Beta Ver 640 problem

Beta Ver 640 problem

Postby Dominos_Up » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:29 am

My Pick 5 lotto . . .
Difs columns are being calculated incorrectly in the Package Statistics.
Typically, if it should something like this: -3 0 14 -26 -8 11 16 -2 8 17 -10
I get this : -26 -3 0 14 -26 -8 11 16 -2 8 17

Dif 0 is incorrect. The rest are correct but should be 1 column to the left.
-3 0 14 -26 -8 11 16 -2 8 17 -10
-26 -3 0 14 -26 -8 11 16 -2 8 17

My solution is to close EP, start it up and reload my files.
Dominos_Up

Postby stan » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:34 am

hmm, that's weird. so you're saying that after application restart the problem goes away, correct? when does it start to appear then? is there any action you do in expert lotto and the table gets messed up then?

can you pls email me the content of your lottery dir (usually "c:program filesexpertlottodata<lottery name>"

anybody else experiencing this?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Dominos_Up » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:56 am

When I load a saved package, the first set is OK.
If I load a second package, replacing the first, the package stats are wrong. I have to restart EP, then the second one loads OK, but any subsequent package will be wrong again.
Dominos_Up

Postby stan » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:04 pm

[quote=Dominos_Up]
When I load a saved package, the first set is OK.
If I load a second package, replacing the first, the package stats are wrong. I have to restart EP, then the second one loads OK, but any subsequent package will be wrong again.
[/quote]

thank you very much for your email, it helped me to find what the problem is.

it's actually not bug in the application but you most likely misunderstood how the package statistics work (and of course application's help is not updated yet).
the package stats first calculate wn history values for the complete winning numbers database (the selection of past draws from the wn history page is not taken into account, it's always for the complete wn database) and then simulates a draw for each ticket from the package as if its numbers were drawn. the updated sum and diff values are stored in the table, wn history values are reverted back to their original values and the algorithm continues with the next ticket.
diff values for some tickets may appear to be shifted by one column to the right but it's because the ticket numbers happen to match the latest draw. that means those shifted values represent the situation when exactly the same numbers were drawn twice in a row.
if you enter the latest drawn number into the simulation ticket edit fields you'll get the same 'shifted' values in the summary table.

pls let me know if the above doesn't make any sense to you and i'll try to explain better. ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Dominos_Up » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:19 am

Stan,
I will check it out. I think I understand . . .
Thanks for looking into it. It was pretty wierd.
Greg . . ;-)
Dominos_Up

Return to BETA versions