W.N. Filter.

W.N. Filter.

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:09 am

hi Stan
Just wondering why it is that sometimes when I generate the max amount of tickets & then filter them with the "winning number- sums" filter , ( using the min & Max for each column 0 to -10),with the filter set to "and" , that I end up with "0" tickets left in the package.? If I Know the result, (e.g. say the latest drawing , & "skip" it & select the min & max ranges to be + or - 5, above each known sum figure (in the 0 to -10 columns), it seems to work fine & leaves me with the "guarranteed" jackpot ticket. I would have thought that even if you are outside say one of the sum min & max ranges then you won't strike a jackpot, but that you should at least have some tickets in the package? When it happens that you end up with "0" tickets left in the package after using the WN filter to filter the max amount of generated tickets ( in our case a 6/40 game), does it mean that the min & max settings are outside the parameters of this filter, & you could not have ended up with a few tickets including the jackpot anyway. ? :wand: Hope you can understand this ok ;-) Many thanks

WN History Charts

Postby Maryland » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:24 am

Stan this happens when I open then close the options box.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maryland

Postby stan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:13 am

[quote=Maryland:1122161096]
Stan this happens when I open then close the options box.

[/quote]

if this happens consistently then try upgrading your java runtime to the latest version which is 1.5.0_04

http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Wel ... onId=noreg

(also updating graphic card drivers may help)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:22 am

[quote=niceguy:1122095381]
hi Stan
Just wondering why it is that sometimes when I generate the max amount of tickets & then filter them with the "winning number- sums" filter , ( using the min & Max for each column 0 to -10),with the filter set to "and" , that I end up with "0" tickets left in the package.? If I Know the result, (e.g. say the latest drawing , & "skip" it & select the min & max ranges to be + or - 5, above each known sum figure (in the 0 to -10 columns), it seems to work fine & leaves me with the "guarranteed" jackpot ticket. I would have thought that even if you are outside say one of the sum min & max ranges then you won't strike a jackpot, but that you should at least have some tickets in the package? When it happens that you end up with "0" tickets left in the package after using the WN filter to filter the max amount of generated tickets ( in our case a 6/40 game), does it mean that the min & max settings are outside the parameters of this filter, & you could not have ended up with a few tickets including the jackpot anyway. ? :wand: Hope you can understand this ok ;-) Many thanks
[/quote]

the problem is that sum range estimate for one column affects the sum values in all other columns. so for example a decrease in column "0" will result to increase in column "7" and to decrease in all other columns. this of course depends on the current state of the winning numbers database and it differs for each draw.
so in your example there's a number of tickets that fit the condition of 0 to -10 decrease in column 0 and there's also a number of tickets that fit the decrease in e.g. column 5. however these two sets of tickets are mutually exclusive.
please let me know if it's still not clear enough.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:38 am

Thanks Stan.............a lot clearer now. :-D

Postby Maryland » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:14 pm

Java was upgraded before it started. Only does it on the bar graph.
Maryland

Postby stan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:48 pm

[quote=Maryland]
Java was upgraded before it started. Only does it on the bar graph.
[/quote]

it's most likely a bug in the java runtime. resizing the application window should force repaint of the chart area to clear the problem.

can you please confirm that your java version is the latest 1.5.0_04 (see expert lotto's 'about' box). i'll try to reproduce the bug.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:26 pm

Update of the video driver did the trick. But then I had to change the property viewing and the refresh rate which was at 60hz to 85hz. Probably could have changed the refresh rate before downloading the update to driver. Don't know but everything is fine. Appreciate the third party possibilites. That's what makes you guys awesome!
Maryland

Postby stan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:34 pm

good, one thing less to worry about ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to BETA versions