WNH Differences Filtering

Postby CARBOB » Sun May 11, 2008 3:05 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
Thanks CARBOB, the formula works great although I'm having problems loading a full package into Excel, I can still use it for pre-filtered packages.
[/quote]

Padawan, when I run a full package, I shut everything down except Excel. I even turn off my virus software. I downloaded your worksheet. It appears that it's looking for duplicates.
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun May 11, 2008 3:19 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
Padawan, I downloaded your worksheet. It appears that it's looking for duplicates.
[/quote]It does the same thing as your array formula except it's setup for -30 to 30 and isn't as clean and easy as your array formula is.
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun May 11, 2008 3:22 pm

I don't think there is a need to load a full package into Excel for filtering, just a pre-filterd package.
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Sun May 11, 2008 3:30 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I don't think there is a need to load a full package into Excel for filtering, just a pre-filterd package.
[/quote]

If we can get the stats and the filters developed, a big plus and no screwing around with Excel. I did a Package for Cash 3, for 5/9/08, filtered for 11 distinct, it was at 12 skips, avg/3, reduce 1000 combos down to 291 combos. A very good filter for Cash 3.
CARBOB

Postby lottoboy » Sun May 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi, Padawan:

Thanks for your reply!

Which filter did you run?

Segment Combos 3/9 (filters.xml) you sent to me at 04/29/08 07:01.
Do not run the filter on a full package, prefilter the full package first.
What is prefilter? If my Basic Filters such as Sum, O/E … + Joe’s Occurrence of Distinct HD?

Back test each segment group or compound filter that you used as a whole using a latest setting of 10 to save time, see if the last drawing passed or failed. When you find the filter group that failed, click on customize, choose each filter seperately and click modify, then back test using a latest setting of 10 to save time.

Your Segment Compound 3/9 Filter includes 12 filters:

Seg Combos 3/9 Col 0 to 3; Seg Combos 3/9 Col 0 to 5;
Seg Combos 3/9 Col 0,2,4,6,8,10; Seg Combos 3/9 Col 0/2 to 8/10;
Seg Combos 3/9 Col 1,3,5,7,9; Seg Combos 3/9 Col 2 to 8;
Seg Combos 3/9 Col 3 to 6; Seg Combos 3/9 Col 4 to 7;
Seg Combos 3/9 Col 5 to 10; Seg Combos 3/9 Col 6 to 10;
Seg Combos 3/9 Col 0/1,4/5,8/9; Seg Combos 3/9 Col 2/3, 6/7, 10.

If I need to test it one by one? If so, how can I do that? If I take setting AND for testing one but and set other 11 filters as OR?

What’s meaning of “using a latest setting of 10 to save timeâ€￾?
I don’t see any setting of 10 in the Filter.

You would have to totally rebuild the filter to work with a default setting of 6/12. When you change the segment default settings you change the way the segments appear in the columns. If you want to change the default setting to 6/12 you would have to do some research to determin what segments hit the most often and in what columns.

The idea that I want to change the segment default settings from 3/9 to 6/12 or others came from my back-test of WN History – Segment couple months ago. It failed when my setting was 3/9 but and passed when my setting was 6/12. I'm not sure if 3/9 is too tight to use for my NY Take 5? How about your opinion? Thanks.

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon May 12, 2008 12:56 am

Pre-filter: Use filters on a full package that takes the least amount of time to run first, lower the amount of combinations.

Open the Segment combos 3/9 filter and click on Back-test, click cancel, set the latest history to 10 and click refresh. If the last drawing fails the filter close the back-test and click on customize and then highlight one of the filters in the list and click on modify, then click on Back-test, click cancel, set the latest history to 10 and click refresh.

Segment default settings of 3/9 is a wider spread than 6/12. With a 3/9 segments 0-0-5, 5-0-0, and 0-5-0 are rarely drawn, segments 1-2-2, 2-2-1, 1-3-1, 2-1-2, and 3-1-1 are drawn the most often. If you want to use a segment default setting of 6/12 you will have to build your segment compound filters based on back-test results for that segment default setting, The 3/9 segment filters will not work correctly with segment default settings of 6/12.

One thing everybody needs to understand is that using filters is like using conditional wheels. You have chosen a set of conditions that must be met before the jackpot combination is achieved and the more conditions that you put into place the lower the odds of having the jackpot combination.
PadawanLotto

Postby lottoboy » Mon May 12, 2008 3:34 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
Pre-filter: Use filters on a full package that takes the least amount of time to run first, lower the amount of combinations.

Open the Segment combos 3/9 filter and click on Back-test, click cancel, set the latest history to 10 and click refresh. If the last drawing fails the filter close the back-test and click on customize and then highlight one of the filters in the list and click on modify, then click on Back-test, click cancel, set the latest history to 10 and click refresh.

Segment default settings of 3/9 is a wider spread than 6/12. With a 3/9 segments 0-0-5, 5-0-0, and 0-5-0 are rarely drawn, segments 1-2-2, 2-2-1, 1-3-1, 2-1-2, and 3-1-1 are drawn the most often. If you want to use a segment default setting of 6/12 you will have to build your segment compound filters based on back-test results for that segment default setting, The 3/9 segment filters will not work correctly with segment default settings of 6/12.

