help applications

help applications

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:54 am

Hi Stan. :finger: Just wondering when you release version 4.2 how you will get on with regard to updating the application & print out versions of the "help" applications. I am wondering how you will get on with the english language, & was wondering if before you update the "english" version help files for version 4.2, that you might get someone very conversant in english to help you write them. I am suggesting this as it could save a tremendous lot of miss-understanding by people who are only familiar with the english language and depend very much on the help files to operate Expert lotto to it's maximum advantage. I realise what a tremendous task it must be writing such a reasonably complex manual in another language for people to clearly understand, but thought that it might save you heaps of questions ( & thus a lot of your time) in answering questions after the version 4.2 is released,due to incorrect english in the help manuals. in particular if you have a lot of newcomers on board. I have noted in the past some of the questions may not have been asked , had the english been a little clearer in the past manuals. Hope this helps, Keep up the fabulous work :-D

Postby stan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:10 am

well, that certainly would be very nice but professional translations are very expensive, we just can't afford it. and i don't know any native english speaker person who would be willing to read and correct that many pages of text.

anybody willing to make correction to the english verison of expert lotto's documentation? ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:50 am

Stan, if you think I can do it I'm willing. I could start by putting them in Microsoft Word
Maryland

Postby stan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:55 am

[quote=Maryland]
Stan, if you think I can do it I'm willing. I could start by putting them in Microsoft Word
[/quote]

thanks a lot! it would very nice of you.
the documentation is maintained as a set of html pages that gets then compiled into various formats (help file, pdf, word doc etc). would it be a problem for you to edit html files (preferably in an editor that does not mess up the formating)?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:59 am

How about you email me one page and we will see. Instructions of what you want me to do. You have my email addy and I have cable modem.
Maryland

Postby stan » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:02 am

[quote=Maryland]
How about you email me one page and we will see. Instructions of what you want me to do. You have my email addy and I have cable modem.
[/quote]

ok, will do. basically we'd like you to read our text and rewrite (some) sentences/paragraph to make them sound 'more english'.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:04 am

No problem, also Microsoft Front Page came to mind when you said about editing html pages.
Maryland

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:03 pm

Fabulous!! Thanks Maryland :-D This will Make a tremendous difference. I fully realise what an uphiill hurdle this is Stan, (I would be absolutely hopless if I had to do a program in Czech ) :motz: It just struck me that your expert lotto program is certainly the best around & it would be really great to have a well written english manual to go with it. Thanks a million!

Return to BETA versions