Question For Expert Lotto Team

Postby Joe » Wed May 21, 2008 7:35 pm

teoman, please refer the previous post, and here is the link again http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... age=8#6505
Joe

Help With Plugin

Postby Alcymart » Sun May 25, 2008 4:07 am

Well, I have installed plugins before but its been over a year and I must of forgot something, for some odd reason, I can't get the AC filter installed. I feel like an idiot right now. I missed something but what? Lets see, I have:

EL 4.5.0 Build 1011
JRE 1.6.0_05

I downloaded the jar file from here
http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... age=8#6505

The only change that was made since last year is that I am now on XP 64 bit edition, could that be an issue?

I installed it manually as last resort and EL told me it installed correctly and to restart EL...upon restart, nothing...hmm no indication it was plugged in.

Is this filter plugin like hidden somewhere? I can't believe this... a simple plugin installation. I feel like a nub now...
Alcymart

Postby Jerzy » Sun May 25, 2008 4:59 am

Alcymart,

Download the AC filter plugin to a temporary folder. Make sure it is saved with the extension .jar. Probably you have to add the extension .jar before saving the file. The extension .plugin is used for some other plugins, but not for this one.

Next go to EL --> Lottery --> Preferences --> Plugins and click on Install Manually button. The Select Plugin Window will open. Change File of Type to All Files. Navigate in Look in to find ArithmeticComplexity.jar file. When you see it in the Select Plugin, double-click on it. It will install the plugin. And you will be asked to restart your computer.

JRE 1.6.0_06 is available now if you want to dowload it.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun May 25, 2008 5:22 am

I believe you will need to download and install the jackpot build which now is build 1016 for joes filters to be active.
PadawanLotto

Postby Alcymart » Sun May 25, 2008 7:52 am

I did that but to no avail... it just won't plug in. I now have:

EL: v4.5.0
Build 1016 [Jackpot]
Java Version: 1.6.0_05

Heres what I do... I downloaded the ArithmeticComplexity plugin and I drop it in the plugin folder with the others as ArithmeticComplexity.jar which is 8k...

I then startup EL and do a manual install... and I go fetch the ArithmeticComplexity.jar and EL tells me it installed successfully and to restart EL which I do... but EL does not load it up.

One thing I noticed is that when I go back to the plugins folder the ArithmeticComplexity.jar is 0 kilobytes????...as if everything had been erased inside the jar file. I did like Jerzy said and dropped it in a temp folder too, I'm now puzzled... Why I can't get a single plugin installed either... so I have to conclude plugins are not compatible with x64 yet I installed Java for XPx64...hmm

I'll uninstall java and reinstall it....I'm out of ideas.
Alcymart

Postby Falcon » Sun May 25, 2008 8:39 am

Alcymart,

I don't recall having to do 'a manual install' for this plugin. All I did was place it in the plugin folder as a .jar file re open the program and there it was in the filter list. Checking Preferences>>Plugins there it was ticked and available for use. I have the same EL and Java versions as your self.

r

falcon
Falcon

Postby Jerzy » Sun May 25, 2008 9:10 am

Alcymart,

If a file in a temporary folder has 8 KB and the same file in the Plugin folder 0 KB, it means that for some reason it was not installed in the Plugin folder correctly. I do not know why, but you cannot blame your 64 bit Windows for that.

And I noticed that you are trying to install the old version of the AC filter. The link to download the current version, which has the AC statistics for all tickets in the package, is in the section 15 of My Filter Plug-ins in the Joe's post dated 16 October 2007.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Alcymart » Sun May 25, 2008 10:07 am

Ok, thanks everyone but I finally solved the issue. I was looking for the filter in the stats area...lol
Alcymart

Postby stan » Wed May 28, 2008 10:25 pm

[quote=Alcymart:1211694746]
I did that but to no avail... it just won't plug in. I now have:

EL: v4.5.0
Build 1016 [Jackpot]
Java Version: 1.6.0_05

Heres what I do... I downloaded the ArithmeticComplexity plugin and I drop it in the plugin folder with the others as ArithmeticComplexity.jar which is 8k...

I then startup EL and do a manual install... and I go fetch the ArithmeticComplexity.jar and EL tells me it installed successfully and to restart EL which I do... but EL does not load it up.

One thing I noticed is that when I go back to the plugins folder the ArithmeticComplexity.jar is 0 kilobytes????...as if everything had been erased inside the jar file. I did like Jerzy said and dropped it in a temp folder too, I'm now puzzled... Why I can't get a single plugin installed either... so I have to conclude plugins are not compatible with x64 yet I installed Java for XPx64...hmm

I'll uninstall java and reinstall it....I'm out of ideas.
[/quote]

maybe this tutorial will help: http://www.expertlotto.com/files/video/ ... ation.html
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Alcymart » Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 pm

the plugins were installing fine Stan, I ommitted to look in the filter category and was looking for them in stats area dumb me.

but its a good idea to show everyone the link to the tutorial
Alcymart

Previous

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests