Filtering Pairs

Filtering Pairs

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Is there an easy way to filter for pairs of the same last digit?
Say I have chosen 5 last digits and I want to only have 1 pair of matching last digits per combination.
Like this, last digits are 1, 2, 5, 7, 9. Whole numbers would be 1, 11, 21, 31 - 2, 12, 22, 32 - 5, 15, 25, 35 - 7, 17, 27, 37 - 9, 19, 29, 39.
Combinations should look like this - 1, 11, 22, 25, 37 or 1, 12, 22, 27, 39. Only 1 matching last digit pair per combination.

Thanks
Padawan
PadawanLotto

Re: Filtering Pairs

Postby stan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:01 pm

well, you can build a complex filter of a series of 'match numbers' filters to simulate that but it's not very convenient.
pls feel free to add a new issue for this feature request.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby MartinMan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Hello PadawanLotto,
First message got lost, I'll try again.

This isn't real easy, but isn't to bad and should work.
Make a package with your main numbers.
Go to Filters/Match Numbers
Click on the last digit numbers that you want 2 of. This would be 1 11 21 31 in your example.
Select Match 0 and Match 1 and Match 2
Leave
Filter
Then do the same for the others. 2 12 22 32 etc.
That should leave you with either none of each group together, or 1 or 2 of each group in each ticket.
You could also just use Match 1 and Match 2 for each group depending on how you like your numbers.
If you need at least 2 from each group, then you will have to decide which 2 groups that you want to use.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:52 pm

I had to use complex filters with match numbers filtering one set match 2 and the other sets match 0,1. Then save the results to a file and then repeat the first step using a different last digit number set. After getting all sets filtered, I loaded them all back into the package, not hard, just time consuming.

Thanks Guys!
PadawanLotto

Postby MartinMan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Hello PadawanLotto,

I was thinking about your filter and I wonder if the new Group Filter might work for you. It looks OK for it.
If you filter for your main package first, then you can use the new discrete groups to make your LD groups.
Then check all your groups on the form.
Set both min and max to 2.
1 to 1 groups must pass.

I tried it with 5 groups, so I also checked tickets must fall into 4 to 4 groups.
I was using the MegaMillions.
The results looked OK. I only saw tickets with 2 numbers from 1 group and 1 single from each of 3 of the other groups.
See if it works the way you want. Might save you some bother.

Regards,
Martin
MartinMan

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:21 pm

LottoJac came up with the solution to the filtering for single pair of last digits per combination.

EL ver 4 First/Last Digit Filter :
Check all 10 (0 thru 9) last digits select Last Digit condition OR and check that
1 to 1 are repeated 2 to 2 LEAVE

I like how ver5 filters for first and last digits so I start with ver5 filter for the first and last digits that I want to use in my combinations and save the file to text. I then can open that file in ver4 and use the first/last digit filter there to get the single pair last digits per combinations and save the file and open it in ver5 for final filtering.

Stan I would post this in Mantis but Mantis is a pain as I can't get back in unless I create a new account, it always tells me that my account has been deleted.

Padawan
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:01 pm

PadawanLotto wrote:LottoJac came up with the solution to the filtering for single pair of last digits per combination.

EL ver 4 First/Last Digit Filter :
Check all 10 (0 thru 9) last digits select Last Digit condition OR and check that
1 to 1 are repeated 2 to 2 LEAVE

I like how ver5 filters for first and last digits so I start with ver5 filter for the first and last digits that I want to use in my combinations and save the file to text. I then can open that file in ver4 and use the first/last digit filter there to get the single pair last digits per combinations and save the file and open it in ver5 for final filtering.

Stan I would post this in Mantis but Mantis is a pain as I can't get back in unless I create a new account, it always tells me that my account has been deleted.

Padawan
I rechecked this filter and the settings given here do not work, it still leaves one last digit repeating 3 times in some combinations.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:04 pm

PadawanLotto wrote:Stan I would post this in Mantis but Mantis is a pain as I can't get back in unless I create a new account, it always tells me that my account has been deleted.

there are two accounts under your email address in mantis. both accounts are valid and enabled. i don't know what's wrong, perhaps your cookie security rules are too strict. i remember you were having problems logging in to the discussion board as well.
i can reset password for your mantis account so let me know if you want to give it another try.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else