Mega Millions

Mega Millions

Postby caljac » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:35 am

Okay,

First of all, I want to thank you for the help that you have given me, already. I am trying to familiarize myself with EL before I set out to win anything. I have gotten acquainted with the winning number history filter for a 6/49 lottery.

When I skip the last drawing in the Mega lottery and get the exact values (+/-10) for the 11 sums, I only got one ticket and it had 3 correct. Another time, all of the tickets were filtered out (3.8 millions total). I have never gotten all five numbers. By the way, I created a lottery minus the bonus ball.

Have you ever had this problem? Please, give me any suggestions that you may think of. If my email gives you any problems, please use caljac54@hotmail.com
caljac

Postby stan » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:29 pm

[quote=caljac]
When I skip the last drawing in the Mega lottery and get the exact values (+/-10) for the 11 sums, I only got one ticket and it had 3 correct. Another time, all of the tickets were filtered out (3.8 millions total). I have never gotten all five numbers. By the way, I created a lottery minus the bonus ball.
[/quote]

the problem must be on your side (no offense ;-)), the system does work.

- were you able to reproduce the example in application's help?

- if your lottery doesn't draw two sets of numbers a day then you must 'skip' the very last draw, not the last but one

- your 'fake estimates' must be 'current sum value +/-10' *before* skipping the latest draw

- don't forget to use button 'recalculate sum values' in the filter window

- let me know which lottery you play and i'll prepare the fake estimates for you
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Mega Millions

Postby caljac » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:19 am

Stan,
I have not been on the forum for a while. I noticed that you answered my query. I thought that it was so stupid, that you iqnored it. As the subject states, I was talking about Mega Millions. Let me give you an example of what I was talking about. First, I updated the very last MM drawing in the WN History (8/1/2006). I wrote down the exact values for the 11 sums (0 to -10). Then I go to winning numbers and skip the 8/1 drawing. I update the 7/28 drawing in the WN History, went to package and generated the 13 million + tickets and entered the exact sums for the next drawing in the filter, sum window. I +/-10 for every sum, click and then leave and ok.

Every thing that I did was exact. I am going to do it again tonight just to make sure that the values are correct.
caljac

Postby stan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:44 am

[quote=caljac]
Stan,
I have not been on the forum for a while. I noticed that you answered my query. I thought that it was so stupid, that you iqnored it. As the subject states, I was talking about Mega Millions. Let me give you an example of what I was talking about. First, I updated the very last MM drawing in the WN History (8/1/2006). I wrote down the exact values for the 11 sums (0 to -10). Then I go to winning numbers and skip the 8/1 drawing. I update the 7/28 drawing in the WN History, went to package and generated the 13 million + tickets and entered the exact sums for the next drawing in the filter, sum window. I +/-10 for every sum, click and then leave and ok.

Every thing that I did was exact. I am going to do it again tonight just to make sure that the values are correct.
[/quote]

it might be a good idea if you take a screen shot of your filter window and email it to me.

btw, the wn history filter ignores bonus numbers so you can set the bonus number range to 1-1 in the ticket generator window and filter 3819816 main combinations only.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:54 am

[quote=caljac]
I have not been on the forum for a while.
[/quote]

check option 'notify via email' and you'll receive email notifications when someone replies to a thread you started (or any other thread actually)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:09 pm

[quote=caljac:1153809334]
Okay,

First of all, I want to thank you for the help that you have given me, already. I am trying to familiarize myself with EL before I set out to win anything. I have gotten acquainted with the winning number history filter for a 6/49 lottery.

Have you ever had this problem? Please, give me any suggestions that you may think of. If my email gives you any problems, please use caljac54@hotmail.com
[/quote]

Hi caljac, here is some tips on working with the Mega Millions drawing.

Creating the Mega minus the bonus ball was good on your part. Make sure that you only use the drawings from when California joined the game on 06/24/05 and the game changes to a 5/56 + 1-46. I know that there are only 117 drawings but, if you look at the last 5 columns in the Summary Table you will notice that the values are always moving up.
This makes it a little easier to make your estimates for at least 5 of the 11 columns, the 0 column in any game is the easiest to estimate.

Next when working with the Mega Millions use a error range of +/-20 and set the Winning Numbers History filters Min/Max values +/-20 of the values from the last drawing for columns 0 thru -5, the other columns -6 thru -10 should move up most of the time so set Min to the last sum and the Max to +40 of the last value.

To make calculation time a little faster make a package template that is 0.005 the amount of the maximum amount of combinations possible which is 19,099 combinations. Use the Ticket Generator to make the template, check Generate tickets with random numbers, Ticket range 1-56, Maximum overlap 3, run the generator when the combinations reaches 19,099 you can click cancel. It doesn't matter if you go over 19,099 combinations. Now save the package of combinations name it template and you can now always pull it up for later use.

When working with Mega Millions use your template with the WN History filter. When running the filter with the instructions above make sure the At Least _to_ columns must pass is un-checked this will give up a normal view of what your estimates are going to produce combination wise. The idea here is to adjust the estimates in the columns until the amount of combinations is 0. Once you reach this point run a test using the full amount of combinations (3,819,816) to see how many combinations the WN History filter leaves you, it may be way more than you want to deal with.

If there are to many combinations go back to the template and WN History filter and check the At least _to_ columns must pass to 10 to 11 columns must pass and run the WN History filter and see how many combinations you are left with. Now by some more adjustment of the column estimates try to work the combinations down to like 60 to 30 and then run the filter with a full pakage to see how many combinations you have it should be within an afordable range. Make sure when you run the filter with the full amount of combinations to un-check the At least option.

Hope this helps.
PadawanLotto

Return to Anything Else