lottery types

lottery types

Postby stan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:14 pm

i just started hacking APIs for expert lotto version 5 but i need your help. i need to know all possible lottery types. so far i'm aware of these:
- jackpot games without bonus numbers (x/yy)
- jackpot games with bonus number(s) (x+y/zz)
- pick X games - each number comes from a different pool
- powerball games - bonus number(s) come from a different pool
- keno games which draw more numbers than are actually bet

did i miss a lottery which doesn't fit to any of those above?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi Stan
In New Zealand , we have two different types of lotto.

One is drawn each Saturday. It consists of 6 numbers drawn from a total of 40 balls. Also one bonus ball is drawn from the same set of 40 numbers. Separate to that, one "powerball" number is drawn from a different set of 10 balls. To get the top prize, you have to get the 6 numbers, plus the one powerball. Second division is when you get the 6 numbers plus the bonus number. see :-

http://www.nzlotteries.co.nz/wps/wcm/my ... o/Results/

The other lotto game is drawn on Wednesday & Is called "Big Wednesday". It consists of drawing 6 balls from a total of 45 balls, plus a separate draw for "heads" or "tails". To get the top prize here, you must get the 6 drawn numbers correct, plus "heads" or "tails" correct.
see:-

http://www.nzlotteries.co.nz/wps/wcm/my ... y/Results/

Would it be possible to have Expert lotto accomodate both these games in full?. At present the only way I can use Expert Lotto to track these games is to have one game for the powerball numbers only, & another for heads & tails. I make heads =1, & tails =2, a rather messy process to say in the least!! Would be fabulous if you could find some way around this. Many thanks.
niceguy

Postby stan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:17 pm

[quote=niceguy]
Hi Stan In New Zealand , we have two different types of lotto.

One is drawn each Saturday. It consists of 6 numbers drawn from a total of 40 balls. Also one bonus ball is drawn from the same set of 40 numbers. Separate to that, one "powerball" number is drawn from a different set of 10 balls. To get the top prize, you have to get the 6 numbers, plus the one powerball. Second division is when you get the 6 numbers plus the bonus number.
[/quote]
so that's a mix of a bonus jackpot game with a powerball game, right?
ok, i'll keep that on my mind

The other lotto game is drawn on Wednesday & Is called "Big Wednesday". It consists of drawing 6 balls from a total of 45 balls, plus a separate draw for "heads" or "tails". To get the top prize here, you must get the 6 drawn numbers correct, plus "hesds" or "tails" correct.

that would be a powerball lottery with the powerball coming from a pool of two numbers
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi Stan I've just added a couple of links to the above. Thought it would help make it a little clearer. Thanks.
niceguy

Return to Anything Else