

[Deleted Post]
Alcymart

Postby stan » Thu May 15, 2008 7:12 pm

[quote=daniel:1210155308]
[quote=niceguy]
oic Many thanks for that Alcymart. Are we allowed to ask what the "other' program is you refer to, & is it any good.
[/quote]

I think he's talking about LotWin?
daniel
[/quote]

yes, you are allowed to talk about other lottery software here:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Thu May 15, 2008 7:13 pm

[quote=Alcymart:1210112676]
I modified this post and instead will suggest Stan some filters we can add in EL.

First off, a Last Draw Filter.
Here is what it would do:

The last Draw filter checks how many numbers repeat from the last Draw. This would be a filter in the Stats area similar to the diff count filter in that it would contain 6 rows. Here is an example of such a filter and its % stats.

repeat %
0 43.6%
1 41.3%
2 13.2%
3 1.8%
4 0.1%
5 0.0%
[/quote]

isn't this the same as 'match winning numbers' filter??
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Alcymart » Fri May 16, 2008 6:16 am

Well I thought it would be like Match winning numbers but it aint Stan. I see the match winning numbers filter more like a History filter that leaves or removes the matches in question from previous draws. Wasn't it made for that or I am misunderstanding the Match Winning Numbers Filter?

A last draw filter is how many numbers repeat from the previous draw only. This filter would allow us to specify how many of the numbers selected repeat a number found in the previous draw's winning line. For example, if the most recent winning line held in the history file is 5, 15, 21, 42, 43, 45 then setting the filter for one repeat with last draw will ensure that lines will only be selected if they contain 1 (and only 1) of the above numbers. These filters would be combined in EL stats. For example, selecting None, Two and Four means that lines will be filtered if they have no numbers in common with the previous draw, or if they have two or four numbers in common with the previous draw.
This filter would produce different results from draw to draw, assuming that we are keeping the history file up to date as it would always use the most recent winning line on file.

0 and 1 are the most common and the rest can be removed pretty safely and thats a lot of combinations.
Alcymart

Postby Alcymart » Fri May 16, 2008 6:53 am

Ok, I wasn't sure myself if we could talk of other lotto softwares... My view is it can only be good that the forum has these other lotto software keywords for relevancy in search engines. If one looks for another lotto software, they may end up here and see that EL is much better.
Alcymart

Postby stan » Fri May 16, 2008 5:28 pm

well, i think that 'match winning numbers' filters does what you need:
select 'latest draw 1' and then 'match x'...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Alcymart » Fri May 16, 2008 11:18 pm

Oh why didn't I think of that, it works perfectly except for match 0 for whatever reason...would that be a bug?

match 0 should be about 43% of combinations that have no repeated numbers in last draw.
Alcymart

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat May 17, 2008 1:11 am

Load a full package and in the Statistics page, show stats for ticket numbers, calculate stats for winning numbers to save time, on the latest column click to set latest to ascending, highlight all of the 1's and then click on filter at the bottom of the page and filter At least 0 to 0 in each ticket, leave, ok, and you have removed all of the last drawn numbers from the full package. Now you can caluculate stats for ticket in package and the last drawn numbers will have been removed from the full package.
PadawanLotto

Postby Alcymart » Sat May 17, 2008 2:58 am

Yes that works too Padawanlotto, the hard way but it does work perfectly and so logical too! Thanks

I'll use your suggestion, however the match 0 in winning numbers filter is left useless unless the match 0 was intended for some other kind of operation.
Alcymart

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat May 17, 2008 9:25 am

Ok, I have looked at the Match Winning Numbers Filter a little closer, I only use it to remove all jackpot combinations that have already been drawn from my package of combinations that I'm working with. If you you choose the last draw and Match 0, Leave it will remove all of the combinations from the package. If you choose the last draw and Match 0, Remove it will leave all combinations in the package removing nothing.

If you choose the last draw and Match 1, Leave it will leave all combinations in the package that contain 1 number from the last draw and remove all combinations that do not contain any of the numbers from the last draw.

If you choose the last draw and Match 1, Remove it will remove all combinations in the package the contain 1 number from the last draw and leave all combinations that contain 2 to 6 numbers from the last draw plus, all combinations that contain none of the numbers from the last draw.

If you are wanting to leave all combinations that contain 0 to 1 of the numbers from the last draw, I think the best way is to do it in the ticket numbers stats the way I posted earlier.
PadawanLotto

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests