4.1 BETA

Postby zz » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:14 am

[quote=stan:1108836004]

usage of the compound filters should be fairly obvious as the user interface is (hopefully) self explaining. but since there's no context help yet, here's a couple of hints:
* the compound filters are shared across lotteries if possible (the lotteries must have the same parameters - min/max number, numbers drawn, schedule etc)
* compound filters use 'shortened boolean evaluation'. e.g. if a compound filter looks like A and B and C and filter A fails, filters B and C won't get evaluated because the whole compound filter will fail anyway. same way if compound filter is 'A or B or C' and filter A passed then filters B and C won't get evaluated either as the whole compound filter will pass. therefore pay attention to the order of compound filter parts as it may greatly speed the filtering process up. it's recommended to use 'fast' filters first (odd/even, sum) and then the slow filters (match winning numbers, match file)
* the AND operator takes precedence over the OR operator. it means that compound filter A and B or C and D is in fact (A and B) or (C and D).
)).
[/quote]

Hi Stan :cool:,
Sorry for bothering you again, but just want to make sure about the proper settings of compound filters. So here is an example : I want to remove all tickets with 3 odd/3 even , and also I want to remove all tickets with 3 low/3 high...

So, is it : (3odd/3 even - tickets remove OR 3low/3high tickets remove)Leave tickets

If i wanted to remove the tickets which are at the same time 3odd/3even and 3low/3high is it:
(3odd/3 even - tickets remove AND 3low/3high tickets remove)Leave tickets
zz

Postby stan » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:37 am

[quote=Maryland]
Ok Stan found the problem. If you change preferences look and feel to CDE/Motif then either the original or the beta version will not open if changed in either. Also I noticed you don't have the show windows in preferences in the Beta version. I had to backtrack what I did to find the problem so it wasn't updating Java.
[/quote]

thanx for the note, i'll fix in the next build.

btw, what does 'show windows in preferences' mean?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:32 am

[quote=zz]
Hi Stan :cool:,
Sorry for bothering you again, but just want to make sure about the proper settings of compound filters. So here is an example : I want to remove all tickets with 3 odd/3 even , and also I want to remove all tickets with 3 low/3 high...

So, is it : (3odd/3 even - tickets remove OR 3low/3high tickets remove)Leave tickets

If i wanted to remove the tickets which are at the same time 3odd/3even and 3low/3high is it:
(3odd/3 even - tickets remove AND 3low/3high tickets remove)Leave tickets
[/quote]

well, not exactly.
(3odd/3 even - tickets remove OR 3low/3high tickets remove)Leave tickets - this means that after filtering the package will contain tickets that are either NOT(3odd/3even) OR NOT(3low/3high) (or both).

the filter works like this: first check odd/even - i'm a 3odd/3even ticket so i will be removed (first filter fails), but i'm also a 1low/5high ticket so i won't be removed after all (second filer passed).

btw, it's quite easy to verify compound filters using the package statistics.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:19 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
I want to remove all tickets with 3 odd/3 even , and also I want to remove all tickets with 3 low/3 high...

[/quote]

well, not exactly.
(3odd/3 even - tickets remove OR 3low/3high tickets remove)Leave tickets - this means that after filtering the package will contain tickets that are either NOT(3odd/3even) OR NOT(3low/3high) (or both).
[/quote]

:anx: Well, that's exactly I wanted...however , thanx for the pointing to use statistics...never have use it before.
zz

4.1.0 BETA, build 428

Postby stan » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:52 pm

build 428 is available for download

bug fixes:
* problem with the CDE look'n'feel

new features:
* high/low stats table & chart
* new columns in the winning numbers table stats: panel rows and panel col showing the maximum count of winning numbers in a single row and single column respectively
* it's possible to add new compound filters from the ticket generator
* it's possible to invoke the compound filters manager from the ticket generator
* the compound filter builder window offers the apply button so it's possible to create and use a compound filter without actually adding it the filters menu
* group filters - a special sub-class of compound filters, it's possible to specify that at least X to Y filters must pass. this way you can apply a sort of 'fuzzy' logic in your strategy which may lead to interesting results.

