Filtered numbers

Filtered numbers

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:53 pm

Hi Stan :finger:
Is there anywhere you can go to see a list of the filtered out tickets?..i.e the ones that have been "thrown away". (NOT the ones still left in the package ?)This is incase you want to have a look through the discarded tickets to make sure you don't want to retain any of them. ( more so when you get down to a few dozen tickets.) It would also allow you to check that the filter is in fact getting rid of the tickets you don't want, & that it is doing what you want it to do so you can be 100% sure that when you use it in future it is doing exactly what you want it to do. If it isn't possible to see "thrown away" tickets, I wonder if it is worth making it possible to do so, a feature I would tend to use extensively when trialing different filters. :-D

Postby stan » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:06 pm

why not use the following:
- open filter window
- matching tickets - remove
- ok
- review tickets in the package
- undo
- open filter window
- matching ticket -leave
- ok
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:55 am

hi Stan,
Thanks for that. Works ok, but seems very "roundabout" way to get there :-( Just wondering if it is possible in future to include a separate window , whereby you can see the full list of the "Thrown out tickets"?? , after filtering has taken place??:-D

Postby stan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:53 am

well, technically it's possible (almost everything is ;-)) but i don't like this feature too much.
it would slow the filtering process down as the filtered out tickets would have to be written somewhere. also a new window would be needed to display these tickets. i consider this to be quite a lot of work for a little gain because there's a workaround for this feature already (see the steps i posted before).
so unless there's a bit more popular demand for this function i'll put this on hold until there's no other expert lotto work to do...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:32 am

Understood. I hadn't actually thought about it in that way Stan, good as.

Return to BETA versions