WNH Differences Filtering

Postby CARBOB » Sat May 17, 2008 12:42 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I'm interested in the unique diff stats and a way to filter out combinations with counts lower than 10. I'm also interested in a way to see and filter combinations for common difference occurrence. For example I have found that in the Ohio 5/39 the difference range of 20 to 29, 0 to 2 appear in any one drawing most of the time. The difference range of -9 to 9 has 4 to 7 differences appear in any one draw and difference range of 10 to 19 have 1 to 4 differences appear in any one draw. Just filtering for the difference ranges that I listed can remove around 180,000 +/- combinations.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say as I don't find it easy to explain.

Thanks
Padawan
[/quote]

Stan, what Padawan is suggesting sounds good to me. Padawan, thank you very much for the info. Very much appreciated, would have never figured it out!!!
CARBOB

Postby stan » Sat May 17, 2008 5:12 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I'm interested in the unique diff stats and a way to filter out combinations with counts lower than 10.
[/quote]
ok

I'm also interested in a way to see and filter combinations for common difference occurrence. For example I have found that in the Ohio 5/39 the difference range of 20 to 29, 0 to 2 appear in any one drawing most of the time. The difference range of -9 to 9 has 4 to 7 differences appear in any one draw and difference range of 10 to 19 have 1 to 4 differences appear in any one draw. Just filtering for the difference ranges that I listed can remove around 180,000 +/- combinations.

what's the difference from the main wnh sums filter which has option 'the differences in x to y columns is a to b'?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat May 17, 2008 8:30 pm

[quote=stan]
I'm also interested in a way to see and filter combinations for common difference occurrence. For example I have found that in the Ohio 5/39 the difference range of 20 to 29, 0 to 2 appear in any one drawing most of the time. The difference range of -9 to 9 has 4 to 7 differences appear in any one draw and difference range of 10 to 19 have 1 to 4 differences appear in any one draw. Just filtering for the difference ranges that I listed can remove around 180,000 +/- combinations.

what's the difference from the main wnh sums filter which has option 'the differences in x to y columns is a to b'?
[/quote]Yea, it can be done there and that is what I'm doing now. Maybe if we could get a stats on the past drawn of the differences counts per draw instead of having to do the counts in excel.
PadawanLotto

WNH Difference Filtering Tips

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue May 20, 2008 3:27 am

I put together another pdf to spark the imagination.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Tue May 20, 2008 11:37 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

would you be interested in compiling your tutorials into a single document and put a download link to our web site? (with due credits of course)
such little gems get lost in discussion board's traffic after a while...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CSenior » Tue May 20, 2008 12:30 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

Thanks again for another great contribution!
CSenior

Postby CARBOB » Tue May 20, 2008 1:46 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

Thanks Padawan!! Excellent work!! I've attach an Excel 07 file to count the differences. If anyone wants a copy in an earlier format, let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue May 20, 2008 3:22 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

Thanks Padawan!! Excellent work!! I've attach an Excel 07 file to count the differences. If anyone wants a copy in an earlier format, let me know.
[/quote]
Excellent CARBOB, it's just what we needed. To let everybody that downloads the HD by draw, that the differences at the top of the Excel page (30, 20, 10, 1, -9, -19, -29, -39) are differences decade ranges (30to39, 20to29, 10to19, 1to9, -9to-1, -19to-10, -29to-20, -39to-30).

Thanks again CARBOB
PadawanLotto

Postby Jerzy » Tue May 20, 2008 5:22 pm

Padawan and Carbob, thank you for your excellent presentations!

Carbob,
I would like to calculate the frequency of repeats of WNH Differences in the same columns as well as occurrences of mirror values of differences in the same columns. What Excel formulas can be used to identify these repeats and mirror values?

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby CARBOB » Tue May 20, 2008 5:32 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
Padawan and Carbob, thank you for your excellent presentations!

Carbob,
I would like to calculate the frequency of repeats of WNH Differences in the same columns as well as occurrences of mirror values of differences in the same columns. What Excel formulas can be used to identify these repeats and mirror values?

Regards

Jerzy
[/quote]

Jerzy, I will have to think about it and see if I can up with some formulas. I don't have any experience at all on formulas where you deal with a range of values.
CARBOB

Postby CSenior » Tue May 20, 2008 6:13 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you CARBOB! Another great contribution!
CSenior

Postby Joe » Wed May 21, 2008 3:20 pm

[quote=CARBOB:1211284009]
I've attach an Excel 07 file to count the differences. If anyone wants a copy in an earlier format, let me know.[/quote]
Bob, I couldnt able to open the file, when I tried to open by changing the file's extension to .xls, its not working, Could you please tell me how to open this file?.
Joe

Postby CARBOB » Wed May 21, 2008 4:04 pm

Joe, if you have Excel 07, you have to save the file before you can open. If you try and open from forum, it will be Read-Only. I've attached a Excel 03 V.

[quote=Joe]
[quote=CARBOB:1211284009]
I've attach an Excel 07 file to count the differences. If anyone wants a copy in an earlier format, let me know.[/quote]
Bob, I couldnt able to open the file, when I tried to open by changing the file's extension to .xls, its not working, Could you please tell me how to open this file?.
[/quote]
CARBOB

Postby Joe » Wed May 21, 2008 4:22 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
Joe, if you have Excel 07, you have to save the file before you can open. If you try and open from forum, it will be Read-Only. I've attached a Excel 03 V.[/quote]
Thanks Bob, Its working, thanks,
Joe

Previous

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests