multithreading issues

multithreading issues

Postby stan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:07 pm

i've just realized there's a potential bug in expert lotto when the filters/stats are multithreaded: if you use a filter or calculate stats that adjust segment sizes to values different from the default ones then there's a high risk that those filters/stats will perform incorrectly. it's due to the fact that a filter running in one thread may adjust segment sizes to some values and another filter running in other thread may adjust segment sizes to different value thus clashing with each other.
i'll fix this in the next build however it will be an incompatible API change so some of your plugins may stop working. naturally, i'll fix all of my plugins but joe (i hope he's reading this:) will have to change his plugins that are based on wnh segments.
in the meantime - if you only use the default segment sizes set in application preferences, you will get correct results. if you need to filter the package with non-default segment sizes you should turn multi-threading off when using such a filter in a compound filter.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CARBOB » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:42 pm

So, we should reset to 6/12, until the issue is resolved?
CARBOB

Postby stan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:01 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
So, we should reset to 6/12, until the issue is resolved?
[/quote]

no, use any settings you want but make sure segment sizes in e.g. 'segment combinations' filter window match those you made in 'lottery - preferences - wn history'
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:45 pm

it should be fixed in build 999/1000. however some of joe's plugins will ignore segment size settings made in their filter windows and will use the global settings from menu 'lottery - preferences - wn history'
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Sun May 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi Stan,

Any chance of having multi threading applied to the Simulator calculation process in the WN history panel?

On small packages not an issue but a full package will benefit.

thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Thu May 15, 2008 7:32 pm

i'll look at it but lot of synchronization is needed there so the speedup won't be that great...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to BETA versions