New PC New email address no jackpot version

New PC New email address no jackpot version

Postby Red Devil » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:00 am

Stan,

I've just renewed my PC and reinstalled EL. Installed previous version of EL, copied license to LIB folder OK. Unable to auto update in EL so updated manually, now no matter what I do I have latest version , 4.5.2 and build 1052 cannot get 1053 Jackpot version. Is there a new address to download new version of Jackpot?

Rgds

RD :wand:
Red Devil

Postby Falcon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:02 am

Red Devil,

Don't know which browser you are using but if you are using Firefox clean out the cache file or Private data before attempting to download. Or alternatively use a different browser to download the file.

falcon
Falcon

Postby Red Devil » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:01 pm

Falcon,

Using IE. I was alright until I went from 4.5.1 build 1027 to 4.5.2. I'll try again

RD
Red Devil

Postby Red Devil » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:38 pm

Stan,

I have downloaded the 8Mb file from the EL home page for Windows XP. It has installed OK, V4.5.2 build 1052 Free Edition.

When I go to register using my license it replies "Not valid EL License".

It's a long time ago since I done this the first time, can you confirm that the correct license file is expertlotto.lic

Rgds

RD :wand: :wand:
Red Devil

Postby Red Devil » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Stan,

I found the correct license file and browsed it in to register. I now have EL Pro v4.5.2 build 1052 but not Jackpot version 1053. I went to the jackpot address and downloaded the latest build. Whether I copy it straight in to the lib folder or rename it to.jar first, I still can't get Jackpot version?

RD
Red Devil

Postby Jerzy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Red Devil,

See what happens in the lib folder. The .jar file for the build 1053 should replace the .jar file for build 1052, which should disappear from the lib folder. If the file for the build 1053 appears in the lib folder as a .zip file it will not replace the 1052 file and the update will be ineffective.
Jerzy

Postby Red Devil » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Jerzy,

No matter what I do the file stays as a compressed file even when I rename to .jar

If I remove the original jar file the program won't run

Java VM Launcher Error - Couldn't find main class

Frustrating!!!

RD
Red Devil

Postby sysp34 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:02 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
Stan,

I've just renewed my PC and reinstalled EL. Installed previous version of EL, copied license to LIB folder OK. Unable to auto update in EL so updated manually, now no matter what I do I have latest version , 4.5.2 and build 1052 cannot get 1053 Jackpot version. Is there a new address to download new version of Jackpot?

Rgds

RD :wand:
[/quote]

Red Devil

you cannot copied license to LIB folder after you copy you must registry by clicking about - register and select folder LIB folder (from your case)

gl
sysp34

Postby Red Devil » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:09 pm

Ragwi,

I found that out and that's why I have already done exactly as you say but although I now have EL Pro I have no jackpot version

RD
Red Devil

Postby sysp34 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:26 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
Ragwi,

I found that out and that's why I have already done exactly as you say but although I now have EL Pro I have no jackpot version

RD
[/quote]

RD

after registered the next part little bit easy go to this link

http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... ead&id=371

find a link from this word
a link to download special 'jackpot' beta version build of expert lotto:

link

then download the files, note the el should not be running and then copy and paste expertlotto.jar into lib, just overwrite if it asked

note the files size should be the same with version 1052

fire up el and tada you should have 1053 jackpot version

btw you may check for latest update and it should add new automatic winning lottery update version xxxx.26

gl
sysp34

Postby Red Devil » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:26 am

Ragwi,

I've done all that and it doesn't overwrite the existing expertlotto file, just adds the file as a compressed file although I renamed it before copying to the Lib directory

See attached although I renamed it, it does not copy across with the .jar

RD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Red Devil

Postby sysp34 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:53 am

[quote=Red Devil]
Ragwi,

I've done all that and it doesn't overwrite the existing expertlotto file, just adds the file as a compressed file although I renamed it before copying to the Lib directory

See attached although I renamed it, it does not copy across with the .jar

RD
[/quote]

RD

from the files size it indicate you have downloaded the right one 3,049 kb unfortunately your expertlotto.jar becoming expertlotto.zip so that which you cannot overwrite the files.

and you must renaming expertlotto.zip. here are my step:

1. fire up windows explorer click tools ~ click folder option
2. click view and find hide extensions for known file types and hide protected operation system files (recommended) UNCHECK BOTH
3. go to C:Program FilesExpertLottolib and find expertlotto.zip (note this will be enable with you do step 2)
4. delete expertlotto.jar and renamed expertlotto.zip into expertlotto.jar
5. fire up el and tada you should have jackpot version 1053

AND NOTE PLEASE GIVE A CHECK SIGN IN STEP 2 (if you like to hide step 2)

gl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sysp34

Postby Jerzy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:11 am

Red Devil,

As you noticed "the file stays as a compressed file even when I rename to .jar" Quite understandable.

The file for the Jackpot build (or any build) should be renamed as .jar before you start downloading it. If it is dowloaded as .zip file it is completely useless.

If I had a compressed file in the lib folder, I would delete this file. Next I would dowload the new jackpot version (from http://www.expertlotto.com/files/previe ... tlotto.jar ), but I would place an extension .jar before starting the download.
Jerzy

Postby Red Devil » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Jerzy/Sysp

Thanks for your help, looks like renaming it before downloading worked however, I have never had to that before. I always renamed after downloading. Any way EL is now working as Jackpot - Thanks again

RD
Red Devil

Postby stan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:05 pm

sorry, i haven't been here for a while. pls email me directly if you have problems upgrading. i'll create an .exe installer with the latest jackpot build then
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Anything Else