Build 945

Postby stan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:30 pm

[quote=Picsou]
Hello Stan

i have downloaded the latest version of EL Jackpot 975 with winsum 1.0.6
now you put like at the beginning 200 on your preferences in WH history for number of rows in summary table.
when you launch statistics, no error
[/quote]
this should be fixed already in this build. are you saying it's not working for you if you have a big number in the preferences?

i have also downloaded money version 1.1.3, but always the same pb, you can't put a bet or win with a point or comma!
May you fix that?

i'd like to but i'm still not able to reproduce this problem. are you sure you have installed the plugin correctly?

Also always the same pb on the left / down windows, the numbers of tickets in the pack is not refreshed when you make some test with filter and go back with return button on the tools bar

those messages do not reflect the actual number of tickets in the package, they just inform about the result of some package actions (filters, generator). look at lower right corner of the application window to see how many tickets the package has
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Picsou » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:39 pm

Hello Stan

New winsum 1.0.6 with jackpot 975 is ok

here pb with money

cdt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Picsou

Postby stan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:16 pm

[quote=Picsou]
here pb with money

cdt
[/quote]

thanks for the screenshots but it's still a big mystery to me. i'm still not able to reproduce it.
try selecting some entry in the table first and then edit the date and the money to create a new entry...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CSenior » Mon May 12, 2008 1:12 pm

[quote=stan:1202765142]
[quote=Jerzy]
Stan,

The filtering from WNH Segment Sizes statistics is still not supported.
[/quote]
because i didn't implement it yet:) otherwise i would have announced it in the beta news section
[/quote]

Stan~ Are there any plans for implementing filtering on this feature? Thanks.
CSenior

Postby stan » Thu May 15, 2008 7:33 pm

[quote=CSenior:1210590728]
[quote=stan:1202765142]
[quote=Jerzy]
Stan,

The filtering from WNH Segment Sizes statistics is still not supported.
[/quote]
because i didn't implement it yet:) otherwise i would have announced it in the beta news section
[/quote]

Stan~ Are there any plans for implementing filtering on this feature? Thanks.
[/quote]

well, i can revisit that piece of code. would anybody else appreciate this type of filtering?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu May 15, 2008 9:00 pm

I need somebody to explain what advantage the WNH Segment Sizes stats offers.
PadawanLotto

Postby Jerzy » Fri May 16, 2008 6:01 am

Stan,

Yes, I would appreciate the Segment Size filtering very much.

Currently, the Segment Size statistics are available only for the past drawings. When I look at these statistics , I can see that medium size segments occur most commonly, and small and large segments are rare.
I expect that there would be a similar distribution of segment sizes in the package as well. And I expect that this filter performance would be comparable with the best EL filters.

Kind regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Jerzy » Fri May 16, 2008 6:18 am

Padawan,

Currently, the Segment Size statistics tell you how many numbers were contained in each of the three segments in the past draws, including the last draw. You do not need to count numbers in the segments manually, when you are working with WNH Differences and trying to estimate how many numbers from each segment of the last draw will be represented in the next draw result. You might assume that the larger segments, which contain more numbers, will provide more numbers for the next draw Jackpot ticket. In reality, it doesn't always happen, sometimes most winning numbers come from small segments.

While you are considering this, consider also the Max Segments data.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby CSenior » Fri May 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Jerzy~ Great explanation! Thanks.
CSenior

Postby Falcon » Sat May 17, 2008 6:52 am

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for your explanation here on Segment sizes, but I am not sure how one makes use of this data. In my case I have a 6/40 ball lottery with segments set at 6 and 12. In viewing the statistics for segment size I get for Segment 1 the peak of the bell curve (in Col 0 case) is 24, in Segment 2 the peak is at 10 and for Segment 3 it is 6 - all as it might be. But how does one now use this information?

I can see how this data might well be used as a filter over the package as you have previously suggested, but cannot see how this helps me tweak anything else to optimize segment settings.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby Jerzy » Sat May 17, 2008 11:41 am

Hi Falcon,

In the case of the Segment Size statistics we have very unusual situation: we have statistics, but we have no filter to use this important statistical information. That's why we are asking Stan for this filter.

We can use only a piece of information which applies to the last draw, and we can use it only while working with WNH Differences table and filter. If you are interested in the size of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd segment, you can count the numbers in these segments in the WNH Differences table (it takes time and it is possible to make a mistake) or you can simply access the information from the Segment Size statistics.

Why the size of the segment is important? The large segments resulting from the last draw contain more numbers than small segments and, consequently, they are more likely to provide more numbers for the next draw jackpot ticket.

Look at the Max Segment statistics. It applies only to the 1st segment. Depending on the size of the segment a specific count of numbers from it can be expected for the next draw .

In my 6/45 game, according to the Max Segment tab:

If the 1st segment size is 18 or less numbers, 2 of these numbers can be expected in the next draw jackpot ticket.
If the 1st segment size is from 19 to 26 numbers, 3 of these numbers can be in the next draw jackpot ticket.
If the 1st segment size is from 27 to 33 numbers, 4 of these numbers can be expected in the next draw result.
If the 1st segment size is 34 or more numbers, 5 numbers can be expected in the next draw winning combination.

A tolerance of +/- 2 numbers always applies. Unfortunately, it is a large tolerance, but usually it is correct for all columns. Sometimes, however, it is +/- 3 number difference from the expectation.

So the Segment Size information could be helpful when we want to find appropriate setting for the History Differences filter.

Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Falcon » Sun May 18, 2008 3:23 am

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for you notes here. I have printed them out and working through them. Some of this stuff can be a bit osmotic for me. Seeps in slowly.

regards and thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby Jerzy » Sun May 18, 2008 5:53 am

Falcon,

The expected segment sizes which I quoted in my previous post, apply to Saturday Lotto (6/45) and default segments (6/12), and are based on the data from the WNH Max Segment tab.

If you play a different game, study the Max Segment tab for your game.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Falcon » Sun May 18, 2008 6:48 am

Jerzy,

Actually tracking the 6/40 mid week lotto for its last few weeks before it expires and particularly since they have guaranteed 1st Division of $1m, I have preferred this lottery - and will miss it simply because it has fewer balls to play with ie 40 instead of 45 with the odds down from about 8m to under 4m.

But I think I am being tripped up by the nomenclature.

For example, I have thought of segment size as the settings one ascribes in preferences ie 6 and 12 or 7 and 15 or what ever "sizes" one chooses as here in settings the word used is - size.

However in your description and as is also used elsewhere in the program it would appear that size actually refers to content ie number of numbers in a segment -presumably meaning size of content - once I get my head around this difference I should be OK, but if I have this wrong I would appreciate a correction.

r

falcon
Falcon

Postby Jerzy » Sun May 18, 2008 8:05 am

Falcon,

There could be two measurements for the segments size:

- the number of HD rows in the segment
- the count of numbers in the segment

These measurements seem to be independent from each other. For example, more numbers can be packed in less rows.

The number of rows in the segments can be adjusted experimentally, to achieve more effective filtering with some segment filters. But , most importantly, the number of rows in the segment serves as a form of standardization for the HD segments, and seems to be more widely used parameter of the segment size.

Jerzy
Jerzy

PreviousNext

Return to BETA versions