Excel or Expert Lotto

Excel or Expert Lotto

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi everyone,
Is it possible to create a matrix in Expert Lotto or Excel with the total number of occurrences a digit appears in each position. (see image below)
The matrix below is for the Pennsylvania Cash 5/43 game. I used Expert Lotto to calculate each number by position and enter them into a matrix.

winsumloosesum

Re: Excel or Expert Lotto

Postby winsumloosesum » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Pennsylvania Cash 5/43 game changed back on Feb 1 2008 from a 5/39 game to a 5/43.
As of Thursday April 8 2010 there were a total of 798 total draws for the 5/43 game
So the current matrix looks like this below with the top 5 hits based on the previous post:

Is it possible to create a Wheel in Expert Lotto that will generate 3125 total combination's taking the TOP 5 digits from each position?

Can Expert Lotto also calculate and/or filter "Unique Values" from a "Package" of combination's?

Excel formula =SUM(IF(COUNTIF(K20:T20,K20:T20)=0,"",1/COUNTIF(K20:T20,K20:T20))) (Contol > Shift > Enter) Thanks Carbob for this formula.

Then using Expert Lotto's other filters to generate combination's

Thanks!!
winsumloosesum

Re: Excel or Expert Lotto

Postby MartinMan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Hello winsumloosesum,
I don't know about a wheel, but to get all of the combinations for the top five numbers by position:

Load a full wheel.
Go to Filters/Position Filters/Numbers
This will bring up a form to set the numbers by position.
Check the boxes on the Left for the Positions that you want to use
Click the Numbers button for the Position that you want to set
Click the Numbers you want in the Panel and Click Done
Do this for each Position
Click the Button for Logical Condition - And
Click the Button for Matching Tickets - Leave
Then you can Preview to see how many tickets you will have, or Back-test to see how the numbers worked together or just click OK to filter the numbers.

I don't think you can check Positions in a chart at the same time as you asked above. At least I have never seen it. You have to do it the way that you did.

I don't know what you mean about the Unique Values. There are a lot of filters and combinations in EL that might do what you want, but I don't know what you want. I am terrible at Excel, so I didn't get a clue from the formula. EL does not give you calculation formulas.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Return to Anything Else