Question about match numbers filter

Question about match numbers filter

Postby Gatsby » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi Stan,
I play Euromillions with two powerballs.

5/50
2/9

When i use "match numbers filter" to filter combinations that match 1+2, although there are 2 combinations of these in the list of winning numbers, the result is 0. Please give some support because it doesn´t seems to be working propperly.

Strange as it may seem, when i use a compound filter
Match number filter: match in 1
Powerball filter: match in 2
logical operator: AND; result is 39 in 299 (some tickets match in one number and some tickets match in the two powerballs)
logical operator OR; result is 2 as i suppose it would be expected with the logical operator AND, because it gives combinations with the selected number and powerball combination !?

PS: obviously i can´t use the compound filter to cover all groups, so that´s why i need the "match numbers filter" to work for match in 1+2, 2+2, etc.

Thanks, Gats.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:05 pm

please post a screen shot of your filter settings and an example ticket that should have been filtered out but wasn't, thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:23 pm

I sent you a print screen with what you asked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:54 pm

i got it.
it's actually a bug in filter's user interface. the filter checks the main numbers only so the list of match combinations shouldn't show powerball ones.
or there would have to be another panel for selection of matching powerball numbers.
you'll have to for version 5 to have this filter fixed.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:42 am

Couldn´t it be fixed to the 4xx version? I understand that you are very occupied but it´s a really basic feature that should work in the version i´m using now. i haven´t yet "played" with version 5 and i don´t know yet how to load my lottary and other filters i have to that version, so by the moment i prefer to keep with version 4xx. You understand. And i even would like the version 4.5.6 to be working in case of me using two EL programs simultaneasly to filter different things and save time (just as i´m getting a little bit more involved in trying to get an strategy that at least pays off what i invest.) Please consider because it´s really important to me and to anyone using this filter supposing it filters well.

And of course EL5 isn´t still working properly. Last time it freezed when i tryed to insert mannualy last draw to winning numbers grid. And in my opinion it´s not so intuitive as EL4. I do prefer the way the grid of numbers is presented in EL4 next to the draws, smaler and visualy more agreable. I do not see in version 5 the winning numbers update possibility too. Well, for now i really prefer version 4. I understand v5 might be more powerfull and fast but, but still don´t manage to work with her.

Thanks.
Gatsby

Postby lottoboy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:55 am

Hi, Gatsby:

I agree with you!

I do hope that Stan should fix the all bugs or mistakes in EL 4.5.6 that is to be used by all members now first instead of posting some incomplete version of EL5. It is to waste our time only, isn't it?

best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby Gatsby » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi Lottoboy,

i sincerily do not agree with you saying Stan is wasting our time. He as been as helpefull as he can, and for the most he allways assists you in any matter. Now, i can win a big prize next week or maybe never. But EL is a really good program that allows to concretize some ideas you might have. Let me say that i do not disagree with Stan by letting some quests for new filters or features to V5, but i do disagree, as you said, that bugs or mistakes in version 4.5.6, stay without correction when detected (even if i don´t forget that many of the features it has belong only to this beta versions), for this is a filter that comes in the package that is being sold. Well, i´m sure Stan will be sensitive to this matter and the filter will be rapiddly "disbug", for in general EL still is a solid and fiable program that all of you did help to improve.

That being said, the best of luck to you!
Gatsby

Postby Viking » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:26 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
I do hope that Stan should fix the all bugs or mistakes in EL 4.5.6 that is to be used by all members now first instead of posting some incomplete version of EL5. It is to waste our time only, isn't it?
[/quote]

Hi Lottoboy,

This is not meant especially for you Lottoboy, but to all of us as a request. To all you members, who not say too much, be not afraid to speak out on what is right or wrong with EL 5 and what you wish to see in EL 5. Come on and let us contribute to the jackpot cracking tool.

Stan is maybe wasting someone’s time by let us try the early preview version of EL 5, but remember it is up to each one of us if we want to use it.

Since this is an unfinished program one cannot expect it to work as it should in all occasions. Report the error to Stan without coming with negative comments and let Stan correct the error and upload a corrected version for us to test again.

When we try out this early preview version we can call us beta testers. A software developer can faster and easier find errors when they let beta testers use their unfinished program on different computer setups and operating systems, because there are more people using it with different kind of setups.

The developer can also do corrections in the program according to what the user wants or do not wants. You cannot get any better beta tester than the people that want to use the program and is familiar with this type of program and that is us on this forum.

