last weeks draw numbers

last weeks draw numbers

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:42 pm

Hi Stan :finger:
I have noticed for quite some time now that in the New Zealand winning results nearly every week there is at least one, often two & sometimes three winning numbers come up from the previous weeks draw. ( I imagine the same applies to other lottos). I would love to have a table ( probably in statistics/winning numbers table) to show us the number of numbers that came up again from the previous weeks draw. I am certain there would be a pattern you could follow, and I figure this gets you something like (in our6/40 lotto), between 16% & 50% of the winning numbers included in your system for next week. The table would not have to show the actual numbers , but just how many there were from last week. This would be very valuable info to use when using the "Match winning numbers" filter. :cheesy:

Postby stan » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:04 pm

there are already columns 'hit 5/15/30 prev' in the winning numbers table stats that show what you're asking for. the tooltip for cells in this table even shows the actual matching numbers.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:14 am

Hi Stan
Many thanks for that. I did look at that, but what I really want is to be able to look at the results for prev 1 week only. (don't think this is possible???? :-( ) The manual didn't seem to have a lot of info regarding this.Maybe an alteration whereby you could somehow select exactly how many weeks back you would like to go starting at 1, would be a great idea?? Also wanted to point out some differences in the results I have when I compare Hit 5 prev, Hit 15 prev, Hit 30 prev to the winning numbers table. (see attachments enclosed) If you look at the hit 5 prev column, the results for the top row (25/6/05), show the number 2. I take it that this is telling you that in the last five draws, two numbers from draw 25/6/05 have appeared. When I hold the pointer over the number 2 it tells me the two numbers are actually 5 and 40. However, if you look at the winning numbers table (see attachment) you will see that in the previous week the number 9 also came up. ( doesn't show the number 9 when I point to the number 2 at the top of the hit 5 prev column.) Therefore I would have thought that the number 2 at the top of the hit 5 prev column is incorrect??. Just wondering if this is a program glitch or something I am doing wrong?? :wand: Also noticed that some of the other results from the hit prev tables seem to be inaccurate.(e.g. from draw 18/6/05 it has the number 2 at the top of prev hit , when I place the tool pointer on it , it tells me the numbers 4, 17, But does not show the number 18 which also came up within the prev 5 weeks. Also tried it on the demo powerball.........the draw 28/2004 gives the hit 5 prev as 2 (2,15 when pointed to), and yet 4 and 33 have also been drawn in the last 5 weeks draws( a total of 4) .Hope you can follow this ok, look forward to your reply, once again many thanks , I really appreciate all your help, & prompt replies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hit previous further attatchment

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:27 am

Hi Stan
This is a further attachment to go with the previous topic. Is there any way you can send two attachments together? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby stan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:46 am

the hit x prev stats show the maximum match of the ticket at the given row with x previous draws. it means the ticket is individually compared with x previous draws and the maximum match found is displayed in the table cell.

it doesn't show how many numbers from the given draw appeared in x previous draws.
however it seems like useful information so i'll add more columns to this table. something like 'occurrence in x prev'
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:20 am

Hi Stan
Yes please , if you could add extra columns so that we can see just how many times the numbers from a particular draw you are looking at have come up in X amount of weeks that would be great. ( esp if you could vary the number of weeks) It's imprtant information that myself (& I'm sure heaps of others), would use each week . Many thanks for that

Return to BETA versions