Value Predictor

Postby stan » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:58 pm

[quote=Maryland]
Should your input be as the Trend Predictor with lastest at bottom for the Value Predictor?
[/quote]

correct
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Paulo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:45 am

[quote=stan:1156532322]
[quote=Maryland]
Should your input be as the Trend Predictor with lastest at bottom for the Value Predictor?
[/quote]

correct
[/quote]

Hi Stan,

You have a example to configuration in this new uptade plugin?

What is the best statistics to predicted with this plugin?

I like to predict WN History.

Thanks
Paulo

Postby stan » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:15 am

[quote=Paulo]
[quote=Maryland]
[/quote]

correct
[/quote]

[/quote]

wn history data are fine for predictor. just use all the default settings, enter 7 or 10 into the rows for validation field. i recommend more than 200 hundred rows in the input
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Paulo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:36 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=Paulo]
[quote=Maryland]
[/quote]

correct
[/quote]

[/quote]

wn history data are fine for predictor. just use all the default settings, enter 7 or 10 into the rows for validation field. i recommend more than 200 hundred rows in the input
[/quote]

Stan,

My lottery have 152 drows.

Is the value that I should consider that?

Trend prediction: Decrease
Predicted value: -2.0

Thanks
Paulo

Postby stan » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:40 pm

[quote=Paulo]

[/quote]

if you're trying to predict wn history sum values then the value is obviously wrong. the current version of the value predictor knows nothing about possible minimum / maximum values. it will be fixed in some future version.
besides 152 rows may not be enough - look at your sum charts, are they distorted at their beginnings? (starting with small values and gradually rising?)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Paulo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:52 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=Paulo]

[/quote]

if you're trying to predict wn history sum values then the value is obviously wrong. the current version of the value predictor knows nothing about possible minimum / maximum values. it will be fixed in some future version.
besides 152 rows may not be enough - look at your sum charts, are they distorted at their beginnings? (starting with small values and gradually rising?)
[/quote]

Stan,

You can please to interpret this example:
Best pattern size: 6
Best weight: 1.0
Matching pattern: [1.0 -3.0 2.0 -1.0 -2.0 -7.0] => 2.0
Marker: 104
Back-tests: 30
Mean Square Error: 37.748259515288005
Mean Absolute Percentage Error: 1.9083068783068784
Valid trend predictions: 17 (56,7%)

Predicted value: -29.32307692307692
========================================================
Best pattern size: 13
Best weight: 1.0
Matching pattern: [-2.0 1.0 1.0 2.0 -2.0 0.0 -5.0 -3.0 -4.0 4.0 4.0 2.0 1.0] => -3.0
Marker: 132
Back-tests: 30
Mean Square Error: 91.82547521642283
Mean Absolute Percentage Error: 3.137006557861258
Valid trend predictions: 18 (60%)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paulo

Postby stan » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:34 pm

first of all i'm not sure whether the predictor can handle input with negative values. it may need some more tuning on my part.

as for the results - the first set is based on the lowest MSE on past results and the second set is based on the greatest number of valid trend predictions.

basically you just need to track the predicted trend and value, you can ignore the rest. also valid trend predictions field is interesting as it shows how many trend predictions were correct when the predictor back-tested itself on the validation rows. the greater number the more chances are that the trend prediction will be valid for the coming draw.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby scenium » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:59 pm

Hi Stan,

I'm looking forward to the new predictor.
Are you just making a layout changes to the predictor
or will there be improvement for better prediction?

Thanks!
:-)
scenium

Postby stan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:45 pm

[quote=scenium]
I'm looking forward to the new predictor.
Are you just making a layout changes to the predictor
or will there be improvement for better prediction?
[/quote]

there will be mainly improvements in the core code to improve the prediction precision. although there might be some ui modifications as well.
i have a lot of input and comments from george to process - i just wish i had more free time...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Value Predictor Awesome!

Postby Alcymart » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:45 pm

Good work on the updated Value Predictor! We are going to have ourselves a lot more fun now! George, you are doing an excellent Job. You are the man! I love the updated version, I just had to say it. It predicts much better than I. This will definetly remove human error when estimating! I am so happy about purchasing Expert Lotto, I have to scream it everywhere.

Sorry about that, I am just super excited when new plug-ins or new updates come along. This software is always making big steps forward!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Alcymart

Postby stan » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:26 pm

[quote=Alcymart]
Good work on the updated Value Predictor! We are going to have ourselves a lot more fun now! George, you are doing an excellent Job. You are the man! I love the updated version, I just had to say it. It predicts much better than I. This will definetly remove human error when estimating! I am so happy about purchasing Expert Lotto, I have to scream it everywhere.

Sorry about that, I am just super excited when new plug-ins or new updates come along. This software is always making big steps forward!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
[/quote]

well, tell your friends then. an extra residual income from expert lotto licenses helps to compensate my girlfriend for the long hours i spend at my computer :-D
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Midas » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:46 pm

The credit is entirely Stan's and EL, I've just helped out my fellow lotto players.

Surely gratuities to our gurus must be the only way expert lotto winners can truely show their appreciation!.

We don't want to see Stan unlucky after all his outstanding efforts. I for one do not want to be accountable to his girlfriend!.

Enjoy Value Predictor

Best Wishes
George
Midas

Postby scenium » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:50 am

Hi Stan,

I am just thinking if including a variable like "no of rows in history columm" in your pattern matching algorithm would help to decide accurately the next direction of a history columm(+ or -).

i.e...less rows....pattern matching number valid trend prediction that next direction would be positive.

.....more rows...pattern matching number of valid trend prediction that next direction would be negative.

additionally...maybe including the number of gaps within the rows would be helpful.
ie...if there are more rows....but only few numbers occupy the last rows..
would not make an accurate forecast.

:)
scenium

Postby scenium » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:34 am

Maybe there are some other statistics which would fit your pattern matching algorithm perfectly.
Finding a few statistics variable which are closely linked & fit your current prediction algorithm, hopefully we would find a model for accurate prediction.

:)
scenium

Postby stan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:04 am

[quote=scenium]
I am just thinking if including a variable like "no of rows in history columm" in your pattern matching algorithm would help to decide accurately the next direction of a history columm(+ or -).
[/quote]
do you mean the number of rows in the history differences table? that's actually a good indicator for wn history estimates and we're working on a separate wn history predictor that will use the differences table as one of its inputs.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to BETA versions