PRINTING TICKETS

PRINTING TICKETS

Postby niceguy » Sat May 13, 2006 10:55 pm

Hi Stan. In New Zealand, our Saturday Lotto draw consists of 6 numbers plus a bonus number being drawn each week. ( from a total pool of 40 numbers). Besides this , from a separate machine they draw a power ball number which is drawn from a pool of 8 numbers. When filling out ( or printing out) the tickets to place your bets, you fill out one coupon if you don't wish to have a power ball included in your selection, and another coupon if you wish to include powerball in your selection. My question is this:- is it possible with Expert Lotto to set up two different tickets to be printed out from the one game ( in this case the new Zealand Sat draw.) The reason being is that I only occassionally take powerball lotto , & when I do it would be great to be able to print the tickets out using Expert Lotto, from the setup I already have. I realise that I could set up a separate game to do this, but it would be so much more convienient to do it all from the one setup. Look forward to your reply. Thanks
niceguy

Postby niceguy » Mon May 15, 2006 6:18 am

Hi Stan Further to the above, I have realised that after making another lottery game for new Zealand powerball ( using Expert Lotto), because of the way that our game is drawn, it is possible that a number (eg 8) could be drawn from the main draw , & then could also be drawn from the powerball draw (i.e. 8 again). However, when doing a "visual number " chart print out of the numbers, it is hard to see the powerball number when it has also been drawn as a main number. I was wondering if it would somehow be possible to make a separate "visual" number chart (similar to the present visual WN regular & odd/even charts), for the powerball numbers. ?? In our case for the powerball numbers 1 to 8, & maybe a graph line chart to go with it , to help in determining what the next powerball number might be. Our powerball is getting a lot of interest at present, as it has jackpotted to around $18 million, the highest it has ever been!! :-D Thanks.
niceguy

Postby stan » Mon May 15, 2006 11:23 am

[quote=niceguyXXOO:1147553744]
Hi Stan. In New Zealand, our Saturday Lotto draw consists of 6 numbers plus a bonus number being drawn each week. ( from a total pool of 40 numbers). Besides this , from a separate machine they draw a power ball number which is drawn from a pool of 8 numbers. When filling out ( or printing out) the tickets to place your bets, you fill out one coupon if you don't wish to have a power ball included in your selection, and another coupon if you wish to include powerball in your selection. My question is this:- is it possible with Expert Lotto to set up two different tickets to be printed out from the one game ( in this case the new Zealand Sat draw.) The reason being is that I only occassionally take powerball lotto , & when I do it would be great to be able to print the tickets out using Expert Lotto, from the setup I already have. I realise that I could set up a separate game to do this, but it would be so much more convienient to do it all from the one setup. Look forward to your reply. Thanks
[/quote]

i've been thinking about this as well because there are some lotteries that different playslips across states (e.g. us multi state lotteries). it is not a small change to application's logic but it is on my todo list.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon May 15, 2006 11:24 am

[quote=niceguyXXOO]
Hi Stan Further to the above, I have realised that after making another lottery game for new Zealand powerball ( using Expert Lotto), because of the way that our game is drawn, it is possible that a number (eg 8) could be drawn from the main draw , & then could also be drawn from the powerball draw (i.e. 8 again). However, when doing a "visual number " chart print out of the numbers, it is hard to see the powerball number when it has also been drawn as a main number. I was wondering if it would somehow be possible to make a separate "visual" number chart (similar to the present visual WN regular & odd/even charts), for the powerball numbers. ?? In our case for the powerball numbers 1 to 8, & maybe a graph line chart to go with it , to help in determining what the next powerball number might be. Our powerball is getting a lot of interest at present, as it has jackpotted to around $18 million, the highest it has ever been!! :-D Thanks.
[/quote]

an extra visual table would take a lot of screen estate. maybe some sort of switch "show bonus/powerball numbers only" would do...
you can also change the color for bonus/powerball numbers to make them stick out more.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Mon May 15, 2006 12:27 pm

Hi Stan . Thanks for that A switch sounds ideal. I had already tried changing the colours as you suggested, however when printing out on a black & white laser printer, they are still hard to define. (especially when the bonus or powerball number happens to be the same as one of the main draw numbers.) Thus the suggestion of a switch sounds a great idea, & also with ability to print it out. :-D
niceguy

Postby niceguy » Mon May 15, 2006 12:50 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=niceguyXXOO:1147553744]
[/quote]

i've been thinking about this as well because there are some lotteries that different playslips across states (e.g. us multi state lotteries). it is not a small change to application's logic but it is on my todo list.
[/quote]

Thanks Stan . I very much look forward to having it implemented. :-D
niceguy

Return to BETA versions