I will gladly help Stan with the testing of EL 5 and I do hope all of you also will. I also think that Stan should not be bothered with small errors in EL 4, since EL 5 is under development and is the platform for the future when it comes to further development of filters and statistics.

Have a nice day all.

Regards,
Viking
Viking

Postby stan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:01 pm

[quote=Gatsby]
Couldn´t it be fixed to the 4xx version?
[/quote]
it can. but the 'fix' will just remove powerball matching combinations from the list and the filter will be matching the main ticket numbers only - as it was originally intended.

And of course EL5 isn´t still working properly. Last time it freezed when i tryed to insert mannualy last draw to winning numbers grid.

found the bug, will upload a new build shortly.

And in my opinion it´s not so intuitive as EL4. I do prefer the way the grid of numbers is presented in EL4 next to the draws, smaler and visualy more agreable.

what exactly are you referring to?

I do not see in version 5 the winning numbers update possibility too. Well, for now i really prefer version 4. I understand v5 might be more powerfull and fast but, but still don´t manage to work with her.

winning numbers update is coming soon. version 5 as it is now is naturally not a replacement for the current version 4.x. but it does contain a few interesting and powerful features not available in previous versions. so by experimenting with 'early access' builds:
- you get a head start and you can develop new lottery strategies that cannot be implemented in version 4.x
- you can provide feedback what you like and what you don't like and what should be changed. and report all problems encountered - for which i'll be very thankful.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:36 am

lottoboy,

Testing early preview versions is necessary for proper software development (feedback from users, finding and removing bugs). Without the feedback from the users the software will be less than perfect.
The time spent for testing beta versions is not waisted.

I understand that some people are too busy with other things and are unable to allocate time for that. And some people might be not interested in testing beta versions and experimenting with new features.

I believe that most of us show a lot of curiosity about EL 5 and its development. And the early preview versions satisfy our curiosity.
Jerzy

Postby niceguy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:47 am

Hi Jerzy

Just wanted to totally agree with what you say. Thanks for that.
niceguy

Postby Gatsby » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi Stan,

Fixing the bug like that will give more coerence to the filter, but why is it so hard to implement that filter with powerball option? Understand that for this games beeing able to filter combinations of (5,4,3)+2 is quite important. Of course i don´t mind waiting for full operational V5 with this filter, only really thought it was a simple fix, after all "match package filter" as the same sets and seems to be working fine?

About the rest i will explore more with beta V5 before posting new comments.

BTW, where is the last build of V5? Or should i use the updater as i did, and it seems to have worked out fine.

Thanks,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 pm

[quote=Gatsby]
Fixing the bug like that will give more coerence to the filter, but why is it so hard to implement that filter with powerball option? Understand that for this games beeing able to filter combinations of (5,4,3)+2 is quite important. Of course i don´t mind waiting for full operational V5 with this filter, only really thought it was a simple fix, after all "match package filter" as the same sets and seems to be working fine?
[/quote]
i'd have to add another ticket panel for selection of powerball numbers, that would take me a day or two to implement properly.
remove powerball combinations from match list is 30 min work.

BTW, where is the last build of V5? Or should i use the updater as i did, and it seems to have worked out fine.

you can use updater but it's better to download the zip file from jackpot section as i've turned some logging and error reporting on.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi Stan, don´t wanna be too much insistant, but in this game it improves very much the if could filter those combinations. I could do it using compund filter, but it becames much heavier and take "ages".Please see what you can do in your timing, and once done it´s less a bug in EL.

BTW, i dowloaded V5, seems to be working fine. Just a question about using filters. It seems that i cant use them directly when invoked from the list, but only when inserted in complex filter, is it correct? is it intended to be like this, or am i doing something wrong?

Thans once again.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

[quote=Gatsby]
Hi Stan, don´t wanna be too much insistant, but in this game it improves very much the if could filter those combinations. I could do it using compund filter, but it becames much heavier and take "ages".Please see what you can do in your timing, and once done it´s less a bug in EL.
[/quote]
i'll have to check the source code first - i haven't seen some parts of it for three years:)

BTW, i dowloaded V5, seems to be working fine. Just a question about using filters. It seems that i cant use them directly when invoked from the list, but only when inserted in complex filter, is it correct? is it intended to be like this, or am i doing something wrong?

click menu 'package - filter'
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to BETA versions