Setting up a powerball game

Setting up a powerball game

Postby niceguy » Thu May 18, 2006 11:43 pm

Hi Stan. I am in the process of setting up a new powerball game using Expert Lotto, but am having trouble getting the bonus number & powerball to work properly. In New Zealand, our Saturday Lotto draw consists of 6 numbers, plus a bonus number being drawn from a total pool of 40 numbers. Besides this, from a separate machine they draw a power ball number which is drawn from a pool of 8 numbers. When filling out the betting coupon, you bet on 6 numbers only. (not including the powerball) If you want to take powerball, you fill out the main panel with 6 numbers on it, & in a separate panel you place your powerball bet (one number only from a pool of 8 numbers). Bearing all this in mind I used the Expert lotto manager to try set up the various conditions for the draw, and used the following parameters to do so:-
A) Numbers in pool =40
B) Lowest number drawn =1
C) How many numbers are drawn =6
D) How many numbers in the bet =6
E) Is a bonus number drawn =yes
F) How many bonus numbers are drawn =1
G) Is it a powerball draw = yes
H) Lowest bonus number =1
I) How many numbers are in the bonus drawing pool =8
J) How many sets of numbers =1

1) In using the above conditions, on going into winning numbers /add, I found that the bonus number worked ok , but that there was only one number besides the main 6 drawn numbers. ( that is, there is no where to enter the power ball number) .
2) I then kept the same parameters as above, but changed the amount of bonus numbers drawn (F in the above parameters) to 2. Now, when going into winning numbers/add, I ended up with two boxes to enter the bonus & powerball numbers, however it couldn’t differentiate between the powerball & the bonus number. It seems as though Expert Lotto puts them in numerical order, so when going into winning numbers/select to see the numbers displayed, sometimes the powerball number was under the bonus column sometimes the bonus number was under the powerball column, depending on their numerical values.
Just wondering if it is possible to set up a game so that you have 6 numbers drawn from the main pool of 40 numbers, and separate to that, a bonus number drawn from the main pool of 40 numbers, and a powerball number drawn from a set of 8 numbers? :wand:
I am sure that there will be others trying to set up a similar game so will be very interested to know how it's done. Many thanks for your valued help. :-D
niceguy

Postby stan » Sat May 20, 2006 5:49 pm

i'm afraid expert lotto does not support 'regular bonus' and 'powerball bonus number' in the same lottery.

i know there are such lotteries so an expert lotto extension is on my todo list.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to BETA versions