Experimental Plugin

Postby stan » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:18 pm

[quote=Simon69]
I have an unique id for the module, so that is not the problem I guess....I changed the ExperimentalPlugin.java but now is the Even stats replaced by the Odd stast :vogel: ......

Attached the ExperimentalPlugin.java file.
[/quote]

the file looks ok to me. and if you added the module like this:

else if( PluginManager.TICKET_STATISTICS.equals( customizationType ) ) {

then it should show in the package stats page (or in the tickets stats window)

you have to add a new instance of this module when the plugin customizes the list of wn stats modules: PluginManager.WN_STATISTICS
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:21 am

Hi Stan,

I never tried any Java language, but since you are a programmer just a question: is Java significantly faster than VB for these repeating tasks?

Also, you said this plug in filter works for statistics and filtering the package. Will this plugin work with generate - use plugin filter while generating?
zz

Postby stan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:18 pm

[quote=zz]
I never tried any Java language, but since you are a programmer just a question: is Java significantly faster than VB for these repeating tasks?
[/quote]
i downloaded visual basic express and did a quick benchmark - generate 10 random numbers, write them to a text file, repeat 1000000 times.
in this case the same java code did better by approximately 25%
BUT i am not a vb developer so there may be some performance tweaks/settings in visual basic i'm not aware of.

Also, you said this plug in filter works for statistics and filtering the package. Will this plugin work with generate - use plugin filter while generating?

an expert lotto plugin can add any of the following:
- filter (will appear in the main filter menu as well as in the ticket generator)
- stats tables/charts
- columns to package stats and/or winning numbers stats tables
- main application page (the ones you change at the bottom of the main screen)
- menu item/toolbar button opening a new window doing anything you can think of
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:30 pm

[quote=stan]

[/quote]

How I would know from where to pull the stuff I need? For example if I want to deal with random number generator? Would user be able to deal with random number generator and say for example make 1000000 tickets and repeat task again if there is no 1000000 in the package still?

However, that's just a few questions even I didn't look into the stuff you already provided as an experimental plug-in, but this your idea looks so interesting that probably quite a few users at this forum might decide to spend some time and get into some Java knowledge if without any :-D

BTW, I was OK with VB since it doesn't have those {{{ that Java has which once when I looked into some code made me dizzy... :-)
zz

Postby stan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:05 pm

[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]

[/quote]

How I would know from where to pull the stuff I need? For example if I want to deal with random number generator?
[/quote]
there's documentation for (almost) all functions expert lotto has that you can call from within java. and of course you can ask your questions here in this forum.

Would user be able to deal with random number generator and say for example make 1000000 tickets and repeat task again if there is no 1000000 in the package still?

yes, it is possible. there's a 'generator' component/object/class, 'filter' component, 'package' component etc. pretty much like in visual basic

However, that's just a few questions even I didn't look into the stuff you already provided as an experimental plug-in, but this your idea looks so interesting that probably quite a few users at this forum might decide to spend some time and get into some Java knowledge if without any :-D

it depends how much time and effort you are willing to invest. the learning curve for java may be a bit steep...
you may be better off using visual basic for post-processing of expert lotto results only.

BTW, I was OK with VB since it doesn't have those {{{ that Java has which once when I looked into some code made me dizzy... :-)

just think of them as 'begin' and 'end' and with syntax coloring in most modern IDEs it's quite easy to read ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:52 pm

those interested in learning some java skills please look here:

http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro1/

(and i'm sure there's a lot of other resources on the net)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to BETA versions