panel columns and panel rows

panel columns and panel rows

Postby tax » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:30 am

Stan,

In the Statistic - Winning Number Table, you have 2 columns at the end, 1 for Panel Cols and 1 for Panel Rows. How do you read these statistics? If I have 3 and 2 resepctively for example I assume it means that there are 3 columns with numbers and 2 rows with numbers in that winning ticket right?

So when I apply the Panel filter, how do I interprete "Maximum count of ticket numbers"? It seems to me that it means that I want maximum X numbers in rows and columns but this would not really match the statistic I mention before.

Any suggestion?

Cheers
tax

Postby stan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:32 am

the panel cols and panel rows columns in the winning numbers table stats show the maximum count of ticket number in panel's column and panel's row respectively.

e.g. when a ticket has 2 numbers in one panel's row, 3 numbers in other panel's row and 1 number in some other row, then the value in the stats table will be "3".
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby tax » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:57 pm

Stan,

Therfore I was right for the winning number table stats... but what about the panel filter? If the stats tell me that there were 3 rows and 2 columns with number, I would like to use a filter that makes sure I will have tickets in the package with lets say only 2 rows and 3 columns (or a range for that matter) but I do not care how many numbers will be in each row and/or column.

A practical example would be:

Lets say I have a winning ticket which shows 2 rows (in the stats) and lets assume that there were 5 numbers on 1 row and only 1 in the second row... but I do not know that.

In the panel filter I could say "maximum 3 numbers X row". that means if I draw 6 numbers, I could have 3 in 1 row and 3 in the other which is 2 rows but it would not cover 5 and 1 in 2 rows.

Bottom line, could we have a filter that uses the numbers of rows and columns independently from the number of numbers in those rows and columns??

Does that make sense??

Cheers
tax

Postby stan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:34 pm

[quote=stan]
e.g. when a ticket has 2 numbers in one panel's row, 3 numbers in other panel's row and 1 number in some other row, then the value in the stats table will be "3".
[/quote]

apologies - the example is actually misleading.

here's another example: ticket has numbers divided into two rows. first row contains 5 numbers, second row contains 1 number. the value shown in the stats table is 5 and that's also what the filter takes into account.

so i hope this answers your previous question.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Trust » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:34 pm

Quote by Tax:

Bottom line, could we have a filter that uses the numbers of rows and columns independently from the number of numbers in those rows and columns??

Does that make sense??

If i understand Tax correct he wants an option to filter out rows and
columns that do/should not have any numbers?
Example:Demand min to max count of numbers in min X rows to max y
and demand min to max numbers in min y to max i columns.
This way we could filter the appearance of numbers in rows/columns
more detailed.
If i want to allow max 6 of 12 rows to contain numbers the filter
could be :Demand min 0 to max 0 numbers in min 6 to max 6 rows?

I know this can be set up using a group filter with match number filter
but it would of course be much more easy if the panel filter was enhanced
to do this.
Trust

Postby tax » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:29 am

Stan,

So my first interpretation of the Statistics -> Winning Number Table -> Panel Cols (and Rows) was wrong. I understood it was telling me the max number of columns and rows for a specific ticket when it should be read as the highest count of number in 1 column (or row).

In this case the Panel filter matches the statistics but I think the cloumn heading for the stat page is misleading....

Cheers
tax

Postby stan » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:55 am

[quote=tax]
In this case the Panel filter matches the statistics but I think the cloumn heading for the stat page is misleading....
[/quote]

pls feel free to post your suggestion for better column headers
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:56 am

[quote=Trust]
I know this can be set up using a group filter with match number filter
but it would of course be much more easy if the panel filter was enhanced
to do this.
[/quote]

it's one of those 'nice to have' features. i'll put it to our todo list but it'll have to wait after version 4.1 is released.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to BETA versions