Fast Minimizer

Fast Minimizer

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue May 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Has anybody used this tool? I'm looking for creative ideas for using the Fast Minimizer. How do some of you use this filter?
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed May 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Come on, nobody uses the Fast Minimizer?
PadawanLotto

Postby CSenior » Thu May 15, 2008 3:48 am

I do not know how to use this tool yet. Just have not had enough time to work every filter. I am sure if you look and follow the Minimizer Filter in the help section it should be very similar to the Fast Minimizer which has no examples or tutorial.
CSenior

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu May 15, 2008 7:07 am

[quote=CSenior]
I do not know how to use this tool yet. Just have not had enough time to work every filter. I am sure if you look and follow the Minimizer Filter in the help section it should be very similar to the Fast Minimizer which has no examples or tutorial.
[/quote]
Thanks for your reply, I understand how to use the filter to a point but, I was looking for a little more. Here is what I have found in using this filter.

If you have filtered a full package down to a point and if the jackpot combination is within the remaining combinations along with multiple second prize combinations and you use the Fast Minimizer to filter for a minimum of a second prize, that is most likely what you will get. In the same situation you filter for a minimum of second prize and this time instead of leave you use remove, you have removed some of the second prizes and retained the jackpot combination. The problem is that there are some unseen conditions that must be met. First the combinations that are being filtered must contain the jackpot combinations and multile second prizes. Next, is where do you stop using the remove and use leave? If all of the second prize combinations have been removed the jackpot combination will be removed on the next remove filter pass. If you continue to use the remove with this filter it will remove all combinations completely. If you you use the filter with leave the combinations can not be filtered any more with the Fast Minimizer.

Just say the combinations that you have contain the jackpot combination and you are going to use the Fast Minimizer, depending on the numbers drawn depends on how many second prize combination that there are so, you will not be albe to make a stop point determination based on left over combinations.
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu May 15, 2008 7:08 am

[quote=CSenior]
[/quote]
Thanks for your reply, I understand how to use the filter to a point but, I was looking for a little more. Here is what I have found in using this filter.

If you have filtered a full package down to a point and if the jackpot combination is within the remaining combinations along with multiple second prize combinations and you use the Fast Minimizer to filter for a minimum of a second prize, that is most likely what you will get. In the same situation you filter for a minimum of second prize and this time instead of leave you use remove, you have removed some of the second prizes and retained the jackpot combination. The problem is that there are some unseen conditions that must be met. First the combinations that are being filtered must contain the jackpot combinations and multile second prizes. Next, is where do you stop using the remove and use leave? If all of the second prize combinations have been removed the jackpot combination will be removed on the next remove filter pass. If you continue to use the remove with this filter it will remove all combinations completely. If you you use the filter with leave the combinations can not be filtered any more with the Fast Minimizer.

Just say the combinations that you have contain the jackpot combination and you are going to use the Fast Minimizer, depending on the numbers drawn depends on how many second prize combination that there are so, you will not be albe to make a stop point determination based on left over combinations.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Thu May 15, 2008 7:06 pm

btw, 'fast minimizer' equals to 'regular minimizer' with a limited input settings, it's just faster
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat May 24, 2008 5:00 pm

When is a good time to use the minimizer? I have found the depending on the amount of tickets that you have and depending on if the jackpot combinations is within the combinations you have and depending on how many second prize combinations are within the combinations that you have make the difference in how the minimizer will react with the combinations filtered.

Say for instance you have around +/-500 combinations and the jackpot combination is in there and there only a few second prize combinations there also and you filter minimize 100% chance of 1 second prize, leave. There can be one of two out comes, either it will leave the second prize combinations and remove the jackpot combination or it will remove the second prize combinations and leave the jackpot combination, Odd! :vogel:
PadawanLotto

Postby CSenior » Sat May 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Hmm... interesting results Padawan. Its seems that this filter is acting like the Best Tickets filter where as depending if you select alternate best or not will leave you with a difference in lower prizes.
CSenior

Postby stan » Wed May 28, 2008 10:22 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto:1211641219]
When is a good time to use the minimizer?
[/quote]

calculate the win coverage first and if you have multiple guarantee for your targeted hit (e.g. the win coverage show 100% guarantee of at least 2 'match 4') then i'd use minimizer to safely reduce the tickets.
in other cases i'd set the minimum percentage, e.g. 70% chance of e.g. 'match 4' and filter the tickets with the 70% in mind...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests