build 976 is available

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:03 am

[quote=Da80th]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[I placed the last months worth of drawings into a package and ran the Segments Calculator and it says that 5-0-0 was drawn 3 times in column 0 although 5-0-0 was never drawn within the last month.
[/quote]

Padawan,

the 3 for Segment 5-0-0 in Column 0 is NOT the occurences for last month, BUT the tickets remain in the package IF you selected segment 5-0-0 in column 0 for next draw.

Da80th
[/quote]
Ok, I'm confused as the package is the last months worth of drawings and I wouldn't be choosing ticket combinations from there. I think that this Segments Calculator is going to be a tough one for a lot of use to figure out.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:09 am

The segment calculator plugin works correctly.

It shows segment pattern occurrences in the package for the next draw (not for the last draw), and these occurrences depend on the data base of passed draws and particularly on the last draw entered in the Winning Numbers.

To see that this plugin works corrrectly, write down the segment patterns that resulted from the last draw, then skip the last draw in the Winning Numbers, and place the last draw result in the package (yes, just one ticket). Then use the the segment calculator plugin. It will show you the last draw segment patterns occurrences exactly and correctly.

Jerzy
alland

Postby alland » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:23 am

ok i see that it works.

how do go about applying it?
alland

Postby Jerzy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:46 am

Hello everyone,

If you place in the package the results of the last several draws and calculate the occurrences of segment patterns using the Segment Calculator Plugin, the results will be different from those obtained by counting the segments in the Summary table - Segments manually. But it does not mean that the Segment Calculator Plugin calculates occurrences incorrectly.

The segments configurations are always calculated for the next draw. Even if sum segments configurations belong now to the history they were calculated for what was at that time the next draw.

The next draw segment configurations depend on:

1. The numbers which are going to be drawn at the next drawing (a random process, the results will be known in a due time).
2. The data base of the passed drawings results (a predetermined condition, a known factor).

There could be only one set of 11 segment patterns for each ticket for a given data base. If the data base changes, the segment configuration for the same ticket changes as well (the same ticket, but a different segment configuration because the data base has changed).

The Segment Calculator Plugin calculates all possible segment configurations for each ticket in the package (even if there are millions of them). This calculation depends on the results of the previous draws, including the last draw result. And then the occurrences are calculated.

The segment configurations that you see in the WNH Summary tab --> Segments were determined for what it was at that time a current data base but now it is the history data. So if you insert the results of the past several drawings into the package and calculate the segment configurations on the basis of the latest data base, which is different from any previous data base configuration, the segment patterns calculated must be different and will be different from those seen in the Summary tab.

And read my post (regarding this plugin) which I have addressed to Picsou.

Right now I do not know all possibilities opened by this plugin, but I believe that it deserves to be taken seriously.

I am also interested in what Stan could say about this plugin.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby CARBOB » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:57 pm

I downloaded the SegmentsCalculator plug-in, loaded a package, can't find plug-in, where is it located?? Never mind, the old man found it!!
CARBOB

Postby stan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:06 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I found no problem with the Segments Calculator as all it does is put all of the same segment counts in one viewable table. The same information can be found in the Statistics WNH Segments table except there you have to view each column separately and in the statistics table you have filtering abilty. I see no adavntage in this plugin just convenience of being able to see the whole table at one time.
[/quote]

plus you can export this table to excel. somebody asked for this in the forum (as far as i remember)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:10 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I placed the last months worth of drawings into a package and ran the Segments Calculator and it says that 5-0-0 was drawn 3 times in column 0 although 5-0-0 was never drawn within the last month.
[/quote]

i've posted this many times before: putting winning numbers into the package and calculating stats for package tickets is not the same as calculating stats for winning numbers or using wn history functions!
when you load winning numbers into the package the tickets lose their draw date so calculating wn history values for them is a simulation of what would happen if each previous draw was drawn again and added again to the end of your winning numbers database.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:13 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
Right now I do not know all possibilities opened by this plugin, but I believe that it deserves to be taken seriously.

I am also interested in what Stan could say about this plugin.
[/quote]

it doesn't necessarily open any new possibilities it just conveniently arranges 'occurrence' values from segment stat into a single table that's exportable to ms excel:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Where is the segments Calculator Plugin?

Postby kdsjeter » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi Stan,

Unsure where to find this one. I believe you have an email list for updates, can you add me to the list.

Thank you,

KS
kdsjeter

Postby CARBOB » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:50 pm

[quote=kdsjeter]
Hi Stan,

Unsure where to find this one. I believe you have an email list for updates, can you add me to the list.

Thank you,

KS
[/quote]

Go here http://www.expertlotto.com/en/download/beta.htm#news

Add to your favorites!!!
CARBOB

Postby kdsjeter » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:01 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=kdsjeter]
Hi Stan,

Thank you,

KS
[/quote]

Go here http://www.expertlotto.com/en/download/beta.htm#news

Add to your favorites!!!
[/quote]

Thanks... Bob!
kdsjeter

Postby Picsou » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:15 pm

Hello to all

Make this experience.

First put for example the last 100 draws in package file
Run the segment calculator.

now, go to statistics, select the last 100 draws (not the package), run the statistics
go to WNH segments, class by occurence, look values and compare with the segment calculator.

you have the same.
may you confirm please

cdt
Picsou

Postby Picsou » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:43 pm

Hello all

Good evening

Here is my vision of the segment calculator and how I believed that it to go to work.
My purpose is to find the occurrences of segments which leave 1 ticket from the segment 6 or 7 (i repeat go to Tax posts for that). It will be easier to find 6values of segments justs 11.
How should work the segment to calculator:

At first after a new draw , I update the base.

You can then update the table of segments by the button update. the good segments then appear for the last draw, but you don't know how nany tickets left in package after each segment.

At this moment I skip the last draw (expert lotto must remember the segments values), make a full package and lauch the segment calculator.
It's after "working" should indicate me for every good value of the segment the remaining number of tickets of one package suit.

I then have to feed a base Excel to update.
You can then repeter the operation after skipping an another draw and so on.

(to understood,Calculator, work like a 11 segments compound filter, but it's know each value segment to select for each steep).
result will be

321: 1674432, 222:196200, 132:23192, 303:1279, 024: 40, 501:5, 123:1, 051:1,321:1,330:1,330:1

after your analys of a lot of result in your excel file,you make your segments combinaison for your each 11 segments filter.

is it clear?
cdt
Picsou

Postby Jerzy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:05 am

Picsou,

You can sort the data in the Segments Calculator Table by clicking on the headers of rows or headers of columns. This way the data can be sorted horizontally or vertically in ascending or descending order.

The calculator shows how numerous is each segment combination in the package you prepare for the next draw and how it is represented in each column.

It is possible to prepare a kind of data for the last several or more drawings, testing each draw separately after skipping appropriate winning combinations in the Winning Numbers.

But we need to know what information displayed by the Segment Calculator would be useful, and how to use this information.

My initial investigation indicates that the relationship between the real segments for the jackpot ticket and most numerous and least numerous representations of these segments in the package is based on randomness.

However, the information provided by the Segment Calculator could be useful. It might be even precious, if you combine it with a dose of luck.

Good luck!

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Picsou » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Jerzy

ok for your comments, but i want to have also my "vision" (see precedent post) of numbers tickets remaining in package.

we can ask to Stan to develop it and add it as a new option in segment calculator or naming tickets calculator (?)

...if all are OK for my idea..

Cdt
Picsou

PreviousNext

Return to BETA versions