Build 945

Postby Falcon » Sun May 18, 2008 8:52 am

Jerzy,

Thanks for your explanations.

Whilst I have been around EL for some time now I am just a recent convert to the Segment filters and thus am adjusting to the terms used. And with these apparent two usages for size in terms of segments I was a little perplexed. Seems to me that in describing segment size in respect of content ie count of numbers is rather like describing the size of a bucket in terms of the amount of water in it, but in fact for EL I think size used in this manner is the better usage. Perhaps 'Row Depth' might be a better term for the 'physical' size of the segments.

regards

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Sun May 18, 2008 1:28 pm

beta version build 1015/1016 is available for download.
segments calculator ver 1.0.3 is available for download.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Sun May 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Falcon,

A large bucket can contain a lot of water, particularly if it is full, or it can contain very little water. But a small bucket cannot contain much water.

Similarly a segment which has a lot of rows can contain a lot of numbers. But usually in a segment with 2 or 3 rows there is a proportionally smaller group of numbers.

The default segments probably try to create a balanced proportions of numbers in 3 groups. In the column 0 in the 1st default segment there are numbers drawn in the last 6 draws, in the 3 segment the numbers drawn long ago (cold numbers).

Jerzy
Jerzy

Previous

Return to BETA versions