Uh-oh... Failed to read BETA Download/Install

Uh-oh... Failed to read BETA Download/Install

Postby Willie » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:06 pm

Stan: "... i recommend to copy the link above to your browser and choose 'save as' to save the file on your disk. sometimes the operating system may confuse it with a zip archive and change the file extension from .jar to .zip. so make sure that saved file name is expertlotto.jar. do not attempt to unpack the content of the downloaded file."

We're on dialup, so downloading video tutorial(s) are painful.

Also failed to take a sufficient look at BETA thread instructions.

What now? should I unintall the entire software - start over? Not a problem - want it right.

Thx,

Willie.
Willie

Related issues...

Postby Willie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:21 am

Reinstallation went fine....

Before jumping into BETA, decided I had better try for Joe's plugins, first - downloaded the training-wheels video... Hmmm, it shows demonstration file already extended as .plugin.

On my Vista sys, IE sees website plugins as .zip, FireFox sees as .jar. Been trying off-and-on since initial post-purchase install to capture the plugins. Haven't been able to get EL to recognize plugins, even via manual install.

Today, struggled with IE for three hours: na-na, ziltch. Re-downloaded plugins w/ FireFox - EL took the manual install - shows up checked-off in Preferences > Plugins, but no "Successfully" popup, and can't tell by the application if plugins have been activated - apparently, not.

This is what happens when tech ignorant old carpenters think they still got game. But then, if I didn't have to fight for my supper, probably wouldn't appreciate it as much, eh?
Willie

Thank you, gentlemen....

Postby Willie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:02 am

Went thru uninstall and reinstall.

Preferences > Plugins "Successfully" (manually) installed Joe's Plugins right off my desktop - straight as a frozen rope. Did not have to install by video methods and means... Preferences > Plugins apparently handled it all.

The uninstall was thru EL App Uninstall, first... then everything was shredded out of existing files using Acronis... all that remained following shred was the previously download Setup App File and Joe's plugins - which I installed from desktop. Dunno if it was okay to do it that way, but w/ Norton, I have found it nearly impossible to get clean program uninstalls, otherwise.

I went back on the website: have the other plugin options been moved to a different location?

My apology for getting issues tangled up - I am not very computer literate, not much. Now that everything has normalized, I want to install remaining, applicable plugins.

Question: Apparently I have not been reading the Version/Build numbers correctly. Is v4.5.1. Build 1022 (which I have) current - the latest? I found Build 1034 on the website Download page and assumed it is later than 1022. However, the information states that official downloads ARE the latest/current Version/Build. Sorry for the inadvertence. Again, I want to try any other applicable plugins that have not been included in EL software.

Very Best,

Willie
Willie

Return to BETA versions