there were some changes to the compound filters user interface, i hope i didn't break anything. ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

4.1.0 BETA, build 429

Postby stan » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:27 pm

number groups didn't reset to defaults when switching lotteries - build 429 fixes the problem
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Compund filters

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:01 pm

Hi Stan............Just downloaded build 429. Now each time I start Expert Lotto up it comes up with an error message " ERROR: failed to load compound filters data base " Just wondering if this is a problem with the latest 429 download, or something I am not doing right. Thanks

Postby stan » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:13 pm

[quote=niceguy]
Hi Stan............Just downloaded build 429. Now each time I start Expert Lotto up it comes up with an error message " ERROR: failed to load compound filters data base " Just wondering if this is a problem with the latest 429 download, or something I am not doing right. Thanks
[/quote]

you can ignore this message, but you'll have to recreate your compound filters though, sorry about that, but this is still a beta version only...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:59 pm

stan Expert Lotto Team (Moderator)

Today, 03:37
Member since 09/2004 182 Posts

Quote by Maryland:
Ok Stan found the problem. If you change preferences look and feel to CDE/Motif then either the original or the beta version will not open if changed in either. Also I noticed you don't have the show windows in preferences in the Beta version. I had to backtrack what I did to find the problem so it wasn't updating Java.

thanx for the note, i'll fix in the next build.

btw, what does 'show windows in preferences' mean?

Expert Lotto Team

I meant Main Pages To Show under preferences General
Maryland

Postby Maryland » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:22 am

Stan, installed the 429 build and got the error no problem recreated the compound filter but it does nothing when I use it, just sits there.
Maryland

Postby stan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:45 am

[quote=Maryland]
I meant Main Pages To Show under preferences General
[/quote]

yes, i removed this option as i think it's not that useful anyway.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:47 am

[quote=Maryland]
Stan, installed the 429 build and got the error no problem recreated the compound filter but it does nothing when I use it, just sits there.
[/quote]

hmm, close expert lotto, switch to application's install dir (c:program filesexpertlotto) and remove the 'filters' sub-folder.

if that doesn't help pls make a fresh installation, try again and email me the error.log file from application's install dir. thanx
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:58 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=Maryland]
[/quote]

hmm, close expert lotto, switch to application's install dir (c:program filesexpertlotto) and remove the 'filters' sub-folder.

if that doesn't help pls make a fresh installation, try again and email me the error.log file from application's install dir. thanx
[/quote]

it's actuallly a bug in the code - i did break something in the compound filters ui. :red:
i'll post an update tonight, sorry about that.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:26 pm

[quote=stan:1109020046]

zz, i'm sorry but i still can't reproduce your error but i'll keep testing.

[/quote]

Hi Stan, It seems that Trust pointed to this error in the other post: match file only allows lines with same settings
as the lottery(6 numbers in row if 6/48 lottery)etc.

Is it possible to use a 6 numbers lottery and 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - Match 2 match file or 1,2,3 match 1 match file filter?
zz

Postby stan » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:35 pm

[quote=zz]
[quote=stan:1109020046]

zz, i'm sorry but i still can't reproduce your error but i'll keep testing.

[/quote]

Hi Stan, It seems that Trust pointed to this error in the other post: match file only allows lines with same settings
as the lottery(6 numbers in row if 6/48 lottery)etc.
[/quote]
this is not an error. that's how i designed the file access sub-system (reading / writing tickets to a file).
and i'm not planning to change it in the near future. ;-)

Is it possible to use a 6 numbers lottery and 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - Match 2 match file or 1,2,3 match 1 match file filter?

i'm lost...
but if you're referring to the other thread, then i think this problem can be solved by a new 'match numbers' filter where you can select any group of numbers and specify the desired match (e.g. "match 3 or match 4 or match 5 in (1,4,5,10,11,23,24,28,30,33,49)")
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to BETA versions