Problem installing in Linux

Problem installing in Linux

Postby Red Devil » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:52 pm

Stan,
I had major problems with Windows 10 crashing after updates etc so I installed Ubuntu Linux. I am a beginner with this OS but, I manged to install Java and download "expertlotto-complete-install.jar" however installing it is a different matter. I tried the command you gave on the webpage in Terminal but all it appeared to do is extract to a folder in "computer/usr/local". I cannot find an executable file.

Any ideas that I can try

Rgd

Red Devil
Red Devil

Re: Problem installing in Linux

Postby stan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Download and extract this file: http://www.expertlotto.com/files/v4x/expertlotto4x.zip
Then on the command line go to the extracted folder and run this command:

java -cp .:lib/jh.jar:lib/expertlotto.jar:lib com.expertlotto.Lotto
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: Problem installing in Linux

Postby Red Devil » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:55 am

Hi Stan,

Thanks for your efforts, I tried exactly what you have indicated and EL opens with the Polish Free edition, I entered new UK Thunderball properties and hit OK to restart however, nothing happened apart the closing of the program.

I did manage to get the old .jar file working but can only run it in a Terminal session, it runs OK, only problem is with the old file I cannot save WinHist preferences, file name not found. I think this might be down to spaces in the original file names.

What I used was, In a Terminal cd to Downloads and run sudo apt-get install expertlotto-install-complete

Then I changed directory again to cd /usr/local/"Expert Lotto"/lib and ran the command sudo java -jar expertlotto.jar

I then installed my license and expertlotto jackpot file and input my preferences, and the only thing I can't do is to change and keep the Segment start and end (HD)

Anyway I am quite happy to use it like this.

Rgds

RD
Red Devil

Return to Anything Else