One thing everybody needs to understand is that using filters is like using conditional wheels. You have chosen a set of conditions that must be met before the jackpot combination is achieved and the more conditions that you put into place the lower the odds of having the jackpot combination.
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

Thanks for your sincere instructions!!

I will try it again by your advice. Then let you know what's happen. Thanks again!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon May 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Ohio 6/49 Difference report, 48 out of 61 past drawings had 0 to 1 differences repeat within columns 0 thru -10, latest draw as follows.
05/10/08 Sat 9 32 -5 14 18 -45 19 -38 -8 -2 -8
, 1 difference repeated.

Ohio 5/39 Difference report, 155 out of 200 past drawings had 0 to 1 differences repeat within columns 0 thru -10, latest draw as follows.
05/11/08 Sun 6 -7 13 -25 0 11 -6 15 18 -6 12
, 1 difference repeated.

The point is that within the combinations that you have left after filtering, a lot of these combinations can contain up to 6 repeat differences making the combinations unlikely canidates for play. We need a new filter. I will make all updates here in this post so, please stay tuned to this channel.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Thu May 15, 2008 7:20 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto:1210351478]
I normally don't make filter requests but I think I have a good one. While working with WNH Hit & Skip Differences I came across something that I found interesting. In most drawings any one difference is rarely repeated more than 1 time and rarely is there more than 1 repeating difference per draw. Out of the last 200 drawings of the Ohio 5/39 there were 154 drawings where there were 0 to 1 repeating differences. The common difference range for repeat differences is -20 to 20 for the Ohio 5/39.

If we had a differences filter where we could remove combinations that had 3 or more of the same difference and remove combinations that had more than 1 repeating difference, I think that we could all come closer to our goal.

The more I worked with the WNH Hit & Skip Differences the more I questioned the definition of differences as there seems to be two meanings in EL. Differences as distance of sum movement (-20 to 20) and Differences as where the actual drawn numbers come from in the next drawing.
[/quote]

i think that joe has created some sort of 'unique diffs' filter that does what you're looking for
(or maybe i'm just mixing something up...)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu May 15, 2008 8:27 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=PadawanLotto:1210351478]
I normally don't make filter requests but I think I have a good one. While working with WNH Hit & Skip Differences I came across something that I found interesting. In most drawings any one difference is rarely repeated more than 1 time and rarely is there more than 1 repeating difference per draw. Out of the last 200 drawings of the Ohio 5/39 there were 154 drawings where there were 0 to 1 repeating differences. The common difference range for repeat differences is -20 to 20 for the Ohio 5/39.

If we had a differences filter where we could remove combinations that had 3 or more of the same difference and remove combinations that had more than 1 repeating difference, I think that we could all come closer to our goal.

The more I worked with the WNH Hit & Skip Differences the more I questioned the definition of differences as there seems to be two meanings in EL. Differences as distance of sum movement (-20 to 20) and Differences as where the actual drawn numbers come from in the next drawing.
[/quote]

i think that joe has created some sort of 'unique diffs' filter that does what you're looking for
(or maybe i'm just mixing something up...)
[/quote]WNH Unique Diffs Count, Distinct History Differences, Distinct Diffs Count, and Occurrences of Distinct History Differences all deal with the actual drawn numbers and the amount of rows per column the actual numbers came from.

I looking at WN History Neg/Pos Differences in all 11 columns.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Fri May 16, 2008 5:34 pm

ok, 'repeated diffs' filter should be easy enough to implement:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Unique Diff Filter

Postby CARBOB » Fri May 16, 2008 5:37 pm

[quote=stan]
ok, 'repeated diffs' filter should be easy enough to implement:)
[/quote]

Stan, how about adding a filter for unique History Diff's with stats. It would help to reduce the package before using Segments.
CARBOB

Postby stan » Fri May 16, 2008 5:51 pm

'unique diffs' filter is just a negation of 'repeated diffs' filter, isn't it?
it really doesn't matter whether the new module will track unique diffs or repeated diffs. let me know which one you prefer and what the stats should look like
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CARBOB » Fri May 16, 2008 6:25 pm

[quote=stan]
'unique diffs' filter is just a negation of 'repeated diffs' filter, isn't it?
it really doesn't matter whether the new module will track unique diffs or repeated diffs. let me know which one you prefer and what the stats should look like
[/quote]

I prefer "Unique diffs", but wait for Padawan's input, since he suggested the filter first. Here's a screenshot on the stats for the filter, I prefer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri May 16, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm interested in the unique diff stats and a way to filter out combinations with counts lower than 10. I'm also interested in a way to see and filter combinations for common difference occurrence. For example I have found that in the Ohio 5/39 the difference range of 20 to 29, 0 to 2 appear in any one drawing most of the time. The difference range of -9 to 9 has 4 to 7 differences appear in any one draw and difference range of 10 to 19 have 1 to 4 differences appear in any one draw. Just filtering for the difference ranges that I listed can remove around 180,000 +/- combinations.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say as I don't find it easy to explain.

Thanks
Padawan
PadawanLotto

PreviousNext

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests